2023 U.S. Nationals: General Info and Pre-game chat | Page 16 | Golden Skate

2023 U.S. Nationals: General Info and Pre-game chat

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
They won't let me post pics any more but they are lecturing on what it takes to be a skater. They are talking about negative fan interactions

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ashley is coaching full time. Audrey is in school and skating on the collegiate level. Rachel Flatt is completing her PhD and is on many skating related boards. They’re talking about people saying inappropriate things about them and their bodies. I mean…I totally agree these things should not be said. Oooh Ash is talking about TSL and how crappy they are basically.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The food is cold. Cold biscuits, cold hash browns, cold bacon. I didn’t dare try the eggs or sausage. Pastries are..not great. They had a cheese board and fruit up two steps, which is easy enough for me but not the people on scooters or wheelchairs

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I mean ..I understand we shouldn’t say bad things about the athletes or their bodies. I feel like I’m being lectured though. I don’t see a single other athlete including juniors. This is just…weird.

Seven Sisters

Medalist
They won't let me post pics any more but they are lecturing on what it takes to be a skater. They are talking about negative fan interactions
This is so interesting. Is there a lot of that? Most skating fans I know are thrilled to meet skaters and very careful to not bother them. So it is interesting that they are naming this as an issue!

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This is so interesting. Is there a lot of that? Most skating fans I know are thrilled to meet skaters and very careful to not bother them. So it is interesting that they are naming this as an issue!

it appears as though the Kaitlin H. incident got to them, but lecturing people who shell out for the FOFS breakfast is probably not getting the message to their target audience. :shrug:

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Mostly online, but Rachel was talking about inappropriate touching and people crowding around her at one comp and she was so freaked that her strength and conditioning coach had to come start physically moving them out of the way.

Ashley apparently was on YouTube one time (when she and Tim were at their peak, so last year pre Olympics? and saw a TSL meme or video or something listing out all the reasons Tim shouldn’t skate with her anymore and it really upset her. She asks we not share or comment on their stuff.

I talked to her after the breakfast and she’s very happy.

Talked to Tim, got him to sign my flag AT LAST! Got Rachel’s autograph. On my way out met up with Mark Sandusky and two (I think) junior pairs skaters. I tried low key to read their name tags. They were the ONLY athletes who showed up. I told them none of them were allowed to ever break up with their partners. You’re welcome.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If I had shelled out for the Brian Boitano suite I would have been furious y’all. It is where the breakfast was held and it is nowhere near the ice. You have to watch it on TV. If I want to get drunk and watch skating on TV I can do that at home. I took a couple of pictures of the suite.

We’ve got the internal arena sound in the suite and Johnny asked Terry for a napkin to put us cough drop in.

Ok here’s Rusty.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I mean ..I understand we shouldn’t say bad things about the athletes or their bodies. I feel like I’m being lectured though. I don’t see a single other athlete including juniors. This is just…weird.
Depends on the skater. Some are very open touchy feely people, like Jason Brown. Some, like Yuna, run the other way when they see me (emoji for shrug).
Rachel Flatt has no worries about getting touched by me. (Emoji thumbs up)

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Depends on the skater. Some are very open touchy feely people, like Jason Brown. Some, like Yuna, run the other way when they see me (emoji for shrug).
Rachel Flatt has no worries about getting touched by me. (Emoji thumbs up)
I don’t think that the people who shell out to join FOFS are the people they need to be talking to.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Let’s see what else. Oh a nice guy came up to me when I was getting flags signed. He said I saw you waving the Pride flag, that’s so nice! I said “yes, I am a flyer of many flags. If there’s a flag that needs to be flown, I’m your girl.” (I actually have a storage tub of them now so I can make sure the cats don’t decide they are a good barfing area)

USFS is apparently selling clear arena bags that are much much larger than what the SAP center supposedly allows (about the size of my bag and all NCAA and NFL regulation bags). I would be incensed if I purchased a bag from them and wasn’t allowed to enter the arena with it next year.

This area is super super sketch (I ran across some unhoused people while on my morning “let’s find this breakfast” adventure) and these people have no clue at all what they are doing. I asked two different arena personnel how to get to an Uber. They told me across the parking lot and past the gates. The ticket taker says oh you have to go to the other side of the building. Oh absolutely not. What’s the address here right here at this booth. He told me the street and I got the address off the boarded up house across the street.

So I will post pics of the view from the suite, Boitano lounge, few other pics I have taken on my IG later.

yesterday

Record Breaker
If anyone wants to sit in my seat for the gala, its 107, row 1 seat 13

you:

giphy.gif

GSer be like:

giphy.gif