2023-24 Russian Nationals Exhibition Gala | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2023-24 Russian Nationals Exhibition Gala

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
It used to be common for skaters to say something to the camera after a performance. But apparently this year without this tradition.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I don't know who that is singing, but it certainly isn't Adele.

That is an awful cover of "Someone Like You". 🙉

Really spoiled the enjoyment of what was otherwise a good programme.

Next time, use the real thing!

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
It used to be common for skaters to say something to the camera after a performance. But apparently this year without this tradition.

Maybe they are just keeping that for the podium finishers. Or just the winners.

From looking at the Time Schedule, I take it that the winners won't be doing encores either.

CaroLiza_fan

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
I see that finally Petya is there. What did he have during the medals ceremony?

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
I like that a lot of skaters prepared well this time. Last year there were a lot of good EXs (KadKol's, Mironova/Ustenko's, Valieva's, Shanaeva/Drozd's, Semenenko's) but a lot of skaters skated their old programs or poorly prepared programs made during rehearsals.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Is there even a single cover that you like?

There are actually lots. But skaters don't tend to choose any of them!

The only two I can think of off hand that do get skated to regularly are Jeff Buckley's cover of "Hallelujah", and Disturbed's cover of "The Sound Of Silence". But, there are lots of other people on here that don't like the latter (but they do generally like the former).

CaroLiza_fan

Mathematician

Pilgrim on a long journey
Medalist
I liked Aliev so much more. Now I really wish he got a medal. :(

I hope we can see more lyrical and serious skates (especially from Valieva). Too many "fun" and light hearted programs today so far.

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker

I hope we can see more lyrical and serious skates (especially from Valieva). Too many "fun" and light hearted programs today so far.
There really have been only 3-4 fun programs out of the 12 exhibitions we've seen, all others were on the more emotional or dramatic side. 🤔

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Can't ISU really find a way to make synchro an olympic discipline?

Mathematician

Medalist
There really have been only 3-4 fun programs out of the 12 exhibitions we've seen, all others were on the more emotional or dramatic side. 🤔
Frolova and Aliev, who else was really serious? And I wasnt a huge fan of Frolova today. There were some other "slower" skates like Khavronina but they werent profound.

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
I feel sorry for Aliev. Last year he bombed his SP and then did a good FS, but it was only enough for fourth place. This year he made only one big mistake, but a very costly one. Nevertheless, this performance would have been enough for bronze last year.

Mathematician

Medalist
Its too hard. I'm guessing these Russians are the best at it? And to me it looked like they still obviously lost sync quite a few times.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
I doubt it. I think it is very expensive to organise and will be very unpopular.
I find it more spectacular than ice dance for example. Not sure that with more broadcasting it will remain unpopular. But yes, probably too expensive.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

Because the IOC are trying to cut down on the number of people that go to the Olympics to save money.

Adding something like Synchro, where there are 12 or 16 people in each team, would greatly increase the number of people that go.

If Synchro was added, the IOC would end up telling the ISU that the numbers in the other categories would need to be cut to compensate for it.

CaroLiza_fan