Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I really don’t know if I’m staying. The lovely lady who has been giving me rides is ill, I’m tired and cold and it is an unreasonable walk to where I have to catch the Uber…like through an enormous parking lot and through the place where they take your money out into the street. On the other hand they actually aren’t kicking me out, likely because I’m in a suite. But the doors reopen at 5 and I’m definitely not coming back if I leave.

BTW people are still screaming for Jason, won’t clear the ice, the zambonis can’t move, they’re beeping their horns, I’ve not seen anything like it at a skating event

auser

Record Breaker
Didn't find a listing for the Gala on Peacock. Guess those of us not at the event in San Jose, CA will have to wait for NBC broadcast next week unless I missed something.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Didn't find a listing for the Gala on Peacock. Guess those of us not at the event in San Jose, CA will have to wait for NBC broadcast next week unless I missed something.
They kicked me out and I just can’t run that gauntlet again.

yesterday

Record Breaker
But didn't they broadcast last year's Gala? :scratch2:
I believe I watched it via olympic channel, where the oly team got those guitars?
Or was that something else?

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Is Jimmy there? I guess the reason they closed practice is so we would not know who was there?

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Saw this Instagram page had a few exhibition pics: https://www.instagram.com/p/CoGdKGDJdle/?hl=en

Starr looks amazing in that outfit! And then Max Naumov wears a US Figure Skating tshirt 🤣 And I guess Sam was also invited to the gala. I already know I'm going to be yelling at NBC for most likely not showing us juniors or lower finishing skaters and instead giving us repeat coverage. Grrr

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States
Saw this Instagram page had a few exhibition pics: https://www.instagram.com/p/CoGdKGDJdle/?hl=en

Starr looks amazing in that outfit! And then Max Naumov wears a US Figure Skating tshirt 🤣 And I guess Sam was also invited to the gala. I already know I'm going to be yelling at NBC for most likely not showing us juniors or lower finishing skaters and instead giving us repeat coverage. Grrr
I was yelling at NBC big time on Sunday (Men's FS) when they showed Isabeau's FS again instead of showing more men's competitors.

Not taking anything away from Isabeau -- she's wonderful and I love watching her -- but IMO, Sunday should have been for the guys. NBC also repeated a fluff piece about Ilia, which bugged the daylights out of me as well. :mad:

We need less repeats, less fluff, and more real live competition! Juniors and lower-ranked skaters deserve exposure and it seems to me that the USFS also needs it to build a bigger fan base.