56 Zhongguancun South Street
Beijing / CHN
3 Feb. 2022-20 Feb. 2022

2022OG.png

Where to Watch In Your Country

TEAM EVENT SCHEDULE

Team Rosters
Links under names are to ISU Bios
Skaters from these national teams will be chosen by their federations to compete in the team event.

PDF of Team Members

CAN.png

Canada

CHN.png

China

Competitors
Event
Boyang JinMen
Yi ZhuWomen
Cheng Peng/Yang JinPairs
Wenjing Sui/Cong HanPairs
Shiyue Wang/Xinyu LiuIce Dance

CZE.png

Czech Republic

GEO.png

Georgia

GER.png

Germany

ITA.png

Italy

JPN.png

Japan

ROC.png

Russian Olympic Committee

UKR.png

Ukraine

USA.png

United States

* Team Event Only​

Last edited by a moderator:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Thanks, Chris. Good to know.
This may be a case of, "Charlie Brown, I will hold the football and you kick it" but it looks like Peacock is attempting to make finding our events a bit easier....lets hope so. But just in case, I will use the bookmark feature at this point.

16Olympics

On the Ice
This may be a case of, "Charlie Brown, I will hold the football and you kick it" but it looks like Peacock is attempting to make finding our events a bit easier....lets hope so. But just in case, I will use the bookmark feature at this point.
I did too or at least I think I did.

pearly

Record Breaker
Karen Chen and Vincent Zhou are on their way to Beijing. Make of it what you will (and check out their IG - Karen's stories are very cool. Excited for her!).

Edit: It seems Madison and Zach are on their way as well. I really hope to see Madi and Evan on their way soon as well. :/

Last edited:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
things are getting exciting and tilting to a USA gold. But you never know Japan and Russia wont give up easily andwho knows about China. They are the home country so they could podium too. Who would ever thought Cnda would be barely in the picture.

pearly

Record Breaker
I don't see the USA as an obvious candidate for gold here. A likely silver, but they would need things to go wrong for other skaters in certain events in order to get the gold. Anything can happen, but I think too many unlikely things would need to happen at once so I'd still predict Russia gets gold.

SkatersWaltz

On the Ice
Just saw this on sports.ru. I was going to post it in the RD thread but it's not open for replies yet so posting it here. Looks like the JPN judge has COVID so the RUS judge is substituting. I don't speak russian so I put the Google translate below: https://www.sports.ru/figure-skatin...-na-sorevnovaniyax-v-tanczax-na-ldu-na-k.html

TRANSLATION
The Russian judge will work at ice dancing competitions at the team tournament of the 2022 Olympics in Beijing.

Initially, Russian judges were not nominated for a team tournament, but got a place in the dancer competition after the Japanese judge withdrew due to coronavirus.

Andrea82

Medalist
Just saw this on sports.ru. I was going to post it in the RD thread but it's not open for replies yet so posting it here. Looks like the JPN judge has COVID so the RUS judge is substituting. I don't speak russian so I put the Google translate below: https://www.sports.ru/figure-skatin...-na-sorevnovaniyax-v-tanczax-na-ldu-na-k.html

TRANSLATION
The Russian judge will work at ice dancing competitions at the team tournament of the 2022 Olympics in Beijing.

Initially, Russian judges were not nominated for a team tournament, but got a place in the dancer competition after the Japanese judge withdrew due to coronavirus.

There have been 2 changes compared to original judges' draw for Team Event.

One is the one referred above. Japan informed ISU about the situation during 4 Continents. During 4CCs, they held a draw between countries with ID judge in the individual event but not drawn for Team Event (Russia, Ukraine, Great Britain and China). Russia won the draw.

The other change is that Czech Republic Federation gave up their judging spot in the Pairs panel. Their Pair judge was drawn to judge also Pair in Team Event and Ladies in the Team Event.
During Europeans, they held a draw to fill those spots. USA will be in the Pair Team Event panel and Canada in the Women Team Event Panel.

Full draw is here:

HeadBanger

On the Ice
Country
Canada
Is it still not decided who Russia is putting forward for each portion of the competition?
We're not going to know until the official submissions are made the day before the competition starts.

They may have made decisions internally, but between the pandemic in general, and their rather, lets call it unique, approach to said pandemic, I doubt anything is being written in ink at this point. At least not until they everyone gets thru arrival testing.

Andrea82

Medalist
Deadlines for nominations

February 1, 2022 - 10:00 Final confirmation of Skaters/Couples participating (Team Leaders Meeting Team Event) in the Team Event. The confirmation includes all Skaters/Couples available for participation in the Team Event.

With respect to the “exchange possibility” within a Team the following dates and deadlines apply to confirm the names of Skaters/Couples (possibility of exchanges) who will skate for the Team in the segment in question.

