Anyone going? | Golden Skate

Anyone going?

hanca

Record Breaker
Does anyone plan to go to junior worlds? When do they usually start selling the tickets? Or do people by the tickets at the venue just before the competition?

Vinyame

Rinkside
I'm thinking about volunteering at JWC. The tickets will be on sale around January, maybe February. I don't think a lot of people will come so good tickets should be available at the venue.

Yuzuruu

the silent assassin
Medalist
I plan on going but I am a bit worried about the tickets. It seems like Premium tickets are 25k yen, which is about 225$ and it seems really cheap :think: am I reading it correctly?

Here is the ticket info.

Edit: Okay, now I'm really confused. When I switch to Japanese I can see the Premium tickets cost 100k yen. Does this mean that some tickets are not available to non-Japanese? Can somebody who knows more Japanese than me help us? :laugh:

kaiba1986

Rinkside
I plan on going but I am a bit worried about the tickets. It seems like Premium tickets are 25k yen, which is about 225$ and it seems really cheap :think: am I reading it correctly?

Here is the ticket info.

Edit: Okay, now I'm really confused. When I switch to Japanese I can see the Premium tickets cost 100k yen. Does this mean that some tickets are not available to non-Japanese? Can somebody who knows more Japanese than me help us? :laugh:

The link is for senior worlds in Saitama/Japan, juniors will be in Zagreb/Croatia. No info about tickets yet, I think.

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
I'm thinking about volunteering at JWC. The tickets will be on sale around January, maybe February. I don't think a lot of people will come so good tickets should be available at the venue.

Is there any information available online about volunteering? I just took a quick look but could only find info on JWC 2018.... I am going to watch IdF this year (first live competition!) and if I love it (as I'm sure I will) I would love to volunteer at another competition.

Vinyame

Rinkside
Is there any information available online about volunteering? I just took a quick look but could only find info on JWC 2018.... I am going to watch IdF this year (first live competition!) and if I love it (as I'm sure I will) I would love to volunteer at another competition.
All the information should be available on the event website, but there isn't one yet :(
IdF wow, I'm sure you'll love it! My first competition was JGP last year. I'm going to Ondrej Nepela Trophy in a few days and then my next competition will hopefully be Junior Worlds :) Figure skating competitions are so addicting... :)

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
All the information should be available on the event website, but there isn't one yet :(
IdF wow, I'm sure you'll love it! My first competition was JGP last year. I'm going to Ondrej Nepela Trophy in a few days and then my next competition will hopefully be Junior Worlds :) Figure skating competitions are so addicting... :)

Ah exciting!! Hope you have a great time next week. I'll keep an eye out for the website :)

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom

Any news about the tickets?

Hi! I've been searching but still no word about either tickets or volunteering online. I'm still interested in going, so hopefully info will turn up soon!

pearly

Record Breaker
I've competed there before and it's safe to say there will be tickets available. There isn't much interest in skating in Croatia.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Be glad there is only free seating :)
Arrive early and take the best front row seats. You’ll hardly ever get those chances again.

Generally, public interest in junior events is almost nil, and the girls compete on week days.

liberrhythm

On the Ice
Thanks for the link!! I'll be going for sure, I'm so excited and would love to meet up if y'all are going as well [emoji3]

elysium

On the Ice
Be glad there is only free seating :)
Arrive early and take the best front row seats. You’ll hardly ever get those chances again.

Generally, public interest in junior events is almost nil, and the girls compete on week days.

I was not expecting this huge price difference compared to senior events.

Vinyame

Rinkside
I really want to go but there's still no info about volunteering. I sent them an e-mail two weeks ago and I have got no response yet:(

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
I was not expecting this huge price difference compared to senior events.

It is probably due to sponsoring and good relations the ISU maintains with member federations. Proceedings from ticket sales will not cover the costs, and most local OC's don't want to incur big financial losses.
Junior Worlds is an event of almost the same size and scope as senior worlds, and for the organising committee and ISU almost the same amount of work, time and investment needed.
We should be very thankful for such a federation promoting their sport to younger audiences.

Hopefully there will be unrestricted live streams in HD with Ted Barton's commentary.

Caustica

Final Flight
I'm considering going during the weekend, but does anyone know when the schedule is likely to be released?