2018 Worlds Pairs Short Program | Page 39 | Golden Skate

2018 Worlds Pairs Short Program

girl in red

Rinkside
with the fear of everybody in hear hating me i have to confess that for me morgan and james are usually overscored!I dont know,they seem always sloppy.I am sorry i dont get the hype.I wish i could join everybody s excitment about them but i guess i really enjoy nicely polished programs to creativity.They seem hard workers though and that i support.

franzkatka

On the Ice
I know everyone in the world loves the J/C and hates Z/E... but with those mistakes... how? :shocked: :confused: :eek:hwell: I mean, I understand the PCS, everyone's tastes are different, but purely on the TES to be above the Russians, Italians and Chinese... :reye:

I think most of us agree it was not deserved (Vanessa too). I probably would have put Magnificat in third tbh

Roo87

Medalist
After the SP. multiple spots would be:

3 spots

RUS (2 + 4 = 6)
ITA (5 + 8 = 13)

2 spots

GER (1 + 16 = 17)
FRA (3 + 18 = 21)
CHN (6 + 9 = 15)
CAN (10 + 18 = 28)
USA (11 + 17 = 28)

CAN and USA are just barely holding onto second spots right now.

How many points do you need for 2 spots?

LadyB

Record Breaker
What a night! Surely worthy of a Worlds competition! There were some things that I definitely didn't see coming. I'm totally up for the FS now!! Bring it on! :clapper:

*~RussianBleux~*

Medalist
with the fear of everybody in hear hating me i have to confess that for me morgan and james are usually overscored!I dont know,they seem always sloppy.I am sorry i dont get the hype.I wish i could join everybody s excitment about them but i guess i really enjoy nicely polished programs to creativity.They seem hard workers though and that i support.

I think sometimes they are over marked on TES. Today probably one of those times. But PCS for certain other teams that just happen to be ranked right around where J/C are ridiculous as usual. It's hard for me to find other teams over marked in comparison.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland

You don't need to be sorry! I don't get the hype as well. (same with S/M)

Jedi

On the Ice
Well the results right now in the short are probably what most thought would happen if the judging didn't overly inflate Italy It might have happened had the the top Italian team skated better. Still the top 11 teams or rather teams from 3 to 11th are all close enough they could win bronze S and M have a lot of confidence after the olympics, there is more shine on them so I don't think the can be beaten especially with Candyman being the best threat. good for russia comng in 2, 4 and 7th so far. It looked like they might be in tourble but it looks good right now.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
How many points do you need for 2 spots?

28. This is in the chart:

Number of entries this year / To earn 3 entries next year / To earn 2 entries next year
1 / Place in the top 2 / Place in the top 10
2 / Total placements is equal to or less than 13 / Total placements is equal to or less than 28
3 / Top two placements is equal to or less than 13 / Top two placements is equal to or less than 28

TryMeLater

On the Ice
The real question is, which table was it put on?

I'm betting it wasn't the kiddie table.

:shame:

Nothing to do with tables.
The SP while V/T skated required a group 5 lift (BV for level 4: 7 points), while now the required lift is a group 3 lift (BV for level 4: 4.5).
That basically prevents from breaking the WR in the SP.

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Anna Karenina requires passion and chemistry.

Stick with the story-free classical music.

Watching T/M and then S/M is like night and day, but both are excellent. Just sooooooo different.

I find the AK music does not resonate for me and seemed to match how I feel about this team.

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Can anyone tell me why Z/E are Russia #2 over A/R #3. Z/E are the most boring skaters ever (and I saw them live at Skate Canada). At least A/R have some flair and are interesting performers. Anyone??

*~RussianBleux~*

Medalist
I think now that S/M are leading going into the FS, the edge is heavily in their favour. Don't think Candyman has the same scoring potential as S/M's program. Even with gross inflation and flawlessness, I can't see T/M's program getting above 155 (or even close tbh), whereas S/M will get to 160 (or close). Obviously meltdowns can happen and like you never know, but it'll be difficult to see T/M leading S/M by 1.5 points in the FS.

I think T/M are hungry. They will not make the mistakes they made at the Olympics. I do not believe the judges ever had a problem with Candyman the way people talk here. Candyman PCS have already been inflated this season. They are ready to give it to them when they skate clean, Candyman or not, and if S/M make a mistake they are in trouble. Honestly if they skated Candyman perfectly at the Olympics I believe they would be Olympic champions. It is unfortunate that we have to hope that people will make mistakes so the scoring will be fair.

auser

Record Breaker
Of course not you and not all of his fans! You're one of the few who is positive about everybody.

I think the really negative ones left to the other Hanyu forum.
I love both of them. I do not see that as being disloyal to either :luv17:.

Jedi

On the Ice
You don't need to be sorry! I don't get the hype as well. (same with S/M)

I actually agree though they have an exotic look about them (the french)- physically I am not so overwhelmed by their skating. Sure I admire Aliona - she is driven, fierce and a diva - nothing will stop her from getting what she wants and she wants it all.