2022 Skate America Rhythm Dance | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2022 Skate America Rhythm Dance

IceDancingQueen

Final Flight
I love C/B and love Bowie but not sure about this program. It feels like the 2nd piece of music needs to pick up more speed - the song changed but the tempo kinda stayed the same which made it feel a bit flat until they got to the dancier Bowie version at the end. If they were wearing plain back costumes I’m not sure it would have kept my attention. Their amazing packaging elevates what did feel like very generic choreo, which kills me to say cause I love them. Hopefully they will tweak it as the season goes on.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Well... one more bell chiming in that HB should be first after what I have seen today... though I have to admit that I got a phone call during CB... and it was a pocket call LOL... so I was hearing someone walk on the streets... while trying to figure out if I liked Bowino

slider11

Medalist
9 Kaitlin HAWAYEK/ Jean-Luc BAKER USA
High performance quality and expression from these two. Very solid elements and no mistakes. Nice lift for them. They seemed speedier in this number. Her vibrant dress is a great color but seems to just drown her in fabric.
Agreed that the dress color is great for the Lucy/Latin vibe but perhaps needs to be tailored to be a little more sleek.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Since last year’s worlds
oh... they didn't make it last year.. and they certainly won't this year with only 2 teams. Soucisse and Firus were doing very well a few years ago... They trained at IAM... they were super fast and exciting to watch... but would make some mistakes... their coaching staff thought it would be better to slow them down a bit for them to skate cleaner.. but then... the magic was gone.(my opinion) ..and then they moved to Carol Lane. They took a while to adjust and I think some thought they would come back to the top of Canadian ice dance... but with LALA coming in from Juniors and LALE switching from France (and of course FBS from Denmark) Soucisse and Firus have just completely been dropped... but I don't think anyone expected them to finish second last here.... many people even put them in the top 5. I always liked them so it's MEH...

sworddance21

On the Ice
Well... one more bell chiming in that HB should be first after what I have seen today... though I have to admit that I got a phone call during CB... and it was a pocket call LOL... so I was hearing someone walk on the streets... while trying to figure out if I liked Bowino
Here's another. I know Chock and Bates are USA 1, and I recognize their skating skill, but I just really find them so presentational. I really want to love their performances and I just don't.

Brenda_Bottems

On the Ice
I'm attempting to watch figure skating on NBC and have been bombarded with these vulgar and offensive LUME ads. Why is the USFS aligned with such an organization? This does not align with figure skating's core values!

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
oh... they didn't make it last year.. and they certainly won't this year with only 2 teams. Soucisse and Firus were doing very well a few years ago... They trained at IAM... they were super fast and exciting to watch... but would make some mistakes... their coaching staff thought it would be better to slow them down a bit for them to skate cleaner.. but then... the magic was gone.(my opinion) ..and then they moved to Carol Lane. They took a while to adjust and I think some thought they would come back to the top of Canadian ice dance... but with LALA coming in from Juniors and LALE switching from France (and of course FBS from Denmark) Soucisse and Firus have just completely been dropped... but I don't think anyone expected them to finish second last here.... many people even put them in the top 5. I always liked them so it's MEH...
Nah, not these ones, I meant the guys from first group. La Gac something? Looked really old. S/F I recognize somewhat.

litenkyckling

Final Flight
Discovery plus doesn't work on my TV so it's all laptop watching for me - hence no comments throughout!

Overall thoughts:
Confused about the french Canadian team - big score?
Huge score for Holly and Jason - it was good but wow.
Kana and Dai - I LOVE this RD. What a crowdpleaser. Costumes are great. What is that score? Judges got this one wrong.
H/B - I like this programme and I can see what they're trying to do. BUT I don't *love* her dress and his costume looks like it's from a different team. I need their costumes to compliment eachother more. Maybe if he had the same flower from her hair as a print on the back? Lift looked shaky which was a shame.
Chock and Bates - so incredibly meh. Obviously the lift didn't go up as it was supposed to. I don't know - it just felt so totally flat. Did they even want to be there? Because it sure didn't look like it. I loved her dress from pictures but in motion it doesn't have the same rainbow effect.

I'd actually have it M/T, H/B then C/B if we're being fair.

Reactions: snd

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Nah, not these ones, I meant the guys from first group. La Gac something? Looked really old. S/F I recognize somewhat.
oh... well they just switched from France.. competed last year at Nationals and I think 4CC.

Amei

Record Breaker
I'm attempting to watch figure skating on NBC and have been bombarded with these vulgar and offensive LUME ads. Why is the USFS aligned with such an organization? This does not align with figure skating's core values!

this is figure skating...not sure beggars can be choosers when it comes to sponsorships

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Speaking of Desi Arnaz and Cuban Pete,

wasn't Dorothy Hamill once married to Desi Arnaz Jr? A figure skating connection. :)

ETA: Oops: oh no, I got it wrong, it was Dean Martin Jr. As in Dino, Desi and Billy. Oh well:LOL:

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
YouTube, no ads, pure bliss. The only annoyance is the commentator.