2022-23 Retirements, Splits and New Partnerships | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2022-23 Retirements, Splits and New Partnerships

Status
Not open for further replies.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
I was now also able to find that information on the page of the fan club for German pairs skating, which also cites Hase/Volodin having skated their SP outside of competition at Nationals.

Unfortunately, we weren't able to see them on the stream and even more unfortunate that they were unable to get the same special allowance to compete at Nationals as Efimova/Blommaert last season.
For good order: my sad :cry: refers to the second bit of this post.

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
Carolina Portesi Peroni has announced her split from Michael Chrastecky.
She will search for a new ice dance partner!

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Carolina Portesi Peroni has announced her split from Michael Chrastecky.
She will search for a new ice dance partner!
what a shame, before her injuries they looked so promising

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Denisa Cimlova/Joti Polizoakis (Czech I've dance) have also split.

Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/CoCJP9yIrcs/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

It sounds amicable; he wants to support his family rather than skate, while she will look for a new partner.
How sad. He had just made a start again, after his former partner retired and he did some commercial things with skating. It is an expensive sport, and when those commercial things fall away there isn't much to live on! I wish them both all the best.

Andrea82

Medalist
Ice Dance
Wolfkostin/Chen (USA) split

Weathergal

Medalist
Ice Dance
Wolfkostin/Chen (USA) split
This is somewhat surprising. The US ice dance field is very competitive though, and they did struggle quite a bit this year but seemed to do better at Nats. A shame because they had potential.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Shocked about Katarina and Jeffrey. They certainly had some unfortunate mishaps, but they seemed well suited.

Reading between the lines of Katarina's IG post, "it was sudden, I'm still trying to figure everything out" it sounds as though it was Jeffrey's decision.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I am not surprised by this split actually. It's tough for teams to keep trusting each other when a series of mistakes happen in competition. Sometimes, worse, these are just fluke mistakes.. I admit I haven't read their statements, will do so now... but that was my first impression.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Shocked about Katarina and Jeffrey. They certainly had some unfortunate mishaps, but they seemed well suited.

Reading between the lines of Katarina's IG post, "it was sudden, I'm still trying to figure everything out" it sounds as though it was Jeffrey's decision.
Yeah it does sound like she didn't expect it and that it is coming from him. His post is "business", hers is more emotional. However, I wish them both the best. They are young, super talented individuals and I am sad to see them part ways, but I trust they can make a happy life otherwise.

ucrgirl

On the Ice
Yeah it does sound like she didn't expect it and that it is coming from him. His post is "business", hers is more emotional. However, I wish them both the best. They are young, super talented individuals and I am sad to see them part ways, but I trust they can make a happy life otherwise.
This has to be rough for her and I am sorry for that.

However, one thing I heard about US ice dance is that some people are with the wrong partners. Hopefully this shakeup is for the best.

theblade

On the Ice
Jeffrey's parents are serious about who he vies for the 2026 Olympics with.

(Edited to add: this is not a horse's mouth comment. Merely an opinion built over time, from general observation.)

Last edited:

theblade

On the Ice
There is time before the Olympics to build. She was his fourth partner. And the post, on his part, isn't a retirement one. Also, been in the general orbit enough over time. YMMV, of course. Although this partnership lasted the longest.

Moxiejan

Medalist
Country
United-States

Immediately after her fall at Nationals (and watching his body language as they left the ice), i told those viewing with me that i fully expected that he’d have a different partner next year.

May I suggest … Avonley Nguyen.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Immediately after her fall at Nationals (and watching his body language as they left the ice), i told those viewing with me that i fully expected that he’d have a different partner next year.

May I suggest … Avonley Nguyen.

I don't think you are the only fan suggesting that one ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.