2014 Skate America Pairs FS 10/26 | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2014 Skate America Pairs FS 10/26

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I preferred K/S's FS to V/T's last year. (But I preferred a lot of programs to V/T's last year.) Very dramatic.

I enjoyed most of the FSs. Alexa's looks at the end of that program were hilarious. She looked like she wanted to kill him in the kiss and cry after their scores. D/F were really good. Nice start to the grand prix series.

LOL that look says, You ain't getting any nookie for the rest of the season! LOL! She Fusar-Polied him!

QuadThrow

Medalist
What a success for Ingo Steuer. He changed from Germany to the USA (after Aljona Savchenko has fired him) two week ago for coaching D/F. Now they are second....

Ilvskating

Final Flight
K/S are great! Love both their programs. They are better than before in performance. So dramatic, but not over the board like before. The new look is flattering too. So happy for them.

Meoima

Match Penalty
What a success for Ingo Steuer. He changed from Germany to the USA (after Aljona Savchenko has fired him) two week ago for coaching D/F. Now they are second....
I'd love to see Ingo to become extremely success so German Fed would just go crazy!!

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
Kavaguti/Smirnov and Denney/Frazier were both awesome! A well-deserved win for K/S. D/F's program is beautiful and so well-constructed and they performed the heck out of it. They served notice to all the other US pairs.

samson

Medalist
What and opportunity for Denney and Frazier. To win the silver medal here was totally unexpected to me. I would have thought bronze is they were lucky but they delivered where others couldn't. Also they got a big jump up in their PCS for the free skate. To go from high sixes to mid sevens. If they keep skating like this, I think a lot of people are going to take notice. They still need a lot more time imo to grow and develop but if this is any indication of the rest of their season, I won't be surprised if they win nationals and go to Shanghai.

s_parks

Record Breaker
Very curious as to how pairs in Korea will shape up with Steuer. No doubt D/F have the best team behind them in US pairs.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker

Don't get ahead of yourself. It's Skate America, and P\Z bombed their FS. It's too soon to say. But congrats with clean skate I guess. They were cute.

text_skate

🇺🇦
Medalist
Country
European-Union

I guess he will do for American pair skating the same as Igor Shpilband has done for ice dance.

QuadThrow

Medalist
I'd love to see Ingo to become extremely success so German Fed would just go crazy!!

Ingo is one of the best coaches in the world an nobody in Germany wants to pay him because he has worked for the intelligence service in the GDR for two years. This situation is absolutly unbearable. Good luck for him.

samson

Medalist
Yeah D/F have John Zimmerman and now Ingo Steuer. That's formidable in my eyes. They've got a long way to go, but I think they have the right team behind them.

Lota

Record Breaker
My hat is off to K/S, I mean, gosh, THE DRAMA :love: I am just so in love with this program and this performance... When the video comes up, I'm gonna watch the hell out of that.

Felt really sorry for Peng, those falls. I loved their program as well, I thought it really suited them. Shostakovich :love:

Alba

Record Breaker
Never been a fan of K&S, although I have a huge simpathy for them. This program though is gorgeus!
I love Manfred Symphony and Moskvina has done it again. A superb, beautiful, fantastic choreo. Pure russian beauty. :clap:
I would've loved to see V&T skating to this program at the Olympics.

It will be a sad day when that little genius woman, called Moskvina, will leave this sport. :cry:

anyanka

Record Breaker

Ooh, he could help the US build a stable of truly competitive pairs like they used to have back in the 80s and 90s!
It's still early days in the season though, he's just started working with them and we likely won't see truly great breakthrough results for another couple of seasons. But if they rise quickly with him and John Zimmerman at the helm, it would be something to see.

anyanka

Record Breaker
:clap: for Yuko and Sasha! A personal best of 140.00 when they were written off by so many. What a great comeback!!

This also puts Stolbova & Klimov on notice ...

bramweld

Record Breaker
:clap: for Yuko and Sasha! A personal best of 140.00 when they were written off by so many. What a great comeback!!

This also puts Stolbova & Klimov on notice ...

Almost ANYTHING done by Moskvina will far exceed that done by Moser. In Moser's group their is no real innovation almost every program seems formulaic even with a theme. V/T have become complacent, their only concerns are the elements and doing them as spectacularly large as possible, nuances don't really exist. So I really really hope that Yuka and Sasha really show the world how great pairs skating is done. WOW.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Almost ANYTHING done by Moskvina will far exceed that done by Moser. In Moser's group their is no real innovation almost every program seems formulaic even with a theme. V/T have become complacent, their only concerns are the elements and doing them as spectacularly large as possible, nuances don't really exist. So I really really hope that Yuka and Sasha really show the world how great pairs skating is done. WOW.
ITA. I acknowledge that V/T is great but for some reason I enjoy S/S much more. They were more fun to watch (and with weirder outfits, lol)

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Just wanted to say that Kavaguti/Smirnov have joined the exclusive group to have won all GP's (not GPF, though)

SC 2008
CoR 2010
NHK 2011
CoC 2011
TEB 2012
SA 2014