February 3, 2022 - 10:00 Nomination by name of the Skaters participating in the Men Single Skating SP, Ice Dance RD and Pair Skating SP Team Event.

February 5, 2022 - 10:00 Nomination by name of the Skaters participating in the Women Single Skating SP Team Event.

For the 5 Teams qualified for the Free Skating/Free Dance Team Event, the NOCs/ISU Members must declare the Men competing for Men FS Team Event immediately (latest about 10 minutes) after the conclusion of the Women SP Team Event.

February 6, 2022 - 11:00 Nomination by name of the Skaters participating in the Men Single Skating FS Team Event

February 6, 2022 – 13:45 Nomination by name of the Skaters participating in the Pair Skating FS, Ice Dance FD and Women Single Skating FS Team Event

Skaters/Couples, who suffer an injury or sickness after the deadlines mentioned above (replacement deadline and the deadline for entering the name for a segment), cannot be replaced or exchanged and their place, needs to remain empty.

pearly

Record Breaker
I have a feeling:

Russia
Valieva & Scherbakova
SinKats
Mishina/Galiamov & Tarasova/Morozov
Mark.

I wish it was Stepanova and Bukin sharing the dance, though.

USA

Karen
Chock/Bates & Hubbel/Donohue
Alexa/Brendan
Nathan & Vincent.

Japan

I hope it's gonna be Kaori & Wakaba, Yuzu & Yuma.

ucrgirl

On the Ice
I'm American and I am routing for team USA to do well, but I also like team Japan and I'm rooting for Hanyu to skate lights out and lead the team to silver. (Maybe this can be his Olympic moment and then Nathan can have his moment in the individual event?)

I think the US team should be:
Nathan (sp) Vincent (Free)
Cain and LeDuc (It's close but they did well at Nationals)
Chock and Bates (RD) and Madison and Zach (FD)
Mariah Bell (she's national champ and her scores are trending up this season)

Ivana

On the Ice
I have a feeling:

Russia
Valieva & Scherbakova
SinKats
Mishina/Galiamov & Tarasova/Morozov
Mark.

I wish it was Stepanova and Bukin sharing the dance, though.
I have a feeling Russia won't split pairs after all and M&G will do both segments, they do want the gold medal and need those points from pairs. I can see Russia spliting women and leave the second possibility to split for men, in case Mark messes up SP. I wish S&B, got to do the team event too, but it's highly unlikely, unless they want to give rest to S&K for whatever reason.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Nikita's back is iffy. The Fed may well decide to have him skip the FD and rest it. I would. Let Stepanova and Bukin have the FD

If I were the Russians, I would have Valieva do both to completely assure winning both segments.

Mishina & Galliamov do both. Same reason. I wish they would let Tarasova & Morosov do one or the other, but unless China does not make it out of the short programs, I would not do it were I them.

And Kondratiuk to do both.

Last edited:

princecharming

Rinkside
Nikita's back is iffy. The Fed may well decide to have him skip the FD and rest it. I would. Let Stepanova and Bukin have the FS.

If I were the Russians, I would have Valieva do both to completely assure winning both segments.

Mishina & Galliamov do both. Same reason. I wish they would let Tarasova & Morosov do one or the other, but unless China does not make it out of the short programs, I would not do it were I them.

And Kondratiuk to do both.
There are pros and cons to every approach for Russia. Ultimately, Russia will lose to the men and it will be very close between ice dance pairs. Don't think they will want to risk it so much.

For women it doesn't matter since they are so dominant in that aspect. The other 3 disciplines, it seems to be a gamble.

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
The 2 riskiest events of the competition would be the SPs of Pairs and Men

Those are the ones where if a contestant from Russia\Japan\USA slips up, They could end up losing 5-6 points,
There are a bunch of Pairs who can score mid to high 60s, And a bunch of men who can crack 90

I think the only way Russia could lose the Gold is if their man is buried in the SP
Though they should probably play their hand correctly in Ice Dance too.

HeadBanger

On the Ice
Country
Canada
The 2 riskiest events of the competition would be the SPs of Pairs and Men

Those are the ones where if a contestant from Russia\Japan\USA slips up, They could end up losing 5-6 points,
There are a bunch of Pairs who can score mid to high 60s, And a bunch of men who can crack 90

I think the only way Russia could lose the Gold is if their man is buried in the SP
Though they should probably play their hand correctly in Ice Dance too.

I don't know about Pairs. The components and levels are worth so much and there is so much distance down to the lower tier teams that for the top teams they could have a disaster and they're still not finishing lower than 4th or 5th.

It's really mens and ladies where things can go off the rails in the short