2018 Worlds Pairs Short Program | Page 40 | Golden Skate

2018 Worlds Pairs Short Program

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
There's a 4 point gap between 2nd and 3rd . And just a little over five point gap between 3rd and 11th. It's going to be an interesting free skate!

Kutien

Final Flight
1Aljona SAVCHENKO / Bruno MASSOT GER82.981video
2Evgenia TARASOVA / Vladimir MOROZOV RUS81.292video
3Vanessa JAMES / Morgan CIPRES FRA75.323video
4Natalia ZABIIAKO / Alexander ENBERT RUS74.384video
5Nicole DELLA MONICA / Matteo GUARISE ITA72.535video
6Cheng PENG / Yang JIN CHN71.986video
7Kristina ASTAKHOVA / Alexei ROGONOV RUS71.627video
8Valentina MARCHEI / Ondrej HOTAREK ITA71.378video
9Xiaoyu YU / Hao ZHANG CHN71.319video
10Kirsten MOORE-TOWERS / Michael MARINARO CAN70.4910video
11Alexa SCIMECA KNIERIM / Chris KNIERIM USA69.5511video
12Tae Ok RYOM / Ju Sik KIMPRK66.3212video
13Anna DUSKOVA / Martin BIDAR CZE66.2913video
14Miriam ZIEGLER / Severin KIEFER AUT65.2114video
15Ekaterina ALEXANDROVSKAYA / Harley WINDSOR AUS65.0215video
16Annika HOCKE / Ruben BLOMMAERT GER63.2616video
17Deanna STELLATO / Nathan BARTHOLOMAY USA61.4817video
18Camille RUEST / Andrew WOLFE CAN59.9818video
19Paige CONNERS / Evgeni KRASNOPOLSKI ISR58.4419video
20Laura BARQUERO / Aritz MAESTU ESP58.3620video
21Lana PETRANOVIC / Antonio SOUZA-KORDEIRU CRO57.2521video
22Julianne SEGUIN / Charlie BILODEAU CAN55.6822video
23Ioulia CHTCHETININA / Mikhail AKULOV SUI53.6223video
24Miu SUZAKI / Ryuichi KIHARA JPN53.3324video
25Lola ESBRAT / Andrei NOVOSELOV FRA51.9425video
26Kyueun KIM / Alex Kang Chan KAM KOR42.8526video
27Zoe JONES / Christopher BOYADJI GBR42.0227video
28Elizaveta KASHITSYNA / Mark MAGYAR HUN36.3328video

gold12345

Medalist
with the fear of everybody in hear hating me i have to confess that for me morgan and james are usually overscored!I dont know,they seem always sloppy.I am sorry i dont get the hype.I wish i could join everybody s excitment about them but i guess i really enjoy nicely polished programs to creativity.They seem hard workers though and that i support.

They are definitely a bit rough around the edges and they were a little off today. Vanessa gets a bit sloppy. I thought the scores were a little high for all the pairs who are probably considered favorites for bronze. None of them had their best short programs today.

TerpsichoreFS

Marin Honda's skating skills
Final Flight
Of course not you and not all of his fans! You're one of the few who is positive about everybody.

I think the really negative ones left to the other Hanyu forum.

Unlike the really negative Hanyu haters who mostly stayed on this forum.

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
None of them had their best short programs today.
Exactly.

Comparatively, with ordinals I'd have J/C 3rd, maybe the numbers are a bit deceiveing for some, but considering their twist, spin, step sequence (!!!) and quality, I'd definitely give J/C 3rd place over Z/E. They racked up the GOEs on their clean elements. And I found them really "in" and not holding back despite the glitch. Kudos.

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
I love Vanessa and Morgan, but it wasn't their best performance.
I hope their amazing FS will keep them the 3rd place. :hap10:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
The Chinese pair teams were grossly underscored, especially Yu/Zhang as compared with the Europeans and Russians who were underperformed with pretty obvious mistakes but received very generous scores. What a great competition it was, NOT.

LadyB

Record Breaker
...and I completely did not get hype with S/M, never got it

Me neither. They totally don't do anything for me.

