RHYTHM DANCE

Thursday, September 13, 2018, 15:30PDT, UTC-7 hours

Time in Other Places

Start Order​

No.
Name
Nation
Matilda FRIEND / William BADAOUI
RD: Tango: "Scent of a woman" by Thomas Newman; Tango: "Otra Luna" by Narcotango; Tango: "Scent of a woman" by Thomas Newman; choreo by Nikolai Morozov
FD: "Million Reasons" by Lady Gaga; "Someone Like You' by Adele; choreo by Nikolai Morozov
AUS
Natalie D'ALESSANDRO / Bruce WADDELL
RD: Argentine Tango: "Querer" by Rene Dupere (Cirque du Soleil); Tango: "Toreado" by Rene Dupere (Cirque du Soleil); choreo by Marie-France Dubreuil, Romain Haguenauer
FD: "Malaguena" by Ernesto Lecuona; Carmen Suite by Rodion Shchedrich; choreo by Marie-France Dubreuil, Romain Haguenauer
CAN
Marjorie LAJOIE / Zachary LAGHA
RD: Tango: "Perro Viejo" performed by Otros Aires; Tango: "Otro Puente Alsina," performed by Otros Aires, Tango: "Essa" performed by Otros Aires; choreo by R. Haguenauer, G. Cournoyer, M.F. Dubreuil
FD: "Warsaw Concerto" by Richard Addinsell; choreo by R. Haguenauer, G. Cournoyer, M.F. Dubreuil
CAN
Miku MAKITA / Tyler GUNARA
RD: "El Huaracan" by Florindo Sassone y su Orquestra; "Tus Ojos de Cielo" by Lisandro Androver; choreo by Aaron Lowe, Megan Wing
FD: "First Date" by Edvin Marton; "Rain" by Simply Three; choreo by Aaron Lowe, Megan Wing
CAN
WD
Olivia MCISAAC / Corey CIRCELLI
RD: Foxtrot: "Ouverture" (from "Chicago" soundtrack) by Fred Ebb, John Kander; Foxtrot: "All That Jazz" (from "Chicago" soundtrack) by Fred Ebb, John Kander; Tango: "Cell Block Tango" (from "Chicago" soundtrack) by Fred Ebb, John Kander; choreo by Kelly Johnson, Romain Haguenauer
FD: "There Will Be Time" by Mumford & Sons, Baaba Maal; choreo by Kelly Johnson, Romain Haguenauer
CAN
Xizi CHEN / Jianing XING
RD: Tango: "La Cumparsita;" choreo by Jamie White, Xun Zheng
FD: "Caught Out in the Rain" by Beth Hart; "Another One Bites the Dust" by Queen; choreo by Jamie White, Xun Zheng
CHN
Chloe Dan TSOI / Long You Zimou WANG
TPE
Loicia DEMOUGEOT / Theo LE MERCIER
RD: Tango: Codigo de Barras by Bajofondo; choreo by Karine Arribert-Narce
FD: "Killing the Name Tab" by Rage Against the Machine; "Nothing Else Matters" by Metallica; "Born to be Wild" (Easy Rider) by Steppenwolf; choreo by Karine Arribert-Narce
FRA
WD
Gaukhar NAURYZOVA / Boyisangur DATIEV
KAZ
Polina IVANENKO / Daniil KARPOV
RD: Tango; choreo by Mikhail Kolegov
FD: Peter Gunn (soundtrack); choreo by Mikhail Kolegov
RUS
Ksenia KONKINA / Alexander VAKHNOV
RD: Tango: "Asi se baila el Tango" performed by Veronica Verdier; Tango: "Tanguera" performed by Sexteto Mayor; choreo by Elena Borisova, Jonathan Guerreiro
FD: Spartacus by Aram Khatchaturian; choreo by Elena Borisova, Jonathan Guerreiro
RUS
Eliana GROPMAN / Ian SOMERVILLE
RD: Tango: "Nuevo Tango" by Cuarteto Nuevo Tango; Argentine Tango: "La Cascada" by Seoan (ft. Kathy); Tango: "Nuevo Tango" by Cuarteto Nuevo Tango; choreo by Elena Novak, Gregjavasc Zuerlein, Natalia Korikova
FD: "Bim Bam Boum" (from Mozart l’Opéra Rock) by Dove Attia, Francois Castello, Rodrigue Janois; "Le Bien Qui Fait Mal" (from Mozart l’Opéra Rock) by Dove Attia, Francois Castello, Rodrigue Janois; choreo by Elena Novak, Gregjavasc Zuerlein, Natalia Korikova
USA
Emma GUNTER / Caleb WEIN
RD: Argentine Tango: " Peligro" by Gotan ProjectSamba: "The Beat Goes On" by Sonny Bono; choreo by Elena Novak, Alexei Kiliakov, Natalia Skorikova
FD: "Oh Me Oh My" by Jim Doris performed by Beth Hart; "Something's Got a Hold on Me" performed by Beth Hart, Joe Bonamassa; choreo by Elena Novak, Alexei Kiliakov, Natalia Skorikova
USA
08 September 2018 18:10:13

