2019 Four Continents Pairs Free Skate | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2019 Four Continents Pairs Free Skate

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
M-T/M. Their twist got scary again, but solid on SBS jumps. I still don't care for this program much, but they did a pretty great job here (minus wobbly lift).

rain

Record Breaker
On another note, can they please stop giving points/levels for lifts where the lady grabs her blade? So many ugly lift positions have been spawned by this. And if I have to see one more lift with the lady in the splits with her torso plastered to her front leg, holding on to her skate....Ugh. I don't think anyone has ever made this position look good. Give me elegance and beauty, please.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Technical question, why did S/H lost levels on combo spin? Not enough revolutions?

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just a wee reminder that British Eurosport 2 will be showing an hour of highlights of the Pairs Free in 5 minutes from now.

Here is the link for the archived British Eurosport 2 highlights of the Pairs FS on the Player (starts at 4m 22s. Ladies Free highlights at start. Volta a la Communitat Valenciana cycling at 1h 01m 44s):
https://gb.eurosportplayer.com/even...ionships/e058d7f2-1991-40d0-a4de-4cc060b0aafd

Starting with #2 Haven Denney / Brandon Frazier.

Simon Reed and Louise Walden (ISU Bio) on commentary.

Hope this helps.

CaroLiza_fan

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Rusty was so annoying. He was cutting the interview short for no reason. They won the event, let them say whatever they want, however they want. Wenjing reaching for that mic was everything.

I try to be positive but his interviews are juvinille, he is not a skating person, and he doesnt seem to recognize that this isnt a SHOW . And that we are not a bunch of kids and that we have brains. Hire Ryan Bradly to do his job. Rusty might be fun water skiing behind the zamboni after juvinille pairs comp at nats....other than that, play MK skates during slow times on the jumbo....

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
M-T/M. Their twist got scary again, but solid on SBS jumps. I still don't care for this program much, but they did a pretty great job here (minus wobbly lift).

One the scoring sheets, is Judge 4 for one skater the same as J4 for another? And do they correspond to the Fourth Judge introduced? Interesting to see how each element is scored by each judge if that is true.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
On another note, can they please stop giving points/levels for lifts where the lady grabs her blade? So many ugly lift positions have been spawned by this. And if I have to see one more lift with the lady in the splits with her torso plastered to her front leg, holding on to her skate....Ugh. I don't think anyone has ever made this position look good. Give me elegance and beauty, please.

Thank you! I was actually hoping they would deduct points if the lady grabs her blade. So monotonous, tiresome, and ugly.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Why do I keep reading Cappellini/Lanotte for C/L? I must be insane.

Not insane. I have been doing the same. :slink:

I think we have the same problem - we have been following this sport for too long. Like, only a few weeks ago at Europeans, I read Z/G as Zhiganshina / Gazsi rather than Zahorski / Guerreiro.

I'm not the sort of person to use initials. But if I was, I would be inclined to use C/LD for Ash and Tim. After all, it is not as if we don't use 2 letters for other skaters with 2 part surnames. We have always done it with Kirsten Moore-Towers in all the different variations of abbreviations that are have been used for her partnerships on here.

Using that one extra letter would save a lot of confusion for us... :p

Anyway, now that I have reached with the end of the Group 2 Warm-Up, I am going to break away from watching skating for the night. I'll finish the Pairs FS in the morning, before getting stuck into the Men's FS.

CaroLiza_fan

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
One the scoring sheets, is Judge 4 for one skater the same as J4 for another? And do they correspond to the Fourth Judge introduced? Interesting to see how each element is scored by each judge if that is true.

I think Judge #4 is Judge #4 for the entire field of Pairs SP. Here is a link: http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1819/fc2019/ If you click on Pairs SP, Panel of Judges it lists all the judges and I think that is the order in which they are introduced. I think Judge #4 would be Judge #4 for each protocol sheet for the Pairs SP. A different panel of judges shows up for Pairs FS. The Pairs FS panel might have several of the same judges as the SP, but they are in a different order.

I tried verifying the Pairs SP but NBC Gold did not show the introduction of the judges for the Pairs SP. However, the Mens SP judges were introduced in the same order as listed on the isuresults.com page for the Panel of Judges. What is never shown is the country or federation of the judge only the ISU logo is displayed.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
It was nice to see S/H back but imho they should have been second here. This is odd because I love them they have such chemistry, refinement and some great pair moves.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
It was nice to see S/H back but imho they should have been second here. This is odd because I love them they have such chemistry, refinement and some great pair moves.

My wife and I and dogs just finished the short...will watch the long tomarrow...close comp. Will have to take a look at scoring sheets. I really like the second Chineese team. If she didnt fall in the short...it would have been close...It was fun seeing Hongbo (sp) and Sui in the pits together...love them...

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I think Judge #4 is Judge #4 for the entire field of Pairs SP. Here is a link: http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1819/fc2019/ If you click on Pairs SP, Panel of Judges it lists all the judges and I think that is the order in which they are introduced. I think Judge #4 would be Judge #4 for each protocol sheet for the Pairs SP. A different panel of judges shows up for Pairs FS. The Pairs FS panel might have several of the same judges as the SP, but they are in a different order.

