Random Confessions | Page 49 | Golden Skate

Random Confessions

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Went on holiday worrying because I thought that an older woman I am friends with on Facebook was trying to set me up with her underage daughter.

Came home on cloud 9 because I met a girl who could very well be "the one". We just hit it off straight away - it was as if we had been friends all our lives.

And just to avoid any confusion, these two statements are NOT connected.

CaroLiza_fan

:eeking:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

Which part are you eeking at? The scary first statement or the happy second statement? :biggrin:

By the way, it goes without saying that the girl in the second statement is older.

CaroLiza_fan

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Which part are you eeking at? The scary first statement or the happy second statement? :biggrin:

By the way, it goes without saying that the girl in the second statement is older.

CaroLiza_fan

i didn't read the second statement.. LOL.. i was too much:dbana:
in shock after the first LOL..

I joke a lot about beautiful skaters :) but i don't make comments about juniors and that goes up until 19-20 LOL... so can you imagine my reaction when I read "underage"?

but happy to read now the second statement... we usually know when it's the right one... i am weird that way though i just know when it's not the right one... :)

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
i didn't read the second statement.. LOL.. i was too much:dbana:
in shock after the first LOL..

I joke a lot about beautiful skaters :) but i don't make comments about juniors and that goes up until 19-20 LOL... so can you imagine my reaction when I read "underage"

Yeah, you can imagine my reaction when I started to realise a few months ago. Before that, I was worrying that the mother was after a toyboy. But then she said something that seemed very strange. And after thinking about it for a few days, it hit me that she was maybe after a son-in-law instead. Understandably, I distanced myself from them, but it has been praying on mind ever since.

It isn't quite as bad as it sounds, because the daughter is 15 1/2. But that is still underage (and half my age! :eek: )

but happy to read now the second statement... we usually know when it's the right one... i am weird that way though i just know when it's not the right one... :)

It was amazing! Like, normally when I meet somebody for the first time, I am so shy and awkward. But when I met this girl, everything was so natural. There was so much chemistry.

Just a pity she lives 3,000 miles away...

CaroLiza_fan

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Im trying to figure out a way to miss work so I can watch one of my favorite skaters compete tomorrow.

https://instagram.com/p/BZC5mS9HirH/

I was tempted to this morning. Call in sick and sit on my couch and watch Andrew and Jordan and Max and Paris and Matthew. I didn't. Went to work like a responsible adult. Checked my phone only on my breaks like a responsible adult. Dutifully didn't scream and swear out loud like a responsible adult.

My confession is that I just spent the last ten minutes storming around my house cussing out the USFS for always being so damn inconsistent in their messaging and pulling the rug out from under Max, AGAIN.

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
I drove up to Seattle (3 hours away) today to get my new skates fitted (yay! no more duct tape!) and stopped at Starbucks on the way there. I was so close to getting a Pumpkin Spice Latte but prevailed against it (I don't care that it's the most basic thing ever- my rule is seasonal things in season, so no PSL until actual fall).

I am probably more proud of myself than I should be over winning a battle against sugary coffee.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Earlier today I went into a gas station and picked up a bottle of water and headed to the counter. I told the cashier I also needed $20 in gas on pump 3. I then got into my car and drove off without putting gas in my car. I was about twenty minutes away from the gas station when my low fuel light came on. Lol...I'm an idiot :slink:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Earlier today I went into a gas station and picked up a bottle of water and headed to the counter. I told the cashier I also needed $20 in gas on pump 3. I then got into my car and drove off without putting gas in my car. I was about twenty minutes away from the gas station when my low fuel light came on. Lol...I'm an idiot :slink:

Reasons why American fuel stations are silly. *nods wisely*

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
So random confession from my past.

A few months ago, I was packing things in my car, had totally lost tracked of my cell phone and then closed my trunk door and hear a big cracking sound. I had wrecked my iPhone. It happened right before meeting sabinfire who was in town for work. Instead of a dinner talking about skating and indie music, he had to endure my "OH NO WHAT AM I GOING TO DO?! MY HUSBAND IS GOING TO KILL ME." laments as well as my tears as I confessed breaking my phone to Mr. P over the phone. Forum friends are good ones to have, LOL.

I think he's not posting here cause of this incident. Just kidding. :laugh:

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
So random confession from my past.

A few months ago, I was packing things in my car, had totally lost tracked of my cell phone and then closed my trunk door and hear a big cracking sound. I had wrecked my iPhone. It happened right before meeting sabinfire who was in town for work. Instead of a dinner talking about skating and indie music, he had to endure my "OH NO WHAT AM I GOING TO DO?! MY HUSBAND IS GOING TO KILL ME." laments as well as my tears as I confessed breaking my phone to Mr. P over the phone. Forum friends are good ones to have, LOL.

I think he's not posting here cause of this incident. Just kidding. :laugh:

:eek: I hope you got everything squared away with the iphone incident!:console:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker

Did you prepay the $20?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I LOVE my job, it's great. No, really, it is...

but I have a coworker who has no understanding of Sarcasm (aka my "Love Language") so it's hard for us to communicate. And then she tries to be funny, and she just isn't. Plus she is super needy, she hates being in her office alone, so she keeps coming into my office to chit chat. I am an introvert of epic proportions, I don't do small talk. I like quiet. She thinks this is "fixable" if she just keeps talking at me. (key phrase AT ME because she really doesn't want a conversation, she just wants to hear herself talk). If you tell her that it's not a good time to talk it's like I've kicked her dog. She gets upset. I get wanting to have a good working relationship or a friendsihp (I do think she is lonely and that work is where she gets her human interaction) but I need to be able to get my work done!

Today's thing was she followed me around and treated me like I was a complete moron who doesn't know how to do my job (mind you she is not my supervisor) after 6 hours I'd had enough and when I stayed late to meet a client I guess I did rudely tell her that no I did NOT need her help I was more than capable. I did say "please leave" but I do have issues with tone of voice.

So now I feel bad... this is my problem. When I stick up for myself I don't do it "right" and I end up feeling bad. :laugh:

Didn't mean to rant, guess I needed to though. Cookies to those that read this lol

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Did you prepay the $20?
PrePaid and then drove away. Like an idiot and was too embarrassed to go back :eek::

Anyone else ever driven away with the fuel handle still in your car. I'm totally guilty of that brilliant move too.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
PrePaid and then drove away. Like an idiot and was too embarrassed to go back :eek::

Anyone else ever driven away with the fuel handle still in your car. I'm totally guilty of that brilliant move too.

Then you should've gone back, if there was enough gas to get you there. :) I'm sure this was not the first time this had happened at the gas station. But so what if it was? Everything was on record and they owed you $20 worth of gas.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Ok, enough about gas stations.

I'm craving Krispy Kremes which is odd because I normally don't eat those things and also because well there isn't a shop anywhere near where I am right now.:rofl:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I LOVE my job, it's great. No, really, it is...

but I have a coworker who has no understanding of Sarcasm (aka my "Love Language") so it's hard for us to communicate. And then she tries to be funny, and she just isn't. Plus she is super needy, she hates being in her office alone, so she keeps coming into my office to chit chat. I am an introvert of epic proportions, I don't do small talk. I like quiet. She thinks this is "fixable" if she just keeps talking at me. (key phrase AT ME because she really doesn't want a conversation, she just wants to hear herself talk). If you tell her that it's not a good time to talk it's like I've kicked her dog. She gets upset. I get wanting to have a good working relationship or a friendsihp (I do think she is lonely and that work is where she gets her human interaction) but I need to be able to get my work done!

Today's thing was she followed me around and treated me like I was a complete moron who doesn't know how to do my job (mind you she is not my supervisor) after 6 hours I'd had enough and when I stayed late to meet a client I guess I did rudely tell her that no I did NOT need her help I was more than capable. I did say "please leave" but I do have issues with tone of voice.

So now I feel bad... this is my problem. When I stick up for myself I don't do it "right" and I end up feeling bad. :laugh:

Didn't mean to rant, guess I needed to though. Cookies to those that read this lol

Too bad I don't like cookies.

Your major but corrigible problem is feeling bad for sticking up for yourself. This co-worker seems needy and insecure about something. What is her job and why is she not doing it? is she simply killing time because there is no work for her to do? Why does you target you? How does the supervisor feel about this situation? If s/he does not know about the harassment, s/he should know about work not being done. You need to ascertain that your job performance is not compromised and misjudged. It seems a solution is to make sure this co-worker is busy with real work.