Unusual music choices | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Unusual music choices

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
I can't remember any other Bond girls in recent memory at senior level. I thought the Bond selection was a very refreshing change from all the classical music programs one usually sees, esp. at the Olympics.

Tatiana Rachkova 1992 Olympic LP
- same year and event as Zagorodniuk, but unlike with him, luckily her designer didn't feel the need to actually write "007 girl" on a sticker on her costume! ;)
I agree Yu-Na's Bond SP was great - she made it shine! :)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I can't remember any other Bond girls in recent memory at senior level. I thought the Bond selection was a very refreshing change from all the classical music programs one usually sees, esp. at the Olympics.

Mirai Nagasu's short program this season was a Bond one. To be honest, to claim Yuna using it makes it unusual smacks of ignorance.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Totally agree - but you linked their SD - here's their great FD you mentioned :)

... ooh... Just thought about Nelli Zhiganshina and Alexander Gazsi's "Zombie - Two From The Grave" 2013 FD: this season's programmes didn't have the same impact, but last year's FD was truly "special" ;)

Oops! Thanks, Frenchie for posting the correct link.

And Z/G's Zombie program will be remembered years from now fondly. You don't always have to win a medal to have a winner of a program...

:)

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
:yay: Ahaha, I'm glad I'm not the only one who enjoyed this program!!! :laugh: It was tacky and dramatic and terrible in all the right ways. Ice dance has to have a few left field dances every season for it to really be ice dance; and this one did it proud! :) hahaha

LOL, that program was SO left field I think it was practically the parking lot!