2023-24 Russian Grand Prix - Stage 1 - Ufa | Page 39 | Golden Skate

2023-24 Russian Grand Prix - Stage 1 - Ufa

Skating91

Medalist
Trust me, the judges are very, very good at math, particularly now that they have 3 PCSs to work with, not 5. Lol.

Until Petrosyan goes toe to toe with the Japanese and Koreans, with the currently sitting tech panels, the direct comparison is impossible.

Tbh, if she knew she has a world title in the bag, I would have expected her to switch last year, not strive for gold in Ufa.
At World's Sakamoto got nearly 74 PCS for a program with no 3+3. Hendrickx 70 with one fall. Even Levito with one fall and one 3+3 69 same as Adelia. I don't think Adelia PCS any worse than Levito, better skating skills, fast across the ice, three quads and two 3+3 today just 69 PCS which I think was correct.

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
photo_2023-10-15_16-58-54 (2).jpg
photo_2023-10-15_16-58-54.jpg

The answer about Liza & Ilya's costumes

flimflam

Rinkside
Trust me, the judges are very, very good at math, particularly now that they have 3 PCSs to work with, not 5. Lol.

Until Petrosyan goes toe to toe with the Japanese and Koreans, with the currently sitting tech panels, the direct comparison is impossible.

Tbh, if she knew she has a world title in the bag, I would have expected her to switch last year, not strive for gold in Ufa.
She can't The Russian Fed would never let her go.

Mariiiiskate

Record Breaker
Their current WC has a flutz and a floop, so for sure edges and excessive prerotation are not big issues.

Jumping big is what they want. Incorrect technique or not.

The issue is more on GOEs she can receive than calls. I don't know if transitions in and out would be enough.
Armenian skaters are not going to get good GEO no matter how cleanly she is going to skate let's be honest.

Honestly tho she needs to seriously think about switching if Russia isnt allowed back to this seasons worlds and are only admitted next season. According to the rules of the last olympic quarter that haven changed to my knowledge, even if they win the 2025 worlds, they wont be able to get the 3 olympic quotas. So if the ban doesn't get lifted in time for this seasons worlds no chance of 3 spots in the olympics for any discipline . The battle for just 2 olympic spots will likely see her left with none.

icewhite

Record Breaker
I don't know. It depends. I don't see why Mura for example should get lower scores in SS than most of Japaneses.

She shouldn't. But Russia would have to back her - like they did with Liza.
I already wanted to say that about Mozalev - I think he could really get high PCS internationally if he toned down the tech content, went clean, and if Russia backed him. But if he's not regarded as a top skater in Russia (because of lack of TES), he won't be internationally. Maybe he would need to go to Eteri. :eek:
All of that is purely theoretical, of course.

icewhite

Record Breaker
Thanks for the service honey. I thought their designer was drinking some good green tea when working on these costumes.

honestly they weren't doing a great job in getting their idea out, the result was very different from these pictures transport

LadyB

Record Breaker
Armenian skaters are not going to get good GEO no matter how cleanly she is going to skate let's be honest.

Honestly tho she needs to seriously think about switching if Russia isnt allowed back to this seasons worlds and are only admitted next season. According to the rules of the last olympic quarter that haven changed to my knowledge, even if they win the 2025 worlds, they wont be able to get the 3 olympic quotas. So if the ban doesn't get lifted in time for this seasons worlds no chance of 3 spots in the olympics for any discipline . The battle for just 2 olympic spots will likely see her left with none.
I know you'r right, but even reading that wants me throw up. I'm sick and tired of that witchhunt against the Russians it makes me feel 🤬🤬🤬

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
She shouldn't. But Russia would have to back her - like they did with Liza.
I already wanted to say that about Mozalev - I think he could really get high PCS internationally if he toned down the tech content, went clean, and if Russia backed him. But if he's not regarded as a top skater in Russia (because of lack of TES), he won't be internationally. Maybe he would need to go to Eteri. :eek:
All of that is purely theoretical, of course.
I thought about Eteri too for a while, but a few folks on this forum mentioned her grinding methods, so given Mozalev's potentially accumulating traumas, that school is likely to break down whatever still holds together in his feet/ankles/hips etc. His still lack of 3F always worry me as an indicator of permanent damage. I mean, there is really no magic in what Tutberidze does. She sieves a huge amount of kids and grinds them, to see who breaks, who can take it.

icewhite

Record Breaker
okay, to get away from all off-topic topics and to the dance at hand... so far my impression is they all have great basics and especially great speed, but they are really lacking synchronization and trust in each other in the lifts - which is no wonder if many of them have not skated together for long