Anyone going? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Anyone going?

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Where is the new schedule? The ISU link still has the old schedule with girls SP on Wednesday and FS on Friday.

It might be tough for the girls and young ladies from smaller programs to have their competition on consecutive days, but those hardened competitors from Russia most likely don't care. They are used to high intensity training and the total intensity or 'duty cycle' of a training session is more than both SP and FS combined.
It depends on the skater, some like to unwind, other like to stay in the flow.

One supposes ISU officials dictate the schedule based on convenience and experience, but perhaps media contracts have made a reshift of the schedule necessary?

elysium

On the Ice
Where is the new schedule? The ISU link still has the old schedule with girls SP on Wednesday and FS on Friday.

It might be tough for the girls and young ladies from smaller programs to have their competition on consecutive days, but those hardened competitors from Russia most likely don't care. They are used to high intensity training and the total intensity or 'duty cycle' of a training session is more than both SP and FS combined.
It depends on the skater, some like to unwind, other like to stay in the flow.

One supposes ISU officials dictate the schedule based on convenience and experience, but perhaps media contracts have made a reshift of the schedule necessary?

Check the link posted by RemyRose, it says on the front page revised on Jan 21. Ladies are on Friday and Saturday now. All the other disciplines have a resting day.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Check the link posted by RemyRose, it says on the front page revised on Jan 21. Ladies are on Friday and Saturday now. All the other disciplines have a resting day.

The top events on more convenient times for the citizens of Zagreb to attend, good decision on ISU and LOC's part. Better attendance in the stands is good for the atmosphere and financial return. I rate this event of the highest importance of the whole 2018/2019 season, due to the presence of several Visitors from the Future of Figure Skating.

bewitched

On the Ice
I am considering going with a friend, it would be amazing to see 3A live... I think we will wait till the entries list is ready (11.02?)

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Tickets are so cheap :eeking:

I think I must try and go, I won't get an opportunity to see some of these skaters when they are senior for that kind of money! And I'd love to watch Alena, Mishina/Galliamov, Shevchenko/Eremenko, Gogolev, Gummenik and so many more! Awesome :)

Does anyone know of any safe and well-priced hotels or Air BnBs near the rink?

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
I'm considering strongly to go too. Will know for sure in next weeks.

Thanks for the link!! I'll be going for sure, I'm so excited and would love to meet up if y'all are going as well [emoji3]

Hiya! I think I'm going to go as well provided I can get the week off work :)

I went to see IdF live, and it was Mrs. P's suggestion to set up a Slack group, so we can communicate! There's already a Golden Skate one, and I could set up a Junior Worlds Channel. Just send me a PM if you're interested, and if you want to join I'll need your email address.

I think given that the stands will be fairly empty, it'd be great if a group of us could sit together and cheer on all the skaters loudly! I'll also be attending on my own, so it would be great to keep company and make some skating friends :)

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Tickets are so cheap :eeking:

I think I must try and go, I won't get an opportunity to see some of these skaters when they are senior for that kind of money! And I'd love to watch Alena, Mishina/Galliamov, Shevchenko/Eremenko, Gogolev, Gummenik and so many more! Awesome :)

Does anyone know of any safe and well-priced hotels or Air BnBs near the rink?

You are absolutely right, for very little money you can get a front row seat to what is probably the most exciting competition in the year. Seeing Tutberidze's Three Awesome Aces live is an opportunity not to be missed.

Zagreb is fairly safe, I suggest you contact the local organising committee and ask them for directions and names/numbers/addresses of reputable renting agencies. Or peruse the website of the Zagreb tourist board for links to agencies or even individuals renting out rooms etc. Then there are youth hostels, etc.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Don't I wish! Croatia is supposed to be beautiful, not to mention the skating.

TheBallerina

#teamtutberidze
Record Breaker
I've just bought my tickets, too! Hoping to meet you guys, there.

I am so excited to watch the 3A, it will be an amazing competition! :love:

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker

You are absolutely right. Being able to watch, cheer for and most likely meet Tutberidze's Three Awesome Aces is an opportunity not to be missed. Plus lots of other nice skaters from all over the world that will bring lots of excitement.
Tickets are so cheap, Zagreb isn't the most expensive city to spend a pleasurable short week, and you'll be able to meet some of GS members for real :)

Who knows what happens next season, figure skating is a fiddly sport.

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom

Awesome!!! See you there :)

I've set up a channel on the Golden Skate Slack - if you'd like to join (there's only three of us so far so please do!) Just PM me your email and I'll send the invite. We can discuss Zagreb/meeting etc :)

Last edited:

zounger

Medalist
Everything booked from my side. It's not sure 100% that i will come yet. So hopefully see you there :biggrin: