Russian Championships: Nationals Predictions Game Round 1 | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Russian Championships: Nationals Predictions Game Round 1

casualfan

On the Ice
I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out how I got 2 bronzes, in Mens and Ladies when I did so poorly in those disciplines all season. I feel a Pairs Gold coming....

Thanks to all the scorers.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Two silvers in singles?! You have to be kidding me:laugh:

And I have 65 pts in pairs:cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Shout out to CaroLiza_fan for being the only one to have Anna on the podium. No one had the winner predicted at all - everyone placed either Alina or Sasha in first.

I would like to say that I had some sort of inspiration, that I knew that she was going to do very well. But it was more mundane than that.

As I explained in the wee write-up accompanying the predictions, I started out by sorting the skaters by absolute PB, and Shcherbakova's and Kostornaya's were very close. All along, I had intended putting Alena on the podium. But, Anna had the slightly higher PB, and I just couldn't bear the idea of being mean to that angelic little face. So, I kept her ahead. And it turned out to be the right decision. :biggrin:

Unfortunately, Zagitova having a nightmare in the FS and the mistake over Vasilieva killed my chances overall. :disapp:

And now that I look at my predictions post, I see that I actually posted the wrong version. :eek: Because I intended to put Samodurova in 8[SUP]th[/SUP] and have Nugumanova outside the Top 10 (and I even said so in the wee write-up accompanying the predictions). :drama:

Moral of the story: don't post your predictions at the last minute (literally the last minute in this case!) Give yourself time to check them.

Not that it would have made any difference to my points, though.

CaroLiza_fan

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
All right, everyone! Ladies scores are in! Since I've done it by hand and am still a little frazzled by the drama, just PM me if you think something is wrong. Scores should be in the spreadsheet soon, hopefully by the end of tomorrow. And, since I scored by hand, I counted predictions with incorrect spellings (there were several). So let's get on with it :)

Gold medalists, with 45 points:
: rachno2, corynna, MrECartman, ragdoll, and Pandicorn :yahoo:

Silver medalists, with 40 points: ruga, elektra blue, invisiblespiral, nathan13, starla16, apgold, The Ballerina, Sugarpova, gonewiththewind25, LanaD, lutz, randomfan, Antyv, Dreamer 57, Fish in the sea, BillNeal, NoNameFace, icedance, and alinaharry :hap10:

Bronze medalists, with 35 points: Spirals For Miles, sunnystars, Mohacz, Sk8rBoii, moonkat, voolfee, SnowWhite, noraa, Jeanie 19, cathlen, Yuzuruu, Koatterce, waterfall braid, AidenAiena, lichi, hyena, casualfan, and Marin :clap:

Shout out to CaroLiza_fan for being the only one to have Anna on the podium. No one had the winner predicted at all - everyone placed either Alina or Sasha in first.
I will be PMing the scores of the "all 18 championship" soon :)

a silver :hap10: i didn't see that coming:biggrin:

LadyB

Record Breaker
Sorry for the delay, I’m abroad for Chrimbo family/friends duties....

Pairs Results:

Goldwith 75 points: apgold, corynna, casualfan, Dreamer57, GINO, Mohacz, moonkat, Pandicorn, ragdoll, SashaJuliaSpins, sweetice.:points: :bow:
Silver: with 70 points: AidenAiena, BraveSkateFan, icedance, LaArdilla, Kittosuni, Marin, randomfan, Step Sequence4. :rock:
Bronze: with 65 points: Azcha, alyssamarie, Baron Vladimir, balabam, Bill Neal, cathlen, Debrah, elektra blue, Fish in the sea, gonewiththewind25, invisiblespiral, Koatterce, lichi, moonstruck, MrECartman, marulia, NoNameFace, ntnext, NYscorp6, rachno2, SnowWhite, sunnystars, voolfee, vesperalvioletta, waterfall braid, Weathergal, Yuzuruu. :hap57:

I’m not sure whether I can fill in the spreadsheet today, other than that, it’ll be there tomorrow.

Please PM me if something is wrong and I’ll fix it!
For all those celebrating: Have a very happy Christmas!

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Sorry for the delay, I’m abroad for Chrimbo family/friends duties....

Pairs Results:

Goldwith 75 points: apgold, corynna, casualfan, Dreamer57, GINO, Mohacz, moonkat, Pandicorn, ragdoll, SashaJuliaSpins, sweetice.:points: :bow:
Silver: with 70 points: AidenAiena, BraveSkateFan, icedance, LaArdilla, Kittosuni, Marin, randomfan, Step Sequence4. :rock:
Bronze: with 65 points: Azcha, alyssamarie, Baron Vladimir, balabam, Bill Neal, cathlen, Debrah, elektra blue, Fish in the sea, gonewiththewind25, invisiblespiral, Koatterce, lichi, moonstruck, MrECartman, marulia, NoNameFace, ntnext, NYscorp6, rachno2, SnowWhite, sunnystars, voolfee, vesperalvioletta, waterfall braid, Weathergal, Yuzuruu. :hap57:

I’m not sure whether I can fill in the spreadsheet today, other than that, it’ll be there tomorrow.

