2023 U.S. Nationals: General Info and Pre-game chat | Golden Skate

2023 U.S. Nationals: General Info and Pre-game chat

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The 2023 Toyota U.S. Figure Skating Championships will be held January 23-29, 2023, at the SAP Center in San Jose, California. Medals will be awarded in all four disciplines at the senior and junior levels. Athletes will vie for spots on the National Team that will compete at the 2023 ISU Four Continents Figure Skating Championships, 2023 ISU World Figure Skating Championships, and the 2023 ISU World Junior Figure Skating Championships.

Last edited:

Crowdproud

On the Ice
The 2023 US nationals will be in my home town and I would like to attend. That would probably be my first time watching a live figure skating competition!

I was looking at the ticket options and all I see is the all-in-one deals, including all days: junior and seniors. Does anyone know if tickets for individual events / days would be available at some point? I'm not sure if I would want to splurge on the all-access tickets, but would love to see at least some of the competition live.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The 2023 US nationals will be in my home town and I would like to attend. That would probably be my first time watching a live figure skating competition!

I was looking at the ticket options and all I see is the all-in-one deals, including all days: junior and seniors. Does anyone know if tickets for individual events / days would be available at some point? I'm not sure if I would want to splurge on the all-access tickets, but would love to see at least some of the competition live.
Championship Weekend and Individual Session Tickets to the 2023 U.S. Championships will go on sale later this year. There should be a place you can sign up for alerts.

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Weekend finals ticket packages now on sale
I was just about to post the info from the email I got announcing this! It also states, "Individual tickets will go on sale next week in addition to unique fan experience packages, including meet and greets with previous champions, Zamboni rides and more!"

As much as I would love to ride a Zamboni, I still won't be going to Nationals. I'm currently leaving the possibility of 4CC open and planning for Worlds...

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I was just about to post the info from the email I got announcing this! It also states, "Individual tickets will go on sale next week in addition to unique fan experience packages, including meet and greets with previous champions, Zamboni rides and more!"

As much as I would love to ride a Zamboni, I still won't be going to Nationals. I'm currently leaving the possibility of 4CC open and planning for Worlds...
Would love to see you and Shoma and Arriba, etc at 4CCs.....I think I will pass on the Zamboni rides at nats. Looking through the on line flip book media guide for 22-23, I wonder if there will be another breakfast at nats again? There doesnt appear to be a whole lot of folks at USFS left. I wouldnt even mind if they charged us for it....the breakfast and early tickets were a big draw. Oh well. Nothing ever stays the same....

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Would love to see you and Shoma and Arriba, etc at 4CCs.....I think I will pass on the Zamboni rides at nats. Looking through the on line flip book media guide for 22-23, I wonder if there will be another breakfast at nats again? There doesnt appear to be a whole lot of folks at USFS left. I wouldnt even mind if they charged us for it....the breakfast and early tickets were a big draw. Oh well. Nothing ever stays the same....
I think there are still people there. I bet it I sent in a FOFS app with a nice 10k check they’d appear out of the woodwork.

Was there FOFS breakfast at Skate America?

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I got an email this morning saying that single-session tickets for U.S. Nationals are now on sale! You can buy them here!

Jen203

Spectator
Hi all, I’m still considering going to nationals this year. I’m looking at some hotels closer to the airport due to hotel prices closer to the venue being so high. Is anyone familiar with any good transportation options to SAP Center from that area or have thoughts on how much of a hassle it would be? I went nationals last year in Nashville and stayed close to the arena and it was great, but I’d prefer to not pay $300-$400/night this year for a hotel. Thanks in advance!

Carolla5501

On the Ice
Hi all, I’m still considering going to nationals this year. I’m looking at some hotels closer to the airport due to hotel prices closer to the venue being so high. Is anyone familiar with any good transportation options to SAP Center from that area or have thoughts on how much of a hassle it would be? I went nationals last year in Nashville and stayed close to the arena and it was great, but I’d prefer to not pay $300-$400/night this year for a hotel. Thanks in advance!
You can take the street car from the hotels near the airport to the arena so it's not a bad choice

Weathergal

Medalist
Here is a link dated December 7 to practice groups for U. S. Nationals:

https://www.usfigureskating.org/sites/default/files/media-files/23USChamps_OPIgroups.pdf

It concerns me that Cesanek Molly/Yehorov Yehor are not listed in Sr. Dance. I know they got a late start to the season because Molly had surgery but can't imagine why they are not listed in the practice groups:scratch2::scratch2:.
They have withdrawn. :( Quote below is from Who Qualified thread.
Molly Cesanek and Yehor Yehorov have withdrawn from US Nats:

Carolla5501

On the Ice
I dont know if this is an anomoly but in San Diego, Uber prices have risen quite a bit...cant wait to see what the uber prices are in San Jose. Need to check on shuttle vans. I am so behind I dont even know if the secondary venue is the same place. It was a cheep uber ride away, but cold cold cold.....

Uber has gone up a lot. But... there's no guarantee you will be allowed into the "secondary venue" if you read the Ticket FAQs it only says practices at the SAP center so this may not be a problem.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Breakfasts are back! And they might have a victum to run them.
"If you have questions, please contact Annie White, Sr Director of Marketing, at [email protected]."

