2018 JGP Linz: Ice Dance pre-game chat | Golden Skate

2018 JGP Linz: Ice Dance pre-game chat

Who will win Gold?

• Marjorie LAJOIE / Zachary LAGHA (CAN)

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Sofia SHEVCHENKO / Igor EREMENKO (RUS)

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Jocelyn HAINES / James KOSZUTA (USA)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Eva KUTS / Dmitrii MIKHAILOV (RUS)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Natalie D'ALESSANDRO / Bruce WADDELL (CAN)

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Considering that there are seven JGP events, it’s somewhat surprising to see two of the three remaining top teams from 2018 Junior Worlds facing off right out of the gate. Lajoie/Lagha vs. Shevchenko/Eremenko should be an exciting match.

Country
Russia
Junior Dance (Main Entries) in order of Personal Best
In ( ) - best unofficial, at competitions which don't give ISU Best, only for skaters who haven't ISU Best.

1 Marjorie LAJOIE / Zachary LAGHA CAN 150.30
2 Sofia SHEVCHENKO / Igor EREMENKO RUS 145.85
3 Jocelyn HAINES / James KOSZUTA USA (126.59 JrNats)
4 Eva KUTS / Dmitrii MIKHAILOV RUS 121.69
5 Natalie D'ALESSANDRO / Bruce WADDELL CAN 113.25
6 Lou TERREAU / Noe PERRON FRA (109.17)
7 Charise MATTHAEI / Maximilian PFISTERER GER 105.45
8 Sara CAMPANINI / Francesco RIVA ITA (103.72)
9 Sophia ELDER / Christopher ELDER USA 94.70
10 Matilda FRIEND / William BADAOUI AUS 92.05
11 Xizi CHEN / Jianing XING CHN (80.32)
12 Corinna HUBER / Patrik HUBER AUT (59.98)

Alice ROGATNIK / Yehor BARSHAK ISR -

Last edited:

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Very excited to see S/E vs L/L. S/E had my favourite junior programs last season, musical and innovative. Looking forward to their debut. L/L had a great showing in Quebec, love their FD especially with their excellent flow. May the best win!

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I loved L/L's Argentine Tango at Quebec Summer Skate. Very interesting and mature. Their FD suited them very well too. And lovely costumes as a bonus.

S/E had an interesting FD last season, so I'm looking forward to seeing their programs this year.

Also excited to see how D'Alessandro/Waddell stack up internationally. Their FD was scoring very well this summer for them. I expect to see them score much better than last season on the JGP.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
If you look at last season, L/L and S/E faced off three times (JGP Croatia, the JGP Final, and Junior Worlds). L/L placed ahead of them 2 of the 3 times, but in all three times the breakdown of the short dance/free dance was different.

L/L won the short dance (by which I mean, they placed ahead of S/E; strictly speaking, neither team won at the JGP Final or Junior Worlds) in all three events. In Croatia, they also won the free. In the JGP Final, S/E won the free and moved ahead of L/L in the rankings. At Junior Worlds, S/E won the free, but not by enough to move ahead of L/L in the rankings.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Just adding that Shevchenko & Eremenko botched the twizzles in the SD at Junior Worlds. Their PCS was actually higher than L&L in the SD, and L&L--who lost levels in the free--actually had higher PCS in the FD. Irony.

Should be interesting.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Music selection for Russian teams looks quite interesting, Kuts/Mikhailov have Alt-J for their FD, one of my favourite songs of theirs... Actually would love to see more edgy modern stuff as ID programs.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Music selection for Russian teams looks quite interesting, Kuts/Mikhailov have Alt-J for their FD, one of my favourite songs of theirs... Actually would love to see more edgy modern stuff as ID programs.

I do not know this music. I'm not sure if I want to youtube it or be surprised by it. I kind of like to be surprised by music and costumes since my actual knowledge of ice dance is limited to "do I like it or not".

I didn't watch any of the ID from Bratislava but I'm going to make the attempt to at least see the second half of the PD tomorrow.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
I do not know this music. I'm not sure if I want to youtube it or be surprised by it. I kind of like to be surprised by music and costumes since my actual knowledge of ice dance is limited to "do I like it or not".

I didn't watch any of the ID from Bratislava but I'm going to make the attempt to at least see the second half of the PD tomorrow.

FYI, the expected battle for gold will be in the first two of the three groups tomorrow. Shevchenko & Eremenko are up 4th and Lajoie & Lagha are up 7th.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker

You're right, good to see that S/E are using three songs that I have never heard of before, let alone in FS. Should be in for a nice surprise on Saturday:

Intro by Onuka
Witchdoctor by Camo & Krooked
Lijo by Alina Orlova

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Couldn't find any music selections or choreographic info for the Chinese dancers. If someone could fill that in that would be great. With trying to get a description of each couples' costumes down before they start, I don't have a chance to listen for that info. Thanks!

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I'm in diire need of :bed: but I'll have to make do with :coffee:

I sense a whole buncha tpyos in my immediate future!

TheBallerina

#teamtutberidze
Record Breaker
Hello everyone and good luck to all the skaters :agree: So eager to see the battle between L/L and S/E (even our pool shows how close will it be) :biggrin: