Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Six hundredths of a point! Wow!:drama::eek:

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
They're disappointed they didn't win based on how close it was, but they'll be happy with that score and with 2nd overall. This was a great competition for them.

- - - Updated - - -

Also Kirsten telling Richard "He said 'friggin' it's okay" was really funny.

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
wahh 0.06!!
even closer than Euros 3rd and 4th :roll9:

but I hope MT/M are proud of their silver!

s_parks

Record Breaker
Cong Han doesn't get enough credit for how amazing he is. Technique, posture, the artistry- clear and away the best male pairs skater since Radford retired. Akin to Grinkov- the girl is the star of the pair but the guy's quality makes it work.

moses

Rinkside
Way closer than I expected, but Sui/Han definitely deserved first. Not a perfect program, but absolutely stunning. MT/M aren't at that.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Wow that was so close. I now kind of wish the judges gave it to the Canadians. Who wouldhave guessed this wouldhave happened. Sui and Han were so lucky here. I know they will improve for worlds

Seven Sisters

Medalist
Cong Han doesn't get enough credit for how amazing he is. Technique, posture, the artistry- clear and away the best male pairs skater since Radford retired. Akin to Grinkov- the girl is the star of the pair but the guy's quality makes it work.

Yup, I love him also. The best pairs guy out there.

neusw

On the Ice

There are very very few men in the world who would be able to keep up with someone as fiery and emotive as Sui, but Han is really her perfect match. He presents her beautifully, emotes alongside of her, all the while managing to let her star shine through. They're amazing artists together.

s_parks

Record Breaker
Lower scores than expected, but as a first outing after a year off S/H should be encouraged by the result I think. They're far from guaranteed anything at worlds but definitely in the hunt with another month to get ready.

readernick

Medalist

I was thinking this, too. Sui is amazing but there are other amazing pairs girls. In fact, all pairs girls are kind of amazing. But, Cong is a beautiful skater. I was watching him during the lp. His quality is 👏👏👏👏👏

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Oh, Wenjing, sweetheart, I hope you'll never ever experience injury again!

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
I love Sui and Han but that program is not thrilling me at all. No spark like their usual program.

LaArdilla

Medalist
Awwww that was lovely!

And on that note, good night everyone and good luck to the Men later. Hope the lady announcer won’t make a comeback!

oly2018

Final Flight

Seriously, he is so impressive. He is really good at performing and presenting Sui, but individually, he is a great skater. He is flying down the ice in the lifts and looks like he is taking a stroll.

GGFan

Record Breaker
SO happy to have my babies back on the top of the podium. Cong in those pants :luv17:

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
wahh 0.06!!
even closer than Euros 3rd and 4th :roll9:

but I hope MT/M are proud of their silver!
They clearly came in here expecting to fight for bronze, so I expect that silver will be very satisfying, though obviously when you come that close to gold it can't help but be a "what if?" thing.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
This program is going to be an absolute masterpiece when it's performed to their usual standards. Honestly I want them to keep it for next year too. Just seeing it twice in competition would be a travesty.

There is a distinct feel in their move, approach of being soaked by emotion, the feel of music, having that hunger & raw passion for performance - this program, like James/Cipres one, represents for me totally different take on hermetic pairs' discipline perceived as only :classical' and with some harmonious sense of decorum to it. Wenjing and Cong take on contemporary aesthetic, but in quite vivid way - it is already obvious for me, even after this first & rusty outing of that FS, that they want to build emotional structure aside of executional one, they want to give a deeper, more personal & artistic meaning to movement, its flow and continuity. I find it commendable to strive such challenge to reach not only for people's admiration by the visual, but for their hearts, captivating their minds with rawness they want to leave on ice. Even errored performance gave me the sense of attachment and a wish it would continue longer. They truly go for STATEMENT, definitely more than just program.