2022 Grand Prix de France Free Dance | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2022 Grand Prix de France Free Dance

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
This is my pet peeve: if a choreo sequence, and any other ones( like slide move, etc) is worth 1.1 base points, why give GOE of 3.56? I know this is the rule, but I wouldn’t give more GOE points than the base value of the element. You can score more points from a slide move + a choreo seq, than a twizzle!
How else are the judges going to make sure the "right" teams place higher? ;)

Andrea82

Medalist
Protocols

Judges order is

1: Jezabel DABOUIS from France
2. Marta OLOZAGARRE from Spain
3. Yulia LEVSHUNOVA from Georgia
4. Marketa HORKLOVA from Czech Republic
5. Valeria ROSA from Italy
6. Virpi KUNNAS-HELMINEN from Finland
7. Ron CONACHER from Canada
8. Yuriy GUSKOV from Kazakhstan
9. John MILLIER from USA

Edit: here it is easier "to read":

Kunnas-Helminen gave it to FB/D. The others to G/F. Tight for Conacher. Rest with larger gaps.

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Protocols

Judges order is

1: Jezabel DABOUIS from France
2. Marta OLOZAGARRE from Spain
3. Yulia LEVSHUNOVA from Georgia
4. Marketa HORKLOVA from Czech Republic
5. Valeria ROSA from Italy
6. Virpi KUNNAS-HELMINEN from Finland
7. Ron CONACHER from Canada
8. Yuriy GUSKOV from Kazakhstan
9. John MILLIER from USA

Edit: here it is easier "to read":

Kunnas-Helminen gave it to FB/D. The others to G/F. Tight for Conacher. Rest with larger gaps.
Spanish judge really didn't like the Flamenco...

French and USA judges preferred the French in terms of GOE... interesting.

USA judge put Pate and Bye in 4th place.. yeah! 4th place !

Also, I think a lot of levels were changed for Nik and Lolo... some going up, others going down.

Last edited:

Seven Sisters

Medalist
Spanish judge really didn't like the Flamenco...

Also, I think a lot of levels were changed for Nik and Lolo... some going up, others going down.
I definitely saw some little issues on Nic‘s part during the skate that didn’t seem to be reflected in the GOE as it came up live, so, yeah, I am not surprised by that.

Also, I discovered an immediate rewind capability on Peacock :) and saw some of what I missed just now. Wolfkostin & Chen continuing to struggle, poor Charlie looks to be struggling just as hard to bite his tongue and stay positive in the KnC as Scott Moir did last year with Carreira/Ponomarenko. That program, which I’m guessing is Charlie’s work, feels too juniorish, though I love Florence and find the timbre of her voice so well suited for the acoustics of an ice rink. They nearly botched a lift in this one too and Jeffrey even missed on his little waltz jump (Charlie’s trademark, and I’m sure he was not amused by that.)

Not that I know what the solution is.

Pate & Bye’s FD looks slow, even on video (it’s more apparent live.) Kazakova & Reviya continuing to underperform, though they were spectacular in juniors and while there were my pick for the next big thing.

Continue to love Loicia & Theo’s FD. I’d like to see him project a bit more, to better match his little spitfire of a partner, but this team is really showing me something this season. I realize that I had underestimated their potential—and I am delighted to be wrong!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I definitely saw some little issues on Nic‘s part during the skate that didn’t seem to be reflected in the GOE as it came up live, so, yeah, I am not surprised by that.

Also, I discovered an immediate rewind capability on Peacock :) and saw some of what I missed just now. Wolfkostin & Chen continuing to struggle, poor Charlie looks to be struggling just as hard to bite his tongue and stay positive in the KnC as Scott Moir did last year with Carreira/Ponomarenko. That program, which I’m guessing is Charlie’s work, feels too juniorish, though I love Florence and find the timbre of her voice so well suited for the acoustics of an ice rink. They nearly botched a lift in this one too and Jeffrey even missed on his little waltz jump (Charlie’s trademark, and I’m sure he was not amused by that.)

Not that I know what the solution is.

Pate & Bye’s FD looks slow, even on video (it’s more apparent live.) Kazakova & Reviya continuing to underperform, though they were spectacular in juniors and while there were my pick for the next big thing.

Continue to love Loicia & Theo’s FD. I’d like to see him project a bit more, to better match his little spitfire of a partner, but this team is really showing me something this season. I realize that I had underestimated their potential—and I am delighted to be wrong!
actually, they raised his twizzle level... (Nik's) and their curve lift as well.

for the rest, yes... i agree with what you wrote there for the most part.

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Missed the whole event due to a family function and have only watched G/F so far, but am pleased to see they had a good performance and won their first ever GP title! Loved the changes they've made to the end since Lombardia, I think the new choreo spin move is much more effective and the cut back to the first music makes the ending more impactful. Really, really hope they can get their levels up for next weekend, and crossing my fingers they'll bring home another GP win from Sheffield.

snd

On the Ice
i actually quite like the italians' fd. her dress is gorgeous and everything they do is super effortless. the lifts look similar, adding cohesiveness to the whole thing.

i think charlene should tone down the grimaces and interacting with the audience, though. the less extroverted this 'dark' program, the more convincing it is. they should just concentrate on each other.

yesterday

Record Breaker
enjoy

ah nice! :biggrin: thank you
It would not let me upload the gifs from pictures but I made some with a youtube video, enjoy
(also @elektra blue )

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Didn't do a running commentary for this, but i just wanna say...

Charlene and Marco were 🔥 ZOMG, those lifts! The spins! The bit at the end!

Fans self. Epiiiicness.

Ha ha French cameraman caught Marco's wink in slo-mo, let's give him a hand for finally picking the correct shot!

Also Babara F-P and her stopwatch! OTP!

A well deserved gold! 🥇

And go Zhenya and Geoffrey as well as Laurence and Nikolaj! Wonderful FDs by all!

ah nice! :biggrin: thank you
It would not let me upload the gifs from pictures but I made some with a youtube video, enjoy
(also @elektra blue )

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
Ha ha ha OMG, this was such an unbelievable moment...I always wondered if Maurizio survived...I was ever so relieved when he showed up at an event as a coach this season - or was it the last? Either way, he lives!

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Ha ha ha OMG, this was such an unbelievable moment...I always wondered if Maurizio survived...I was ever so relieved when he showed up at an event as a coach this season - or was it the last? Either way, he lives!
He and Barbara were both coaching at this event, Barbara with G/F and Maurizio with T/V. I think someone further up the thread was speculating on what sort of glare he'd get from Barbara if he coached a team who were direct competition for G/F!