2019 European Championships Free Dance | Page 22 | Golden Skate

2019 European Championships Free Dance

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
EUROPEANS PREDICTIONS GAME - ICE DANCE

Hello everyone, here go the final results of the Ice Dance event. There were 87 participants and we have 1 gold, 5 silver and 22 bronze medalists:

55 points

Baron Vladimir
Jeanie19
LadyB
Mohacz
Sabrina
60 points

GoneWithTheWind
50 points

Azcha
cake
CaroLiza_fan
casualfan
CherylDee
Fluture
gonewiththewind25
Hyena
Koatterce
LaArdilla
Miriam090
moonstruck
Moxiejan
Nathan13
Phireye
Ruby999
semosk8tfan
Sherlock Marple
Step Sequence4
tabsy
vesperalvioletta
voolfee

Congratulations to the winners and all the participants!

All the results are already available in the Google Spreadsheet that can be found here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...DzocXsdjVA6FUI/edit?ts=5c4abe64#gid=167253087

Last edited:

Chris Cooper

On the Ice
And even better for France - 2 golds, 4th and 5th place :bow:

I'm really pleased for France too. They're making a real comeback as a top skating nation after a struggling a few years to do well in all 4 disciplines. I hope they carry this through to the team event in Beijing so we might see some new nations on the podium next time

Lota

Record Breaker
Overall, the entire competition was very enjoyable to watch from start to finish, as the 'bottom' teams showed some unique and interesting elements and the 'top' teams performed very well. Super happy for S/B, definitely the couple I enjoyed the most today, although I liked so many of them! As for P/C, not gonna say anything new, I just... :palmf: they're so good. They're. So. GOOD. Why do they never think out of the freaking box? :bang: I get that each of their programs is somewhat different, but I just really want to be exited to see them and I haven't felt excitement regarding them in a long time. Sigh...

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
About P/C...

sorry but for the first time I was actually kinda bored watching the program. This is not to say they're not amazing skaters, once in a lifetime talents. But the program is not particularly compelling for me. They've put themselves in a little box, and like all boxes, it is ultimately limiting.

Just my 2 coppers. YMMV. And I'm sure for most of you it does.

Chris Cooper

On the Ice
How can you guys tell it’s real?

The way it's different pieces of fur stitched together from multiple animals. It makes me feel sick just typing that last sentence.

It's possible that they were trying to replicate the look of real fur style, however I'd be surprised.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Ooof. It's almost 3:30am. I have to go and get some sleep. Thank goodness tomorrow's Sunday.

Night all!

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
I didn't know Lakernik is that old :dev3:
Oh, and i got silver. Guiallume can award me that medal and Bukin the flowers :biggrin:

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Well a nice competition overall. Why can't I sleep, and grr why does NBC take down US Nationals videos when they don't even let non-US people PAY :mad:

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
Very very interested to see how this top ten place at worlds. Shame about Smart and Diaz but the did themselves proud, I’m clueless about technical stuff so all I’ll say it looking at the TES I think they know what they have to do to get the edge.

Papadakis and Cizeron were a cut above the rest and had a well deserved win here. Some people say that there Free is to similar to their previous stuff but I disagree. There is a warmth here that the likes of Moonlight Sonata doesn’t have. I can’t see any of the NA teams challenging them.

Stepanova and Bukin. Yes technically they could improve but they are amazing and can portray such drama. Very interested to see them fight it out again with their Russian rivals at Worlds.

Lilah and Lewis. My heart was pounding and my hands were shaking all throughout, it wasn’t quite NHK but it was so stylish and exciting that I cannot wait until Worlds. If they could even stay within the top ten - it would be a dream but they’d need a lot of luck and they’d need to keep all of their levels. Keep fighting guys I’m rooting for you!!