Last edited by a moderator:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Unfortunately, Thursday is the ONE day of the week that I spend the whole day with my Mom, and I cannot rearrange that. I had no idea when I agreed to to the PBP that most Junior events stat on Thursdays. I will be here tomorrow to do the pbp. Thurdays are just not at all flexible for me. My apologies.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I just got back. Woohoo. So I didn't prep the usual way but I'll fix it after the event and make it all pretty. Doris, please chime in anyway. It has been a GENUINE PLEASURE to see you commenting on dance again (you make me feel smart because I agree with you 99% of the time :slink:)....

OK, let me make some coffee and see what I can get together here.

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
Since I am not that emotionally invested in today's US Classic events, I'm going to watch this. Even though I'm not that familiar with junior dance teams.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Since I am not that emotionally invested in today's US Classic events, I'm going to watch this. Even though I'm not that familiar with junior dance teams.

Junior dance has surprised me. It definitely is a rebuilding period, but there are quite a large number of couples who are showing great potential for the future. And in dance, patience is a virtue, because it can take quite a long time for a couple to gel.

Later, when they do, you get to have bragging rights. "I saw their potential years ago when they were Juniors."

:2thumbs:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Doris is a-mazing at giving the pbp. She is THE MAN! But I really enjoy reading everyone's pbps. Everyone brings a different flavour to their reporting.

BTW.. I'm gritting my teeth at the moment so someone needs to make me laugh.

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
Doris is a-mazing at giving the pbp. She is THE MAN! But I really enjoy reading everyone's pbps. Everyone brings a different flavour to their reporting.

BTW.. I'm gritting my teeth at the moment so someone needs to make me laugh.

I know nothing about dance. :slink:

I accidentally threw a computer at myself today? :slink:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Miku MAKITA / Tyler GUNARA
Music: El Huaracan by Florindo Sassone y su Orquestra / Tus Ojos de Cielo by Lisandro Androver
Choreography by: Aaron Lowe, Megan Wing
Costumes: She's in a lovely purple and black dress with a cut out back with black straps; he's in basic black with purple shirt

Required Elements:

AT - they need to watch their free leg. They could extend it more
Into out of sync Twizzles (a bit shakey there guys)
Diagonal Step Seq.
Rotational Lift.

They actually have some good expression but everything could be more extended, sharper. She's quite a performer, or at least I'm see potential there.

Score: 46.49 (23.69 TES, 22.80 PCS)

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I'm choosing juniors today it seems. I did watch some of the ladies of Lombardia (and nearly wanted to stick cotton batting in my ears)

pearly

Record Breaker
Fun fact: Por una cabesa would never be played even at a semi-decent milonga (social tango dance event).

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
My two cents: the only error I can detect is asynchronous twizzles. :slink:

(M/G were nice but I didn't feel anything, F/B had a cool starting pose...)

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I'm choosing juniors today it seems. I did watch some of the ladies of Lombardia (and nearly wanted to stick cotton batting in my ears)

Lombardia had some good men. Shoma was clean, Dmitri Aliev has a beautiful program (one fall), Matteo Rizzo had a very nice, clean performance. And Andrei Lazukin did quite well too. If you want to go back and watch any later.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Matilda FRIEND / William BADAOUI
Music: Tango: Scent of a woman by Thomas Newman / Tango: Otra Luna by Narcotango / Tango: Scent of a woman by Thomas Newman
Choreography by: Nikolai Morozov
Costumes: She in black dress with red highlights and quite a bit of fringe. Not my cuppa--she looks like she's wearing something torn off a couch. He's in a white shirt with black pants and vest.

Required Elements:

NT ST Seq - MUCH improved from Bratislava.
AT Pattern - they need to watch a tendency to hunch forward at points. The rolls were quite good and musical
Straight Line Lift - Also improved, he's steadier.
Twizzles - she fell on the last set. Darn three turn got her! Whoops.

Score - 38.47 (

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Fun fact: Por una cabesa would never be played even at a semi-decent milonga (social tango dance event).

This is a fascinating statement. Could you expand on it for those of us who love tangos but don't actually know much about them?

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Lombardia had some good men. Shoma was clean, Dmitri Aliev has a beautiful program (one fall), Matteo Rizzo had a very nice, clean performance. And Andrei Lazukin did quite well too. If you want to go back and watch any later.

I am a huge Shoma fan so I probably will. I was busy today. This is a crazy 3 days for skating. 2 Challenger events and 1 jr GP. There is no way I can watch it all but I am a big fan of Shoma, Aliev and I enjoyed Matteo at the Olympics. I do not know Lazukin.