2022 Skate America Rhythm Dance | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2022 Skate America Rhythm Dance

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
As for the skate, I realize all eyes are on Madi, but Evan is so good at this. So very very good.

The music deprives me of appreciation for this program. Yes, I'm shallow that way. :(

rain

Record Breaker
So, some of these programs are clearly better than others, and better skated than others, but does anyone else find that overall there wasn't a single memorable program in the bunch in terms of choreography and music? I'm finding myself completely bored by the the rhythm dances this year. I haven't seen a single one in any of the pre-season competitions to write home about.

Last season was so much better in that way — Papadakis/Cizeron, Smart/Diaz, and Chock/Bates had my favourite rhythm dances last season, but there were also a bunch of others that were at least distinct and enjoyable. This season they are just completely forgettable.

And I really miss the pattern steps.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am...not in love with this C/B program. I thought I'd like it but it doesn't feel Latin enough or Bowie enough for me. I might have H/B in the lead.
Don't worry, the judges won't. Places are predermined.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So, some of these programs are clearly better than others, and better skated than others, but does anyone else find that overall there wasn't a single memorable program in the bunch in terms of choreography and music? I'm finding myself completely bored by the the rhythm dances this year. I haven't seen a single one in any of the pre-season competitions to write home about.

Last season was so much better in that way — Papadakis/Cizeron, Smart/Diaz, and Chock/Bates had my favourite rhythm dances last season, but there were also a bunch of others that were at least distinct and enjoyable. This season they are just completely forgettable.

And I really miss the pattern steps.
No, I found K/D and H/B both very memorable in terms of both choreography and music.

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
I realize they probably need to do it for the beats:

but kill that drum machine. It is ruining David Bowie. Kill it with fire🔥
That's probably their conundrum. They get rid of the drum, it stops feeling "Latin-ish". I think it stops the program from being either Latin enough or Bowie enough to really be successful.

But that's my snap opinion. Very subject to change as the season continues :biggrin:

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am still boggled by the butt deodorant sponsor. Are the skaters supposed to need it or the fans?

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Good skating not great. Wow H/B seemed to be gifted very nicely= too nice. Too much credit is given to DAi and they seem to lack some strength. Carolane and Shane I am afraid are toast. They have been going backwards for a coule of seasons and even with a window of opportunity they can't seem to move forward. They look like they have fallen to No. 4 or 5 in Canada and with only two teams I would sadly not be surprised if they retire this year. The reality is only so manyh teams can move up and itis often a tthe cost of other teams andthis team is going backwards. Their funding will or mostlikely will get cut back. The Australian impressed me I do think some of the girl's dresses are really just a chance for them to wear something pretty but what it has to do with the program is a mystery.

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
As expected, the dogfight is for bronze and we could absolutely see some movement between 3rd-5th place, maybe even 6th. Top two look reasonably solid but frankly it's a great sign that H/B are scoring close to 80 now (would've been over 80 without the time deduction) and I think early season competing helped their confidence and levels significantly. Chock and Bates definitely look like it's their first outing, and I expect them to be stronger at their next GP, but they will probably still pull out the win if the FD is solid enough. Looking forward to seeing it!

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
I seriously hope that for next season, the ISU scraps this do-it-yourself pattern step idea, and goes back to real pattern dance steps that everybody has to do.

Also, I despise "Latin" music that is anything but. David Bowie and George Michael set to a rhythm instrumental track should not meet the music requirements. If I were a judge, I'd be handing out demerits.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
So far I'm liking junior ice dance better than senior ice dance, like M/T and H/B were fun but overall I wasn't that much impressed. But maybe it's because I'm nervous already for my girls. I don't know anything anyway.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Good skating not great. Wow H/B seemed to be gifted very nicely= too nice. Too much credit is given to DAi and they seem to lack some strength. Carolane and Shane I am afraid are toast. They have been going backwards for a coule of seasons and even with a window of opportunity they can't seem to move forward. They look like they have fallen to No. 4 or 5 in Canada and with only two teams I would sadly not be surprised if they retire this year. The reality is only so manyh teams can move up and itis often a tthe cost of other teams andthis team is going backwards. Their funding will or mostlikely will get cut back. The Australian impressed me I do think some of the girl's dresses are really just a chance for them to wear something pretty but what it has to do with the program is a mystery.
And I thought H/B were brilliant and the best team. But they can't score the best because they are US #2.