I tried verifying the Pairs SP but NBC Gold did not show the introduction of the judges for the Pairs SP. However, the Mens SP judges were introduced in the same order as listed on the isuresults.com page for the Panel of Judges. What is never shown is the country or federation of the judge only the ISU logo is displayed.

M, you wouldnt believe what I heard from "Knowledgeable" fans at the event. They told me that of the nine, two were dropped for high and low and of the rest, five were chosen at random!!!! for the real score! And many other stories. I trust your judgement.

Nika09

On the Ice
My wife and I and dogs just finished the short...will watch the long tomarrow...close comp. Will have to take a look at scoring sheets. I really like the second Chineese team. If she didnt fall in the short...it would have been close...It was fun seeing Hongbo (sp) and Sui in the pits together...love them...

I bet you, your wife and dogs will love Sui/Han FP! Also friendly suggesting to watch their EX as well.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I bet you, your wife and dogs will love Sui/Han FP! Also friendly suggesting to watch their EX as well.

Yes, I enjoyed them from the front row of the Honda center and they are the last folks I stayed for at the Gala as I had to get back to my room and pack to ride in a filthy cramped aluminum tube back to Spokane. They have been on my radar since 2010 Portland where they were 3rd, beaten by Kristen Moore_Towers and DM. I have always liked the Chineese pairs....I am hoping that NBC sports G shows Sui ripping the mic away from Rusty so I can get a pic of it!
Four continents oh so long ago in Colorado...Chinese Air Show....

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
Yes, I enjoyed them from the front row of the Honda center and they are the last folks I stayed for at the Gala as I had to get back to my room and pack to ride in a filthy cramped aluminum tube back to Spokane. They have been on my radar since 2010 Portland where they were 3rd, beaten by Kristen Moore_Towers and DM. I have always liked the Chineese pairs....I am hoping that NBC sports G shows Sui ripping the mic away from Rusty so I can get a pic of it!
Four continents oh so long ago in Colorado...Chinese Air Show....

I was in the arena during this part of the interview - it was hilarious! Glad she could get a word in, I was surprised he was ending the interview so quickly.

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
M, you wouldnt believe what I heard from "Knowledgeable" fans at the event. They told me that of the nine, two were dropped for high and low and of the rest, five were chosen at random!!!! for the real score! And many other stories. I trust your judgement.

IIRC (and that is sometimes doubtful) when the IJS came in you could not tell if Judge 4 was always judge 4. This confusion was to ensure anonymous judging - the fans would not know which federations and judges were playing games. Then maybe a couple of years ago they decided that they would not play that game and just removed the federation name from the judge's name so no one would be able to tell which federations are playing games. Of course, some fans actually remember which judges come from which federation so I'm not sure how anonymous any of this is now :laugh:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
IIRC (and that is sometimes doubtful) when the IJS came in you could not tell if Judge 4 was always judge 4. This confusion was to ensure anonymous judging - the fans would not know which federations and judges were playing games. Then maybe a couple of years ago they decided that they would not play that game and just removed the federation name from the judge's name so no one would be able to tell which federations are playing games. Of course, some fans actually remember which judges come from which federation so I'm not sure how anonymous any of this is now [emoji23]
Hummmm. We will continue this after I do my taxes...The truth is out there. ;)

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I was in the arena during this part of the interview - it was hilarious! Glad she could get a word in, I was surprised he was ending the interview so quickly.

Nothing surprises me about Rusty. Its all about him. He stayed at my Hotel, BTW. I should have asked the front desk person what his real name is... :devil:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
IIRC (and that is sometimes doubtful) when the IJS came in you could not tell if Judge 4 was always judge 4. This confusion was to ensure anonymous judging - the fans would not know which federations and judges were playing games. Then maybe a couple of years ago they decided that they would not play that game and just removed the federation name from the judge's name so no one would be able to tell which federations are playing games. Of course, some fans actually remember which judges come from which federation so I'm not sure how anonymous any of this is now :laugh:

(break from taxes)
First, I will read the USFS guide to the current IJS in the 2018-19media guide, but I doubt it will be helpful.
Then, I will ask my Go to Guru, M, these questions.
So nine judges are chosen for an event,say Ladies Free, read out loud at the start of the event, along with the tech team.
Lets say Judge Number 9 is Ms. Polaski, for the sake of argument.:devil:
So on the "Judges Detail Per Skater, " Ms. Polaski is Number 9 on every skater for ladies free.
There is no dropping out the high and low judges for each skater?
There is no random dropping out of judges by the computer at any time?
Now we are gonna say J9 is honest as the day is long. But say Judge 9 is married to the head of a Federation?
Would it not be possible to enter data into a program and see how J9 (and all the other judges doing ladies) score skaters from all countries over a season compared to other judges?
Not saying anything is going on, like Salt Lake or the Icarus debacle, or not calling pass interference and messing with the Saints....just curious....
"Waiting for a Chinook" with apologies to Fredrick Remington