2018 Worlds Short Dance Watch Party—6 AM EDT, Wednesday April 1 | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2018 Worlds Short Dance Watch Party—6 AM EDT, Wednesday April 1

heartyxo

On the Ice
I don't think H/B are bad at Gadbois, but I don't know if its the best place for them. I don't know who would be better though. Not that I see them leaving, they seem too happy there to change.

litenkyckling

Final Flight
A big no from me on that. You think they’re ignored at Gadbois? I think the Lanes are 100% focused on Piper and Paul; I can’t see them getting any real attention there.

No, I agree - but its not that I think they're particularly ignored in Montreal, I just don't think that they get the best choreo for them and I think Carol and Juris are good at finding and selling quirks and making a team stand out

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I don't think H/B are bad at Gadbois, but I don't know if its the best place for them. I don't know who would be better though. Not that I see them leaving, they seem too happy there to change.

What they need are better programs, not these silly High Concept things that don't really work. If you need to issue a press release to explain a program, you're in serious trouble before you even hit the ice.

heartyxo

On the Ice
What they need are better programs, not these silly High Concept things that don't really work. If you need to issue a press release to explain a program, you're in serious trouble before you even hit the ice.

Yeah, the FD wasn't a great choice. There were good parts, but as a whole it was off. I do think the RD was a good choice though. They just didn't do it clean very much. it brought the house down at Nats when it was clean.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Ah M/R, this was the year I thought you could really solidify your place in the top ten. Good SD, but their FD this year was just magic. And of course they broke up.

RIP Mr Reed. You are missed.

Seven Sisters

Medalist
G/F really were underscored here. I know we talk about Home Cooking, but there's also such a thing as a Home Audience Boost. And they really did draw on it.

Yes, a glorious skate for Charlene & Marco. I was distracted by his overshirt flapping around, though, and it also makes him look shorter, which is simply not necessary.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Oh P/C, Latin Ed Sheeran was a choice, and now I just think of the costume malfunction...

Seven Sisters

Medalist
I find it so amusing that out of this entire final group, Andrew is the only gentleman who is completely covered up.

heartyxo

On the Ice
Chock/Bates curve lift is so cool! Just a shame that it had to be what caused the ankle injury AND what aggravated the injury in the Olympic SD warmup :(

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Take a look at the curve lift and tell me C/B don't do the best lifts in the biz.

Though that is not one of Maddy's finer costuming moments. Just saying...

litenkyckling

Final Flight
C/B is a team that has improved greatly from the move to Montreal.

I feel like the teams that really benefit are ones who are perhaps more experienced and know what they want out of it, I doubt they need much direction/teaching per se, maybe more advice and supervision? idk