Friends of Figure Skating 2023 Toyota U.S. Figure Skating Championships Breakfast and VIP Experiences!​

U.S. Figure Skating has a week of unforgettable experiences lined up for our Friends of Figure Skating members at the 2023 Toyota U.S. Figure Skating Championships. Please fill out the form linked below to reserve/purchase these amazing experiences, or keep reading for more information.​
As a member of Friends of Figure Skating, you're invited to participate in these special events during the 2023 Toyota U.S. Figure Skating Championships!

Friends of Figure Skating Breakfast
We are bringing back the Friends of Figure Skating breakfast, which will be at the Sharks Lounge in the SAP Center on Sunday, Jan. 29 from 9:30-11 a.m. Friend level members have the opportunity to purchase two (2) tickets to the FOFS breakfast, Red level members receive one (1) complimentary ticket and the opportunity to purchase one (1) ticket to the FOFS breakfast, and White level and above receive two (2) complimentary tickets.

Boitano's Lounge
Untitled
This brand new experience will be hosted by Brian Boitano Friday, Jan. 27 through Sunday, Jan. 29 each afternoon and will include Brian's signature cocktails, a full bar, a selection of appetizers and special guests, including Peggy Fleming, Kristi Yamaguchi, Mariah Bell and more! Tickets are $650 per person. Friends of Figure Skating have first opportunity for purchase. Space is limited, so please purchase these ASAP.

Memorial Fund Reception
Our annual Memorial Fund Reception will be held at the Silicon Valley Capital Club on Friday, Jan. 27 at 8 p.m. There will be guest appearances by former Memorial Fund recipients and a live auction hosted by U.S. Figure Skating MC Rusty Kath. Tickets are $325 per person. The purchase of this ticket includes a $250 donation to the Memorial Fund, which is tax deductible to the extent of the law.

Hall of Fame Reception
This year's Hall of Fame Reception will be held Saturday, Jan. 28 at 8:15 p.m. and will be held at the San Jose Westin ballroom. We will celebrate the Class of 2023, including Paul George and Maia and Alex Shibutani. Tickets will be $75 per person.

Golden Ticket
We are bringing back the Golden Ticket for the 2023 Toyota U.S. Championships, which now includes a new VIP hospitality experience! If you want to attend all of the special events in San Jose, this is the package for you. Included will be one (1) ticket to the Friends of Figure Skating breakfast, one (1) ticket to Brian Boitano's Lounge, one (1) ticket to the Memorial Fund Reception and one (1) ticket to the Hall of Fame Reception. Golden tickets will be $1,025 per person for Friend and Red levels, and $975 per person for White and Blue levels. As a special thank you to our Bronze members and above, we are including Boitano's Lounge in their Friends Of Figure Skating membership, so the Memorial Fund and Hall of Fame Reception should be purchased separately.​
Additional Event Information

Parking
Parking for the 2023 Toyota U.S. Figure Skating Championships will be available for purchase for all-session and weekend ticket purchasers here.

For more information on the event, click here.​

If you have any questions, please reach out to Annie White, Senior Director of Marketing, at [email protected].​
U.S. Figure Skating, 20 1st Street, Colorado Springs, Colorado 80906, United States
Unsubscribe Manage preferences

AEdFTp689t4xbYvnI2iF9WgHy0CZu9fJspBQAjC2DA=s40-p-mo
ReplyForward

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I’m trying to share mine near the arena. It is $90 a night plus taxes. The Flamingo. I’m a middle aged lady who gets all the crazy out at the arena.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The senior men's free is at 11:30 am, so I guess we wont be seeing many senior men at the Breakfast....but I have no idea what the breakfast will be like in any case....I would be OK with wolfing down a quick feed and remasking and then skaters coming in masked up. But I dont even know if they will appear live or a few will or they will appear on a TV screen......
Somehow I dont think its gonna ever be the same....

View attachment 6232
Every year I have been (starting in 2019) the men’s comp has interfered and the men have not come.

TanithandBenFan

On the Ice
The senior men's free is at 11:30 am, so I guess we wont be seeing many senior men at the Breakfast....but I have no idea what the breakfast will be like in any case....I would be OK with wolfing down a quick feed and remasking and then skaters coming in masked up. But I dont even know if they will appear live or a few will or they will appear on a TV screen......
Somehow I dont think its gonna ever be the same....

View attachment 6232
I emailed Anne White at USFS about the breakfast, and she said it will likely be mostly alumni athletes there. I don't understand why they can't go back to the old model and just do required masking if they want to keep the athletes safe.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I emailed Anne White at USFS about the breakfast, and she said it will likely be mostly alumni athletes there. I don't understand why they can't go back to the old model and just do required masking if they want to keep the athletes safe.
That is not cool.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Ouch. But the USFS has a valid point. I dont know what the risks will be in 3 weeks...I dont know what the covid protocals will be at nats...I know I will be masked up with a quality operating room grade mask..not some worthless rag........and I am eating outside or in my room with food from the Whole Foods store. Wanna stay healthy for Four Conts a week later.

To give the devil his due, it will be interesting to see if the athletes at nats mingle sans masks with us fans outside of the breakfast. Or they know better. Or are told to not do that.... or if they stay in their own special sitting section. Anyone report on their actions at Skate America? I have no idea how they act around each other at events now, other what I see on social media. Vax doesnt keep you from getting covid....it lessens the effects....Amber knows that.....and no one wants to test positive from now through worlds......too bad the breakfast could not be outside....