USFS announces cities for Nationals 2021 and 2022 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

USFS announces cities for Nationals 2021 and 2022

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
:) Is there a way to get advanced notice? some mailing list a person can get on, maybe?

edited to add: I went to the U.S. Figure Skating website. I'm a Friend now. It's a good cause!

Not only is it a good cause, when you go to US Nationals or Skate America you get to go to the Friends of Figure Skating Breakfast and meet some of your favorite skaters!

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Nashville!! You know what, I might actually be able to make that happen...

I've been waiting (since 2004) for them to bring nationals back to Atlanta but Nashville is close enough. That would be awesome, and in an Olympic year too!

I wonder how much tickets will be? Better start saving now!

Scott Hamilton is the force behind Nashville. I’m willing to bet it’s going to be a heck of a party!

sillylionlove29

Rinkside
I’ve always wanted to go to a Nationals and I’ve never been to Nashville. But I have vacation cruises already planned during both those nationals in 2021 and 2022. Bummer!

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Dunkin Donuts Arena in Providence, it's right next to the Providence Place mall. It would be perfect, SOI always goes there. Close to airport, restaurants, mall, hotel and Boston and Newport.

Great! Thank you! I think I'm going to send an email to Coyote Chris' buddy, Bob Dunlop, and suggest it. People were talking about how convenient it would be, and there's some fun sightseeing in that area if anyone is interested. Thx for the info!

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
Nashville!! You know what, I might actually be able to make that happen...

I've been waiting (since 2004) for them to bring nationals back to Atlanta but Nashville is close enough. That would be awesome, and in an Olympic year too!

I wonder how much tickets will be? Better start saving now!

Oh, but kwanatic, I was there for the last Nationals in Nashville, and it wasn't very good for Michelle! But hopefully this one will wash any bad memories away ... which are probably long forgotten by most, anyhow!

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Very impressed -- sent an email to Bob Dunlop on 2-1 suggesting Dunkin Donuts Arena in Providence, RI. He answered back already that they are aware of that facility. In fact, the Synchro 2020 Championships are being held there this year. Hope it goes well so it will be used again.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Detroit for 2023 pls :)

I've heard they are bidding for 2023 Worlds :)

It was in a news article after nationals and I've heard more whispers of it since then.

ICYMI (during Nats, as I did :hopelessness:):

Philip Hersh @olyphil

Mini-scoop: @USFigureSkating will bid for the 2024 World Championships and begin seeking potential hosts later this year. @ISU_Figure will pick site in June 2021. ...

https://twitter.com/olyphil/status/1220429316179271682 (Jan 23)​

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I wonder why the US didn't go for 2023 Worlds? 8 years in between Worlds seem long. I would think a 7 years gap like with Canada.