2015 World Team Trophy Ladies FS Apr 18 | Page 23 | Golden Skate

2015 World Team Trophy Ladies FS Apr 18

cl2

Final Flight
really? :eek: I always felt Mao's 3A lacking in something... nearer to UR than a perfect jump while Liza's are bigger and easier

Could be the camera angle, but Liza seems to enter her 3A very slow, and it just goes vertically up and down, quite high but without covering much distance. Mao's 3A seems to have more speed, cover more ice, and better flow out (when it's landed).

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Anyone catch that nice hug Jason have Gracie on the podium after everyone left? It was really touching...

Meoima

Match Penalty
well... for Japan only single skaters matter... :disapp: with this attitude Japan will never be a serious contender for a medal at the Olympics
I wonder why honestly, even China has okay ice dance team. Not the best but they're ok. JSF should invest more in pair and ice dance, they have many small ladies who are good enough for pairs.

yuki

Final Flight
I wonder why honestly, even China has okay ice dance team. Not the best but they're ok. JSF should invest more in pair and ice dance, they have many small ladies who are good enough for pairs.

The ladies aren't the problem, the men are...

andy08

Rinkside
The only department in which russian are consistent is Ladies competition...
But alone the Ladies can't win the competition ...
Good for U.S.A. to have found a formula to reach 1st place.

Enjoyable competition, fun to watch! The future is bright ... Already next season will be really interesting for each discipline! Couples return of at least 2 russian couples and see how they'll manage with Canadians (Have you seen the technical analyse of their performance from M + Eric after finishing the free?? I like them a lot + of course I love Sasha + Kavaguti) and Chinese...
MEN: let's see how develop U.S. men + russian with Great Yuzuru + Javier ....
LADIES: great fight already in national team for Russia with some great come-backs... Surely these ladies will push this sport forward technically + artistically... And put in Gracie's "bold/blond" ambition for 3A (who knows??? maybe she'll find some stability...) + newcomers ... what a great future at least for the next 3 years...
DANCE: and the return of some new russian mixed shaked in the U.s. + french + U.S + ....
It's going to be CRAZY!!!
DANCE:

daphenaxa

Record Breaker
well... for Japan only single skaters matter... :disapp: with this attitude Japan will never be a serious contender for a medal at the Olympics

Well yeah. And this team Koga/ Boudreau are promising but once again the guy is Canadian

Meoima

Match Penalty
The ladies aren't the problem, the men are...
My friend in Tokyo who live near a police school told me Japan has tons 6 feet guys (and handsome too) there. So it's not like JSF couldn't find any Japanese guy who is 6 feet tall. But yeah... The point is they're not interested in FS.

alebi

Medalist
Huh?? Since when is team event a serious Olympic sport?

but since they have added it to the programme you can't ignore it. And since Japan is so strong in single they can easily win another medal, even with different skaters than the BIG ONES... but they need to work on dance and pairs because at the Olympics single skating isn't worth so much as it's here. It's a pity they not even gave a close-up to dance and pairs japanese guys here :eek:hwell: That explains so many things... :disapp:

Last edited:

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
My friend in Tokyo who live near a police school told me Japan has tons 6 feet guys (and handsome too) there. So it's not like JSF couldn't find any Japanese guy who is 6 feet tall. But yeah... The point is they're not interested in FS.

Yes, I don't think pairs/dance are seen as well as singles in Japan. If anything, Sui/Han show us that the guy doesn't even have to be 6'+. Han is barely 5'7", but I think this is an exception and certainly not the rule.

cruzceleste

Record Breaker

I remember Yuzuru saying that for a long time he was the only male fs in his club, I think that after his home rink close, so maybe is hard to get guy interested in fs.

zebobes

Final Flight
By the way, the ISU stream is now streaming the Pairs free skates that weren't streamed earlier.

yuki

Final Flight

Don't know about the general population, but their top male skaters are all quite short - Yuzuru is the tallest among them, I think, and he's listed at 171 cm. Lack of pair/dance coaches might be another problem; their most successful team, Takahashi/Tran, trained abroad, in Canada.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Don't know about the general population, but their top male skaters are all quite short - Yuzuru is the tallest among them, I think, and he's listed at 171 cm. Lack of pair/dance coaches might be another problem; their most successful team, Takahashi/Tran, trained abroad, in Canada.
Actually Yuzuru is about 1m74 now, he has gotten taller but they haven't updated his bio. I have some Japanese friends who are about 1m8. I don't think they lack tall and strong guys.
Maybe as you said, they have no pair/dance coach.

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
The only department in which russian are consistent is Ladies competition...
But alone the Ladies can't win the competition ...
Good for U.S.A. to have found a formula to reach 1st place.

The funny thing is, had Liza landed the 3A in the SP or even swapped it for a saver jump, the Russians would still have won, despite Men and Pairs. :think:

andromache

Record Breaker
It's still weird to me that Satoko received lower PCS scores than Gracie, Liza, and Elena despite having higher TES than all of them.

If we accept the logic that PCS usually rises with TES, Satoko should have won the ladies LP. I think she was really lowballed in PCS.

And I don't mean to be one of those "wuz-robbed" posters. I don't even consider myself to be a Satoko fan because her tiny jumps really, really bother me. But if she is going to be penalized for that weakness, I expect it to be in the BV (receiving < or << for example) or in GOE. If she had mistakes that interrupted choreography, interpretation, performance, skating skills, etc, I could understand her PCS being lower than Liza and Lena, but I don't get it tonight. And although a clean Gracie has superior PCS aspects than Satoko, a messy Gracie doesn't. I don't understand the scoring tonight regarding PCS.

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
10:25 local time, according to schedule.

Edit: OOOPS! Sorry, that was just the training. EX is 14:00

Fantastic! Thank you!

That's 10PM, Saturday April 18th, for anyone in the PTZ (US west coast)!

Last edited: