2018 Worlds Short Dance Watch Party—6 AM EDT, Wednesday April 1 | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2018 Worlds Short Dance Watch Party—6 AM EDT, Wednesday April 1

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Best rhumba pattern by far for H/D. But for the judges to score that ridiculous "step on his boot and it's a LIFT" on the same level if not a bit higher than C/B's curve lift just makes me want to throw things at my monitor. Soft things, because I like my monitor more than the judges.

This was the start of the insufferable K&C moments for H/D.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Did I mention I miss Anna Littlehats and Luca Thenight? Because I totally do miss C/L

dancelion21

On the Ice
I'm curious as to why H/D has regressed so much since the 17/18 season. They haven't changed coaches or anything, and they had such good programs before last season. I don't get it.
But yes, lift levels and GOE are always infuriating. H/D can't do the same lifts as C/B, but they get the same GOE as C/B.

Seven Sisters

Medalist
I'm curious as to why H/D has regressed so much since the 17/18 season. They haven't changed coaches or anything, and they had such good programs before last season. I don't get it.
But yes, lift levels and GOE are always infuriating. H/D can't do the same lifts as C/B, but they get the same GOE as C/B.

A poor choice of programs the next season, and I would humbly suggest that USFS never really did get behind HD as USA #1.

heartyxo

On the Ice
A poor choice of programs the next season, and I would humbly suggest that USFS never really did get behind HD as USA #1.

I think USFS did get behind them for a short amount of time. I think they wanted them to be the ones to medal at the Olympics but they messed up so the Shibs did as the "back up" in a way. They'd completely given up on C/B at that point. As much as they tried to push the 3 fighting for bronze, they weren't doing much to help C/B.

But I do think C/B would have overtaken them a year earlier than they did if they'd been able to do the GP in the post-Olympic year.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Okay, I know I said that there would be no more Olympic flashbacks, but I can't help remembering maman telling me that Kaitlyn Weaver looked like she was wearing onion wrappings

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Anna and Luca: sorry but you were somewhat overscored here. Kind of like an Honorary Oscar.

W/P: those costumes alone might have cost you the Silver. But goodness you were fine Latin dancers.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
it felt like a 5 hours long song...see you tomorrow for free dance! :luv17:

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Hopefully I'll join in for the FD tomorrow, meanwhile I'm going to go do my Duolingo in honor of C/L

Seven Sisters

Medalist
W/P: those costumes alone might have cost you the Silver. But goodness you were fine Latin dancers.

I liked their original costumes, the dark blue/purple ones, much better (though I think I am in the minority on that.) But I agree, WP always had the chemistry that makes Latin sparkle.

Seven Sisters

Medalist
Hopefully I'll join in for the FD tomorrow, meanwhile I'm going to go do my Duolingo in honor of C/L

And Guignard/Fabbri, I hope!

Let’s plan to do this again tomorrow, for the Free. For that one, ruffles, fringes, and male cleavage are optional :)

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
No costume malfunction here. I'd bet that top was SOLDERED on. And while I'm not usually a big fan of their SD/RDs, that is one of their better ones.

Well that was a fun trip down memory lane. Two observations:

1. The changes in the scoring system after this Worlds have done ID no favors;
2. ID teams need TIME and EXPERIENCE to really gel. It was amazing to look back and see what a season or two of additional experience can do when you look at the likes of Wang/Liu and Fear/Gibson.