2018 JGP Canada Rhythm Dance | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2018 JGP Canada Rhythm Dance

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Eliana GROPMAN / Ian SOMERVILLE
Music: Tango: Nuevo Tango by Cuarteto Nuevo Tango / Argentine Tango: La Cascada by Seoan (ft. Kathy) / Tango: Nuevo Tango by Cuarteto Nuevo Tango
Choreography by: Elena Novak, Gregjavasc Zuerlein, Natalia Korikova...
)

:eek: Is this a Wheaton in- joke or is Greg Zuerlein' s real first name Gregjavasc :eek:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
They look like they have more flow, speed and difficulty than most other teams. Maybe I wasn't watching close enough, but I was surprised by the low score.

Thank you for your tango post earlier. Very informative.

Yes, I thought D'A/W did a MUCH better job this go round. But they're new and they're still in the "earning their dues" stage. But she really does have amazing maturity for her age. They also suffer from the same problem most junior teams have: connecting as a couple. But that takes time. Juniors to me is more about seeing potential and less about finished products. The "finished product" type juniors don't tend to do as well in Seniors do they? Hmmm, that might be something interesting to look at.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
So, Marjorie and Zach are five points ahead of second place. That's a very secure position to be in for gold, barring disaster in the free.

Quite a pileup for the silver and bronze medals, though, with the second- through sixth-placed teams each separated by about a point.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Sorry I missed the event and did no pbp.

https://www.wcvb.com/article/lawrence-massachusetts-multiple-fires-gas-pressurization/23120524

@ancientpeas, my son's family had a worse day than most. The above news article is about their town. I missed the RD while they explained the situation to me, that they are all ok, and their house is OK,but they have a house full of people displaced by the explosions, and 4 exits off the interstate to their town are closed, so I probably can't visit them tomorrow.

Last edited:

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
https://www.wcvb.com/article/lawrence-massachusetts-multiple-fires-gas-pressurization/23120524

@ancientpeas, my son's family had a worse day than most. The above news article is about their town. I missed the RD while they explained the situation to me, that they are all ok, and their house is OK,but they have a house full of people displaced by the explosions, and 4 exits off the interstate to their town are closed, so I probably can't visit them tomorrow.
Yikes.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker

Thank God they're all ok and the house. They earn Bonus Karma points for being such good neighbors. I will say a prayer for them.

I got home early and did the pbp, but in a case like this, heck watch youtube and read the protocols. PBPs can wait. Family first.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker

I heard about it on the radio on my way back from work. Glad to hear your son's family is safe, Doris.

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
^^ so shocking!! Hope your family and their neighbors stays well and out of harm's way. I know that Lawrence, Andover/North Andover corridor very well having traveled it daily for many years. Tho the cleanest burning fuel, natural gas has its drawbacks; I had it In my NH home and slept with one eye open after a similar explosion occurred leveling a home not far from mine late one very cold February night. Such occurrences were more common than one might think especially with outdated, antiquated heating systems. I had a passing acquaintance with the homeowner who died in the explosion as he frequented the local flea markets in the area.. his cat also died .. drove there the next morning .. nothing but a big black smoking hole where the house had stood... just awful.

likevelvet

#Bless this mess
On the Ice
Country
United-States
Unrelated to the skating, but I was so happy that Ted read my email on the air :hap93:

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
This may seem so superficial, but what's bothering me when I am watching Konkina and Vakhnov skate their RD is Vakhnov's trousers. I think they are slightly too wide - they are obscuring/concealing (or whatever the right word is) his leg line and making him and his skating seem a bit heavy next to Konkina. I hope they will change those trousers, but it's not very likely.

likevelvet

#Bless this mess
On the Ice
Country
United-States
Oh cool! I missed most of the ice dance, what did you say? :biggrin:

I said that it's wonderful that figure skating is a global community, even more so nowadays that we can all watch together online. :ghug:

"That is so true" - Ted