2023 U.S. Nationals: General Info and Pre-game chat | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2023 U.S. Nationals: General Info and Pre-game chat

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Y’all. If you haven’t ever been to a live skating event I encourage you to do so. You never know what will happen. You can see a lot even from the cheap seats.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I believe my ticket has been scanned or I would give it away.

yesterday

Record Breaker
Anybody wanting to spend the next 2,5 hours with exihibition programs and can't do it with Nationals Gala, let's (re)watch Fantasy on Ice from last summer :biggrin:

yesterday

Record Breaker
There's a thread where we could collect the live comments? :)

Greta

On the Ice
There's a thread where we could collect the live comments? :)
Sorry, didn’t see it earlier!

Greta

On the Ice
Do you happen to have a list of who was in the gala?
Still ongoing so I’m not sure yet. I believe they typically invite all senior medalists and the junior champions. So far, additions to that:

Sonja Hilmer
Sam Mindra
Kirk Haugeto (sp?)
Jimmy Ma
Polina Edmunds

Junior dance winners have not performed so I’m guessing they went home or didn’t want to risk it.

From senior pairs, we only got C/H and K/F.

Last edited:

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Still ongoing so I’m not sure yet. I believe they typically invite all senior medalists and the junior champions. So far, additions to that:

Sonja Hilmer
Sam Mindra
Kirk Haugeto (sp?)
Jimmy Ma
Polina Edmunds

Junior dance winners have not performed so I’m guessing they went home or didn’t want to risk it.

From senior pairs, we only got C/H and K/F.
Oh man you got Kirk AND Jimmy Ma??

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Anyone else scoping out hotels for next year? I have a friend in the area with seasons tickets to the hockey games. Which is to say she knows the area well.

Greta

On the Ice
Anyone else scoping out hotels for next year? I have a friend in the area with seasons tickets to the hockey games. Which is to say she knows the area well.
Not yet- I need to look at prices to see if it’s feasible. I’d be happy to hear about recommendations, though!

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Not yet- I need to look at prices to see if it’s feasible. I’d be happy to hear about recommendations, though!
After 25-30 comps, I wou,d suggest y'all request a place to talk about the comp NOW. Just saying. Logistics can make or break the fun of a comp. And you can cancel most motel arrangements and change. As prof Harold Hill might say. "You have to know the territory"

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Can we have a thread for next years comp please admins

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
A Diet Coke is less than 50% what it was in the arena. I never thought I’d be happy to see one at 3.25.