As for J/C, I also think they had one really great performance and ever since they are traded as a sensation, which they are not. I admit that I like watching them and I usually like their music choices, but I wouldn't call myself a fan.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
...and I completely did not get hype with S/M, never got it

Different strokes for different people. I was spellbound by S/M's magic again. I might not love your favorite teams; whoever they are that I don't know. But that's a life. :)

girl in red

Rinkside
Me neither. They totally don't do anything for me.

As for J/C, I also think they had one really great performance and ever since they are traded as a sensation, which they are not. I admit that I like watching them and I usually like their music choices, but I wouldn't call myself a fan.

absolutely agree with both statements!

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Fresh from the arena, reflecting on Vanessa and Morgan - I think that this is the only pair right now that knows how to pull off modern music with edge/grit or sensuality undertone in believable way that interest audience, not making them cringe. While other teams try to emmit that kind of feeling or mood, depending on music/characters, they just embody it, meaning it by not only move, but also look and connection for me. And it is their strong argument I think in terms of reception at least.

It was a great day. I am fed up, but in state of fan's extasy.

smythe

Rinkside
I just realised this, but Aliona has medalled at every world's she's competed in since 2007! The only time she didn't medal was 2015 when she wasn't eligible to compete with Bruno.... That actually kinda blows my mind. o_O

QuadThrow

Medalist
The world record seems almost untouchable, I will have to look up what sort of magic V/T put on the table in 2014 :laugh:
Their BV was three points higher since the required lift was from group 5 in 2014.

Aljona and Bruno got a WR score today.

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Fresh from the arena, reflecting on Vanessa and Morgan - I think that this is the only pair right now that knows how to pull off modern music with edge/grit or sensuality undertone in believable way that interest audience, not making them cringe. While other teams try to emmit that kind of feeling or mood, depending on music/characters, they just embody it, meaning it by not only move, but also look and connection for me. And it is their strong argument I think in terms of reception at least.

It was a great day. I am fed up, but in state of fan's extasy.

:agree: :dance3: hope you are having a wonderful time even though it was probably a tiring day.. Enjoy the rest of your time there & thanks for posting your thoughts live!!

LandShark

Rinkside
two good SP's at the top of the list , but T/M definitely superior on the night for me. Massot was having a ball , but Savchenko struggled in places. Performance level off the scale though , fun fun fun , love it.

Tarasova/Morosov were as smooth as silk. Everything performed with quality. Jumps , spins , steps , all assured and polished.

james/Cipres , come on. You can't be that sloppy at this level at this level and get away with it. Very lucky to be in third , and they will know it. The FS will have to be better to keep them up if everyone else doesn't blow out.

Zabiaako/Enbert were better for me. Lovely quiet understated style , full of quality and elegance that J/C lack so badly. That girl is so good she could reinvent herself as an ice dancer.

Marchei'Hotarek were a slight disappointment. Definitely off their Olympic high. Here's hoping for better in the free.

Yes , I think the Chinese pairs were underscored. They deserved better.

Not a classic World SP by any means. It looked like a post Olympic year. Still great entertainment though. Good luck to them all in the free.

QuadThrow

Medalist
Aljona and Bruno got maximum scores for the twist, steps and lift and almost maximum for the DS. Rightly so. These elements impressive me every time I watch them. Their score for the throw was a bit too high...

This is the way you win technically against a crystal clean T/M.

I think there is almost no way for T/M to the Gold. They need to be totally clean and two big mistakes from the Germans. But this is unlikely going to happen after we all watched Bruno's confidence today.

Z/B absolutly annoy me.

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I think that that throw loop was one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen in my life.

Quite a hyperbole, but yeah that was a helluva glorious moment from Evgenia & Vladimir. It's usually their strong element but this time around I was more impressed than usual. So floaty, grand & confident. I think throw triple loops are the most beautiful throws. Shen / Zhao were god-like in them.

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
Quite a hyperbole, but yeah that was a helluva glorious moment from Evgenia & Vladimir. It's usually their strong element but this time around I was more impressed than usual. So floaty, grand & confident. I think throw triple loops are the most beautiful throws. Shen / Zhao were god-like in them.
I almost couldn't believe my eyes!

nocturnalis

Medalist
Different strokes for different people. I was spellbound by S/M's magic again. I might not love your favorite teams; whoever they are that I don't know. But that's a life. :)

That’s great that you appreciate “their magic”, but remember that magic is usually Performace Execution and Interpretation, not Skating skills.