Robynne and Joe, personally I felt they could have been higher - perhaps 15th or 16th but overall they did well. I hope they take the time to build on what they achieved here since they won’t be at worlds.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I totally support SinKats, but this season their FD, and I like it a lot, cannot match Piper & Paul’s superb number:luv17:

I know this won't happen but I think this year Gilles and Porier have the best FD - it will never be seen in the scores. The French are sublime yet again no doubt. But They can't seem to change their lyricisms and they don't get that romantic vibe between them. Oh the French show a connection dont misunderstand me and I know there are tonnes of PC fans and rightfully so. I just wish a top team like them could show a bit more range. Even their RD has that lovely lyricism and emotioan connection but they lacking diversity and they don't emote romanticism - emotionalism yes but not able to do a romantic kind of vibe despite both of them have naturally sexy looks. Kind of like Duhamel and Radford - they had a connection but not to this level but they too couldn't do romantic type vibes.

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
Lol Gabby shooing the others away xD

Looked like Ivan had a little cut on his shoulder.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Hmm so which /spanish team is going to worlds? I assume it is our winning duo here. Now their results are very interesting. Assuming the Brits can stay ahead of them at worlds and everyone else here in Europe they are going to find it close to earn a second birth for 2020. A lot really depends on the Canadians and Russians. If these two teams can earn 3 spots for 2020 at worlds then most likely the key will be assuming HB will be ahead of the Spanish duo whether the third Canadian team - the Daneadians place ahead or behind Spain. If the Danedians beat Spain and Russia and Canada earn three spots Spain I believe will be once again left with only one spot for 2020 worlds. I have no idea where the Daneadians rank in the scheme of things right now.

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
Piper and Paul want to medal at Worlds. I love them as a couple but short of a disaster skater from the top four here...

Hubble and Donahue, Weaver and Poje, Piper and Paul and the Canadanes where will they place. Not to mention my personal Dark Horses McNamara and Carpenter and the newly returned Chock and Bates...

LaArdilla

Medalist
I don’t remember any screams of joy when P/C chose Ed freaking Sheeran for their SD last year, as out of “the box” as it may be when you are P/C. Just sayin’.

Would I want them to dance to something completely different? On an egoistic level: HELL yeah! But they have found something that no one else in the World has (right now; who knows what these talented juniors will bring) and I cannot shame them for milking it for what it’s worth. And it’s worth a lot.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I don’t remember any screams of joy when P/C chose Ed freaking Sheeran for their SD last year, as out of “the box” as it may be when you are P/C. Just sayin’.

Would I want them to dance to something completely different? On an egoistic level: HELL yeah! But they have found something that no one else in the World has (right now; who knows what these talented juniors will bring) and I cannot shame them for milking it for what it’s worth. And it’s worth a lot.

Go back and watch their Woodkid program from their first year as Seniors. Not many people were singing their praises here at the time, but I certainly was. Or go back even earlier and watch their Pink Floyd program from when they were juniors.

You can milk something until it dries up.

LaArdilla

Medalist
Go back and watch their Woodkid program from their first year as Seniors. Not many people were singing their praises here at the time, but I certainly was. Or go back even earlier and watch their Pink Floyd program from when they were juniors.

You can milk something until it dries up.

Oh, I remember their junior programs and the Woodkid one, I loved them! They didn’t bring them the high scores though, did they. And they are athletes and want to win.

Gosh, I loved that Woodkid program, so fast! Would it be really weird to bring that back, after 5 years? With re-worked choreo, perhaps? Please, skating gods!!!

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Oh, I remember their junior programs and the Woodkid one, I loved them! They didn’t bring them the high scores though, did they. And they are athletes and want to win.

Gosh, I loved that Woodkid program, so fast! Would it be really weird to bring that back, after 5 years? With re-worked choreo, perhaps? Please, skating gods!!!

They don't have to bring it back. They can simply explore other areas of dance rather than another contemporary-styled piece. Hell at this point I'd even love to see them do a Fred and Ginger homage. Just something--anything!--different. They certainly have the talent, In abundance.