2019 European Championships Pairs Short Program | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2019 European Championships Pairs Short Program

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
The free is going to be very interesting, I'm happy that Sasha and Mitya got a new SB and I'm hoping to see them fistpumping (Mitya especially, his fistpumps are the best) at the free (and maybe a podium finish, if possible). And now I'll go to bed, I have to adult and go to work on time. Au revoir, everyone.

Vilord

Final Flight
Country
Sweden
For the earlier discussion about P/K being similair to T/M. I think they are but it is unfair to P/K to compare them as they are today since P/K are about 8 years younger than T/M. If we compare P/K as they are now to T/M their first senior season I think they are verry similair as in both pairs having verry good quality in their elements and transitions. P/K obviously dont have the speed of T/M and look verry juniorish in comparison, but I think we should remember that they could have stayed in junior for 3more seasons than they did and making the GPF at just 15/19. The comparison with T/M shows what they could grow into!

(I do however hope that they wont have T/Ms concistency issues)

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
Z/K have a tremendous future. They impress me more than the Italians, honestly, at least when they’re on.

It really is so sad because they have so much potential as a team. I could genuinely see them as a Top 3-4 at Europeans team.
I am not so sure about their "tremendous future" and potential. They have been skating for quite long already. Sure, they have been improving quite steadily, but I remember reading somewhere (some time ago) that this was going to be their last season. I don't really remember where I read it and what was the source, but I think it came from themselves. It can be that they have changed their mind, of course. It would be a pity if they retired when they really have improved so much.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Anybody here that has watched Russian TV live with the Pairs SP?

Were the male commentators still raving over Della Monica's 'buns', like they did in GPF Finals, LOL?

The torrents with Perviy Kanal and Eurosport.ru Ladies SP are just in but I'll have to wait for the Pairs SP

bobbob

Medalist
J/C were overscored as usual. They got the same SS as T/M, how can that be the case? Their short also does not work well, unlike their long, which is very good from a choreography and composition standpoint. I would probably invert their and T/M's PCS

rachno2

Record Breaker
I finally got caught up! and I guess I have some unpopular opinions :slink:

B/K—Not only did they not look nervous, they looked like they were having a lot of fun out there :) The lift was a major highlight. There could be a bit more refinement to the way they transition out of their elements, but they’re young and have the world at their feet. I thought this was the most enjoyable performance of the event, and I'm glad the judges encouraged them with a SB.

P/K—There were some shaky moments (the throw jump, the abrupt change in position on the lift), but I enjoyed them probably more than I ever have this season. Great synchronization, especially in the final spins. Contrary to some other posters, I don’t really like this slow, lyrical style on them. I actually think they are more suited to personality programs, especially Daria (though I don’t think the tacky free is a good vehicle for them, either). But I think they make a good team, and I’m starting to see the potential.

J/C—Obligatory “Vanessa is gorgeous” comment. I know this program hasn’t clicked for some people, but I’ve always liked it. :/ They have big, impressive elements and did everything with (more or less) good quality. The deserving leaders going into the free.

T/M—This program was pretty much made for me (although some of the music cuts are....jarring). Choreographically, I adore the way it is constructed, and they have the best SS in the field. That said, there was a sloppiness throughout, and not just in the side-by-side jumps (ex: the spins lost synchronization and the throw jump was a bit shaky). I know I said, “Rach no 2 makes everyone look like royalty,” but there was a sense of grandeur and self-assurance missing here (a recurring problem with them), and it's especially noticeable when you're skating to this music. They are still the most naturally gifted skaters here, but I expected a lot more tbh, especially from the comments in the thread.

D-M/G—I’m not a fan of them and I find this program forgettable, BUT I actually agree with the close scoring and think they had a strong argument for second. T/M are a superior team, but everything they did was a bit sloppy, whereas the Italians were crisp and clean throughout. I never thought I would argue for them or this program, but here we are.

