2019 Worlds Dance Party—Sunday, 4/19, 6 AM EDT | Golden Skate

2019 Worlds Dance Party—Sunday, 4/19, 6 AM EDT

Seven Sisters

Medalist
Anyone up for a dance party with our favorite skaters?

The link to the free ISU stream is here:

https://www.youtube.com/user/SkatingISU

We’ll be doing the Tango Romantica, so you know the competition will be epic. If you’d like to join in, figure out when the stream starts where you are, log in, put on your dancing shoes, and post your comments here.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
There are many ways to die of alcohol poisoning, but one of them is taking a shot whenever a piece by Astor Piazolla starts in this comp

auser

Record Breaker
There are many ways to die of alcohol poisoning, but one of them is taking a shot whenever a piece by Astor Piazolla starts in this comp
Hmm ... *checks glass with possible adult beverage*. Is it unspeakably rude/ungrateful to be cheered not to be listening to Grease soundtrack dances now?:dev2:

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Hmm ... *checks glass with possible adult beverage*. Is it unspeakably rude/ungrateful to be cheered not to be listening to Grease soundtrack dances now?:dev2:

Nah, everyone has their own pet peeves. Mine happens to be La La Land, as you'll know

---

Oh yeah, I forgot too many teams used Cell Block Tango... :bang:

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
M. Saulius is always pleasing to the eye, but he definitely looked much better in a black shirt than those overalls

auser

Record Breaker
Nah, everyone has their own pet peeves. Mine happens to be La La Land, as you'll know

---

Oh yeah, I forgot too many teams used Cell Block Tango... :bang:
Not a La La Land fan either. I missed seeing this comp when it was originally broadcast due to broken internet access. Was only able to watch a few FD programs via tv. If you recall any favorite performances you recommend looking out for, please post them. I trust your taste.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Not a La La Land fan either. I missed seeing this comp when it was originally broadcast due to broken internet access. Was only able to watch a few FD programs via tv. If you recall any favorite performances you recommend looking out for, please post them. I trust your taste.

Are you sure you trust my taste :laugh: After the Disco Brits Volare-ing T/V were quite enjoyable, although not the cleanest of performances. And soon W/L are going to tango to PoC (and so much more)

auser

Record Breaker
Really enjoying Tango Romantica dances. Super slo-motion replays of hand against body placements may remind why these dances may have been considered unholy in the past :laugh:

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Oof, I had forgotten that botched twizzle had happened...

When I was a junior in high school I was forced to learn ballroom dancing for PE, and I unfortunately a) cannot dance and b) just do not have a sense of direction. And I had to learn how to tango. I had to desperately study for the written exam to not fail the thing :eek:topic:

auser

Record Breaker
Oof, I had forgotten that botched twizzle had happened...

When I was a junior in high school I was forced to learn ballroom dancing for PE, and I unfortunately a) cannot dance and b) just do not have a sense of direction. And I had to learn how to tango. I had to desperately study for the written exam to not fail the thing :eek:topic:
This is like one of the coolest things I have read. Ballroom dance for PE so cool. Sense of direction, did you have to lead? (My sense of direction is terrible too. But I did not think of it in terms of dance). Wow what is a written exam for tango like? Total respect ;)

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I did really miss T/V during this season, and when they finally were able to compete, equipped with good programs, a pandemic happened... :dbana:

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
This is like one of the coolest things I have read. Ballroom dance for PE so cool. Sense of direction, did you have to lead? (My sense of direction is terrible too. But I did not think of it in terms of dance). Wow what is a written exam for tango like? Total respect ;)

Long story short, there weren't enough boys in the class so the tall girls had to dance the man's steps, i.e. take the lead. And me at 169cm was one of the taller ones, so yes I was supposed to lead. My poor partner had to lead me instead and I profusely apologised to her for it, I'm like "Wait do I turn left or right here" and she's desperately dragging my feet along the right direction :drama:

The written exam wasn't that difficult, I just had to memorise all the types of traditional ballroom dancing and tell from the given picture of the steps which dance it was for. I still got a C.

auser

Record Breaker
Yeah, me too :2thumbs: I find them much better than this year Broadway/Musicals with quickstep/finnstep dances.
Great to see you Baron! I was not a fan of this past season regulated Broadway/Cabaret music theme. Not that I have anything against Broadway/Cabaret music. Just don't think music restrictions added to the ID experience.

auser

Record Breaker
Long story short, there weren't enough boys in the class so the tall girls had to dance the man's steps, i.e. take the lead. And me at 169cm was one of the taller ones, so yes I was supposed to lead. My poor partner had to lead me instead and I profusely apologised to her for it, I'm like "Wait do I turn left or right here" and she's desperately dragging my feet along the right direction :drama:

The written exam wasn't that difficult, I just had to memorise all the types of traditional ballroom dancing and tell from the given picture of the steps which dance it was for. I still got a C.
Great story. You deserve an A ;)