2023 U.S. Nationals: General Info and Pre-game chat | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2023 U.S. Nationals: General Info and Pre-game chat

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The pewter medal, so I was told, was instituted because regionals and sectionals all had, at that time, 4 places that advanced to the next round. and the fourth place person likes getting a medal.

They do a random draw within flights. I have no clue why, although I do know people who think that is more fair, and others who think it is more exciting that way.

I just wish they would use the same format results tables as the ISU.
Yes, that is the reason. They could hardly put Gold, Silver and Bronze on the medal stand and then go “oh, and hey you, you’re going too.”

I think random draw is much more exciting, especially in dance.

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
My favorite Muse program was Coomes/Buckland’s. Murphy/Levity’s was perfectly nice but I wish people would go a little deeper into the band’s catalogue, or even that very slbum. The Kerrs had a great program to Ruled By Secrecy.

labgoat

Working on Costumes contest & REWATCHES
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
My favorite Muse program was Coomes/Buckland’s. Murphy/Levity’s was perfectly nice but I wish people would go a little deeper into the band’s catalogue, or even that very slbum. The Kerrs had a great program to Ruled By Secrecy.
Coomes as the butterfly was so beautiful and so was her dress

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
I never noticed how close Be Our Guest’s chorus is to Shall We Dance before. I guess because The King and I has sort of fallen out of musical theater favor these days

CellarDweller

Ice Time
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
i'm here as well, as any other supernatural being i'm doubling myself

simpson-simpsons.gif

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Isn’t a song which include “carry that weight” an odd choice?

Lights down for Hall of Fame induction ceremony.

Greta

On the Ice
It seems like such a strange decision to have the skating finish before 7 today and not have a Saturday night ticket.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
A street person came into the arena hotel. At 11:30 pm and pulled the fire alarm. I slept through it. I have goooood drugs...

sworddance21

On the Ice
The pewter medal, so I was told, was instituted because regionals and sectionals all had, at that time, 4 places that advanced to the next round. and the fourth place person likes getting a medal.

They do a random draw within flights. I have no clue why, although I do know people who think that is more fair, and others who think it is more exciting that way.

I just wish they would use the same format results tables as the ISU.

I wish Skate Canada would cease having so much stuff in pdf files, too.

USFSA is not the only overly traditional federation.
The Pewter medal explanation makes a certain kind of sense.