Z/K—So sad for them :( Technically, it was all wrong from the beginning, but they have a gentle, airy quality to them that’s different from all the other teams here (and not just in terms of packaging).

s_parks

Record Breaker
J/C were overscored as usual. They got the same SS as T/M, how can that be the case? Their short also does not work well, unlike their long, which is very good from a choreography and composition standpoint. I would probably invert their and T/M's PCS

I agree. I'd give J/C performance and interpretation, but SS...they're not an 8.96. And like you said, their long is clearly the better program.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker

I think both J/C and T/M were a little bit overscored for what they put on ice this time. J/C twist lift should be judged as Level 1 or 2, and T/M were, well - visibly not clean in SBS jumps and SBS spins. Even Della Monica/Guarise are not skating on the same level as those two they had cleaner elements and better levels this time. I would score J/C at 74.5, DM/G at 73.5, T/M and B/K at 72.5 (which is not that much different from the judges scores, but it would give DM/G and B/K better motivation to fight for a medal/even gold after SP). Well, it seems that sometimes judges are not into suprising results :biggrin:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I just wanted to pop there and rave a bit of Alexandra and Dmitrii, the total sweethearts & lovelies - what a debut, what a season best! The team who just got out of Junior ranks, but looks so proper senior: mature, controlled, with coverage, speed and polish. I really like this program due to such cheeky vibe, showy aesthetic, ability to show & balance both their skill technically and personality, character in performance - all set perfectly with the music, all elements highlighted on musical cues. And they have a great chemistry, understanding of each other, it shows in steady partnerings, how secure Dmitrii is throwing Alexandra, how in synch they are on spins. And they finish every single element/move with Alexandra's smile, no other pair has this hungry, contageous enthusiasm over performing, they just take public energy and give it back multiplied. And their KnC shenanigans. Kudos to Maestra Moskvina - she may be a small lady, but her expertise, teacher's hand are bigger than most.

On a side note, both James/Cipres and Tarasova/Morozov looked strained and a bit stiff. And I still cannot get behind that SP from Vanessa and Morgan...

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
Not quite the high quality competition I hoped for.

My favourite performances were B/K and DM/G. The Italians had the highest base value but the French ended up with the highest TES, everything worked for them tonight. The young Russian were a delight, full of joy and attack, they looked really happy to be there and skated extremely well.

I’m not a fan J/C’s short, it seems off to me. I like the song but her outfit looks Egyptian and the choreo does not match the music. The BESP guys loved and praised Czierons choreo. I was really look8ng forward to return of Rach for T/M but it was very scrappy. Once she messed the jump they went flat. As usual outstanding lift and throw. Also I was really disappointed with the new costumes, to much black and not enough red.

If the Russians skate like in Russian Nationals they can win this but I think I have J/C as the favourites. Battle for bronze will be interesting, it would be nice for the Italians to medal but B/K can take them if clean.

I enjoyed P/K bar the fall, they seem to have a very positive relationships, he appears very supportive. Disappointed for the Austrians, I thought they might be top5 but unlikely now. The Germans were lovely bar the fall. I thought the Croatians were mismatched, he comes across as a good performer she doesn’t, didn’t realise they left Larionov. Not sure of there long term prospects.

A very small field. I expected Krasnopolski and new partner to turn up, I think he does 4/5 years in a row with a different partner each year.

Nika09

On the Ice
But I just love that SP for J/C. And it was first time they skate it clean. I love that right-in-music 3FTh followed by amazing StSq. And definitely best StSq in Pairs field this season.
Vanessa and Morgan for Euro Champions!! :yahoo:

euroskate

Final Flight
I am not so sure about their "tremendous future" and potential. They have been skating for quite long already. Sure, they have been improving quite steadily, but I remember reading somewhere (some time ago) that this was going to be their last season. I don't really remember where I read it and what was the source, but I think it came from themselves. It can be that they have changed their mind, of course. It would be a pity if they retired when they really have improved so much.

That's wrong. They do another Olympic circle! Next year Europeans are in Austria and they are definitely skating there