2018 Worlds Pairs Short Program | Page 38 | Golden Skate

2018 Worlds Pairs Short Program

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Man, that was an unexpected score but I'm not unhappy the judges love J/C as much as I do.

Dimitry

Rinkside
Vanessa was like "Oh no, I f up the sbs jump, I two footed the throw jump, they are gonna score us <70 :'("
Then after the score showed up she couldn't believe it xD. The judging had been very lenient today in pairs.

Procrastinator

On the Ice
Many, many, many people.

Mostly Hanyu fans.

:slink:

Really? I've always gotten the impression that Hanyu fans like him because he's friendly with Hanyu and trains with him. And he's never beaten Hanyu unless Hanyu has made severe severe mistakes, so there aren't any "close calls" for them to be salty about. Regardless, it's a moot point because Javi came, saw, and conquered, and now he's gone.

Edit: In fact, isn't there a big community of HanyuxJavi shippers? LOL

SpiffySpiders

On the Ice
The amazing and wondrous James/Cipres - Oh Vanessa, mistakes like that aren't going to cut it in a field this strong if you want to stay on the podium. In honesty, that third place is too high already and I love this pair.

When at their best, which this obviously wasn't, J/C is a team that should be podium regulars. That they aren't, and that it seems unfixable, is a shame. They make me both happy and sad in almost every competition, much like Liubov and Dylan did.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
I don't know. J/C had maybe better chemistry than Z/E, but the number of little errors was too high for me. I would place them 4th, not 3rd.

andromache

Record Breaker
I'm so happy for my J/C darlings.

Please keep competing! Please!!! The judges obviously want you to!!

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Eeee Katia and Harley just got through! I don't get their score though...they're so good! Ah well, I guess the only way is up!

But that was a very exciting competiton, now all my fingers and toes are crossed for T/M! The Candyman can, I believe in them! :biggrin:

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
I'm a Yuzuru fan and I like Javi. I mean of course I prefer Yuzuru, but I have no dislike for Javi.

Of course not you and not all of his fans! You're one of the few who is positive about everybody.

I think the really negative ones left to the other Hanyu forum.

Lota

Record Breaker
I know everyone in the world loves the J/C and hates Z/E... but with those mistakes... how? :shocked: :confused: :eek:hwell: I mean, I understand the PCS, everyone's tastes are different, but purely on the TES to be above the Russians, Italians and Chinese... :reye:

LaArdilla

Medalist
Can the score stay this way for the FD? I want to do well at the Predictions 😀

Lol I love those “emotional highlights” 🙂

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
After the SP. multiple spots would be:

3 spots

RUS (2 + 4 = 6)
ITA (5 + 8 = 13)

2 spots

GER (1 + 16 = 17)
FRA (3 + 18 = 21)
CHN (6 + 9 = 15)
CAN (10 + 18 = 28)
USA (11 + 17 = 28)

CAN and USA are just barely holding onto second spots right now.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
I know everyone in the world loves the J/C and hates Z/E... but with those mistakes... how? :shocked: :confused: :eek:hwell: I mean, I understand the PCS, everyone's tastes are different, but purely on the TES to be above the Russians, Italians and Chinese... :reye:

For example, J/P's GOE on the throw appeared to be positive despite being clearly two footed. Let's see the final protocol