3. Natalie D'ALESSANDRO / Bruce WADDELL - 135.42
4. Loicia DEMOUGEOT / Theo LE MERCIER - 133.80
5. Emma GUNTER / Caleb WEIN - 131.35
6. Miku MAKITA / Tyler GUNARA - 129.64
7. Polina IVANENKO / Daniil KARPOV - 124.52
8. Matilda FRIEND / William BADAOUI - 109.43
9. Gaukhar NAURYZOVA / Boyisangur DATIEV - 100.47
10. Xizi CHEN / Jianing XING - 100.20

Ksenia KONKINA / Alexander VAKHNOV - also a new partnership; both partners, particularly him, had success in old partnerships. Definitely the biggest wildcard.

Chloe Dan TSOI / Long You Zimou WANG - these two don't even have an ISU bio, and a web search turned up no other results.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
4. Miku MAKITA / Tyler GUNARA - 129.64

Just for clarification's sake, this score is from the junior division of this summer's Lake Placid Ice Dance International. (Where M&G finished 2nd to Gunter & Wein, and both teams split dances).

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Just for clarification's sake, this score is from the junior division of this summer's Lake Placid Ice Dance International. (Where M&G finished 2nd to Gunter & Wein, and both teams split dances).
I updated Gunter/Wein's placement on the list to reflect that score as well, for consistency's sake.

Country
Russia
Junior Dance (Main Entries) in order of Personal Best
In ( ) - best unofficial, at competitions which don't give ISU Best, only for skaters who haven't ISU Best.
"new" means best of this season, new best is significantly higher than previous because of change of rules, so couples are sorted by previous best.

1 Ksenia KONKINA / Alexander VAKHNOV RUS (new 159.63)
2 Marjorie LAJOIE / Zachary LAGHA CAN 150.30 new 153.79
3 Miku MAKITA / Tyler GUNARA CAN (138.98)
4 Eliana GROPMAN / Ian SOMERVILLE USA 127.60 new 148.51
5 Polina IVANENKO / Daniil KARPOV RUS 124.52
6 Loicia DEMOUGEOT / Theo LE MERCIER FRA 118.17 new 133.58
7 Natalie D'ALESSANDRO / Bruce WADDELL CAN 113.25 new 135.42
8 Emma GUNTER / Caleb WEIN USA 113.08
9 Xizi CHEN / Jianing XING CHN new 100.20
10 Matilda FRIEND / William BADAOUI AUS 92.05 new 109.43

Chloe Dan TSOI / Long You Zimou WANG TPE -

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
AlexRus,

MAKITA / GUNARA and GUNTER WEIN competed at Lake Placid and were scored by a panel of ISU judges.
The score you are showing for MAKITA / GUNARA is from a Canadian summer competition and the score for GUNTER / WEIN is an old score from a 2017 JGP.

Here are the ISU scores for these two teams:

GUNTER / WEIN 131.35
MAKITA / GUNARA 129.64

Country
Russia
chuckm, it is info to keep in mind, anyway situation in dance is not so simple and can not be directly treated by scores.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Then why do you list the competitors IN ORDER by scores that are not valid?

Country
Russia
Then why do you list the competitors IN ORDER by scores that are not valid?
What scores are valid, if we have:
- ISU Season Best by previous rules
- ISU Season Best for new rules, which give higher scores
- various non-ISU scores.

It's hardly possible to choose most valid scores.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I would think a recent score from an ISU-judged event (Lake Placid) is more valid for comparison than a score from a 2017 JGP event (GUNTER / WEIN)
I would also think an ISU-judged event score (Lake Placid) is more valid for comparison than a score from a Canadian summer competition (MAKITA / GUNARA)

I just question your choice of those particular scores in ranking the teams highest to lowest.

Last week, you ranked NGUYEN / KOLESNIK really low because you used a score from the 2017 JGP. Hence my validity question.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
What scores are valid, if we have:
- ISU Season Best by previous rules
- ISU Season Best for new rules, which give higher scores
- various non-ISU scores.

It's hardly possible to choose most valid scores.

There's really no winning with the dance scores this season, is there Alex? Fortunately we are almost past the halfway point on the JGP so most of the competitive teams will have an updated score. (Except Lagouge & Rahier, Kazakova & Reviya, Fisher & Mallette-Paquette--should they managed to stay on the lists & not have to withdraw as the Greens just did from Ostrava).

Personally, at this point, I would just list all the ISU scores--note which ones are from last season--and leave the teams that don't have an ISU score at the bottom of the list. Those teams will get one at the event, and then we will have one. But that's just me. I really value and appreciate all the time you have spent.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Hope judges appreciate M/G’s Argentine Tango, still my favourite this season in terms of the use of their free legs, capturing the passion at such a young age, costume colour scheme, and incorporating underappriciated tango pieces.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
I like their tango also. I was a little sorry they were invited to this event because I thought maybe if they traveled away from Canada and scored well, it might help them break through more in the Canadian field. (Instead they end up going against the only two experienced Canadian teams on the JGP thus far). But nonetheless, I'm glad M&G have an event, and I wish them a good start.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
I like their tango also. I was a little sorry they were invited to this event because I thought maybe if they traveled away from Canada and scored well, it might help them break through more in the Canadian field. (Instead they end up going against the only two experienced Canadian teams on the JGP thus far). But nonetheless, I'm glad M&G have an event, and I wish them a good start.

A bit sad that M/G got such a low score today; they got nailed on the levels, hitting no key points on the pattern. At least the judges did recognize that their CO is their highest component. They don't seem to be as sharp as they were when they skated their AT earlier in the summer. Tyler has had bandaged wrist since BC Summerskate, so maybe a minor injury? Anyway, they can still put up a decent score in the FD and they're still pretty young so lots of time to develop.