Italian National Championships, 13–16 December 2017 | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Italian National Championships, 13–16 December 2017

Andrea82

Medalist
Both Della Monica/Guarise and Marchei/Hotarek go to the Olympics - right?

yes, 2 spots.

The recap of the Championships on Italian Skating Federation webpage pretty much confirms the selection for Pyeongchang.
https://www.fisg.it/web/figura-ancora-carolina-kostner-la-regina-dei-campionati-italiani/

Matteo Rizzo

Carolina Kostner

Giada Russo

Nicole Della Monica/Matteo Guarise

Valentina Marchei/Ondrej Hotarek

Anna Cappellini/Luca Lanotte

Charléne Guignard/Marco Fabbri

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
yes, 2 spots.

The recap of the Championships on Italian Skating Federation webpage pretty much confirms the selection for Pyeongchang.
https://www.fisg.it/web/figura-ancora-carolina-kostner-la-regina-dei-campionati-italiani/

Matteo Rizzo

Carolina Kostner

Giada Russo

That is a big team. Surely, they will go into the LP/FD part of the team event, there is so many good skaters... I'd love to see a surprise bronze medal for Italy !

Weathergal

Medalist
yes, 2 spots.

Matteo Rizzo

Carolina Kostner

Giada Russo

Wow, that is a great contingent - looks like Italy will be well represented! And can I just say I am THRILLED for Giada Russo!

Unfortunately I'm sad for Ivan Righini. Matteo Rizzo was obviously the right choice since they only had one slot, but I've always had a soft spot for Ivan. A few years ago, he seemed to really be putting things together, but the past two seasons he's struggled more. I hope he'll have a chance to go to Euros and/or Worlds.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
39.64 PCS? Sure, I know that it's a national and all but come on...

Well, at least she seems to have landed a 3-3 combo here. Hopefully she can do that internationally as well.

39. 64 PCS?

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Ahhh, they should have gone for 40. I mean if you're throwing a party, then throw a party!
Good on her for landing the 3-3 though.

That's obviously super high PCS compared to what she'd get internationally, but it was totally deserved for a Nationals - she basically skated as well as she can skate, and upgraded her difficulty. And even then judges weren't +3's for everything (particularly her spins). The 4-triple FS getting 77 PCS though was crazy though (even with Nationals scoring).

After seeing Javier get 10.00s with a fall in both his SP and FS, I don't find Kostner getting almost perfect PCS for a clean SP that egregious.

Super excited that she's upgraded though, and has added her lutz again... makes her that much more of a podium contender. Would love to see her snag another Olympic medal 4 years after we thought she'd retire after Sochi.

lavoix

Match Penalty
I only just realised now that Kostner used this FP back in 2010/2011
Interesting program to return to!

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
39. 64 PCS?

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Ahhh, they should have gone for 40. I mean if you're throwing a party, then throw a party!
Good on her for landing the 3-3 though.

To me it seemed like Rizzo has had an edge all season so not surprising it's holding. Got to wait for the FS though I doubt the order will change.
Oh come on people. It's Christmas time. The judges are just in the Christmas spirit. This is a huge gift to Carolina in the spirit of giving and the SEason.