Please PM me if something is wrong and I’ll fix it!
For all those celebrating: Have a very happy Christmas!

:cheer: bronze!

BravesSkateFan

Medalist
All right, everyone! Ladies scores are in! Since I've done it by hand and am still a little frazzled by the drama, just PM me if you think something is wrong. Scores should be in the spreadsheet soon, hopefully by the end of tomorrow. And, since I scored by hand, I counted predictions with incorrect spellings (there were several). So let's get on with it :)

Gold medalists, with 45 points:
: rachno2, corynna, MrECartman, ragdoll, and Pandicorn :yahoo:

Silver medalists, with 40 points: ruga, elektra blue, invisiblespiral, nathan13, starla16, apgold, The Ballerina, Sugarpova, gonewiththewind25, LanaD, lutz, randomfan, Antyv, Dreamer 57, Fish in the sea, BillNeal, NoNameFace, icedance, and alinaharry :hap10:

Bronze medalists, with 35 points: Spirals For Miles, sunnystars, Mohacz, Sk8rBoii, moonkat, voolfee, SnowWhite, noraa, Jeanie 19, cathlen, Yuzuruu, Koatterce, waterfall braid, AidenAiena, lichi, hyena, casualfan, and Marin :clap:

I will be PMing the scores of the "all 18 championship" soon :)

Apologies, but this is my first time playing. Can someone explain what I'm calculating wrong? I'm coming up with 35 points for my predictions which is clearly wrong as my name isn't listed above.. I had Trusova in 1st (came in 2nd so one place off: score 10), Kostornaia in 3rd (finshished 3rd: score 15) and Samodurova in 5th (finished 6th, one place off: score 10). 10+15+10=35. I went back and re-read the rules but must be missing or misunderstanding something.

TIA for clarification

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
A gold in pairs and a silver in ladies, I'll take it.

ETA: and a bronze in dance, so one in every color!

Makes up for me not medaling in ladies or men in Japan

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Apologies, but this is my first time playing. Can someone explain what I'm calculating wrong? I'm coming up with 35 points for my predictions which is clearly wrong as my name isn't listed above.. I had Trusova in 1st (came in 2nd so one place off: score 10), Kostornaia in 3rd (finshished 3rd: score 15) and Samodurova in 5th (finished 6th, one place off: score 10). 10+15+10=35. I went back and re-read the rules but must be missing or misunderstanding something.

TIA for clarification

Nope you're right :)
Will fix above

sweetice

Praise the Ice God
Final Flight
Pairs Results:

I keep thinking about why i always do better on the pairs prediction, while every time i mess'd up in ladies... all that love involved makes me blind ? :laugh:

LadyB

Record Breaker
I also have 65 points.

Pairs
1. Evgenia TARASOVA / Vladimir MOROZOV 15
2. Natalia ZABIIAKO / Alexander ENBERT 15
3. Aleksandra BOIKOVA / Dmitrii KOZLOVSKII 15
4. Alisa EFIMOVA / Alexander KOROVIN 5
5. Anastasia MISHINA / Aleksandr GALLIAMOV 15
6. Polina KOSTIUKOVICH / Dmitrii IALIN -

Yes, sincere apologies! New bronze medal winner: Antyv:cheer:
I’ll fix it in the spreadsheet now.

I keep thinking about why i always do better on the pairs prediction, while every time i mess'd up in ladies... all that love involved makes me blind ? :laugh:

That’s probably why I scored 45 in Pairs! :laugh:

Weathergal

Medalist
Dance Results

GOLD with 60 points: Kittosuni, LanaD, ntnext, Pandicorn, rachno2

SILVER with 55 points: noraaa

BRONZE with 50 points: alinaharry, alyssamarie, apgold, Azcha, Baron Vladimir, BravesSkateFan, casualfan, cathlen, Debrah, Fluture, invisiblespiral, itofan, Klarnet, LaArdilla, Marius, Mohacz, MrECartman, NoNameFace, npavel, NYscorp6, ragdoll, randomfan, SashaJuliaSpins, Spirals for Miles, starla16, Step Sequence4, Sugarpova, voolfee, waterfall braid, Weathergal

I apologize for the delay in posting – thank you everyone for your patience! :thank:

Congratulations to all the medalists! :cheer:

No one had the podium correct, thanks in no small part to Tiffani Zagorski / Jonathan Guerreiro unexpectedly placing seventh instead of third as most people had predicted, along with Sofia Evdokimova / Egor Bazin being the surprise bronze medal winners! Special shout out to Winry, who was the only person who did have Evdokimova / Bazin correctly predicted in third place! :rock:

The other most common errors were having Victoria Sinitsina / Nikita Katsalapov switched with Alexandra Stepanova / Ivan Bukin and Betina Popova / Sergey Mozgov switched with Anastasia Skoptcova / Kirill Aleshin.

I’ve added the scores to the spreadsheet. If you have any corrections, please PM me.

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
I thought I had completely messed up ladies, turns out it was men and ice dance instead :drama:

Silver in ladies and gold in pairs! I will happily take that, thank you! :)