Random Confessions | Page 30 | Golden Skate

Random Confessions

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Your neighbors in Pennsylvania will be ready to welcome you back:agree:

I was in Michigan for the very first time ever on Tuesday and then Saturday:but I never left the airport; I was connecting in Detroit.:laugh:.

Started me thinking, though, about places where I have been *only* in the airport:
Detroit
Phoenix
Charlotte
the runway at Newfoundland, didn't even get to the airport:biggrin:

Anyone else have "airport only" cities?

Airport only

Calgary
Toronto i have spent way more time at the airport there than the one day I spent in the city
Minneapolis St-Paul
Princess Juliana International Airport (Saint-Marteen)

Airport/Harbour
Chicago : i have spent half a day there but have been to the airport/harbour longer

Portland Maine : I arrived by boat to take a cab to the airport

Harbour only :
Detroit

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Airport only - Amsterdam (returning from Israel)
Dublin (en route to Prague)
Dallas/Fort Worth
Minneapolis
Salt Lake City

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
LOL! Go Caps! Here's hoping they slay it in game 7 in the semi-finals tomorrow!:hap10:

Oh HECK YEAH! I'm hoping Burkie shines bright again. And that we get no stupid penalties (*cough* Orpik. *cough* Wilson (He still cool)). And that we play like we did in game 6.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I did remember you figured out "Christmas City" at one point, maybe after a Lehigh reference, so I knew Pennsylvania was in there somewhere....:biggrin:

There was a rink near the Echelon Mall, been there forever (as in, when I was a young rabid Flyers fan) tried "skating" there once in the hope I might see some real live Flyers close up, since they all lived in Voorhees. But most times I crossed the Walt Whitman was to go "down the shore"....

Bethlehem, eh? ;)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I have a hard time not critiquing photos when browsing facebook. Not so much to say "that person's ugly" or whatever, but just the quality of the photo... composition, exposure, etc...

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I have a hard time not critiquing photos when browsing facebook. Not so much to say "that person's ugly" or whatever, but just the quality of the photo... composition, exposure, etc...

Do you tell them?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Do you tell them?

No, I don't even critique those that ask for it because typically people get butthurt if I'm truthful and I just don't like dealing with the drama. I have one friend who thinks she's an amazing photog, but refuses to actually learn the craft and at best her stuff are semi decent snapshots with one or two a year that get really lucky and look great. She's asking me for comments before and for me to teach her, but she doesn't actually want it. She just wants me to give her kudos. Drives me nuts. I'm not the best photographer out there - I am constantly learning - but those that think they need no more training/knowledge... ugh!

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
Airport only:

Anchorage - for refuelling before there are direct flights between Hong Kong and Toronto
Somewhere in Switzerland, probably in Zurich - it was many many years ago i can't remember well

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
it's finally a real spring in Poland, sun is shining, less than 30 mins to the end of workday - cheers to All, I'm feeling happy (now), that's the 'confession' :laugh:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
it's finally a real spring in Poland, sun is shining, less than 30 mins to the end of workday - cheers to All, I'm feeling happy (now), that's the 'confession' :laugh:

Seconded! Finally warmth came to Poland, and hopefully for a longer time than just one day. I was fed up with that cold lasting half an year, it was depressing.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker

Just last night a taxi driver informed me that people have been complaining about the weather here. I figure that's because we are having a Spring for a change. In Montreal, a long Winter usually transitions into summer in a week or two. This year, we had a warm Winter and now the weather has been indecisive for two months. (By Spring, I mean it has stayed above 0°C but hardly reaches 20°C or stays there. This is Canada. :))

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Just last night a taxi driver informed me that people have been complaining about the weather here. I figure that's because we are having a Spring for a change. In Montreal, a long Winter usually transitions into summer in a week or two. This year, we had a warm Winter and now the weather has been indecisive for two months. (By Spring, I mean it has stayed above 0°C but hardly reaches 20°C or stays there. This is Canada. :))

no no.. this is not Canada.. this is MONTREAL ;)

I lived elsewhere in Canada ;) where the winter is 2-3 weeks long and spring last 3 months of cherry blossoms and magnolias and so on ;)

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
no no.. this is not Canada.. this is MONTREAL ;)

I lived elsewhere in Canada ;) where the winter is 2-3 weeks long and spring last 3 months of cherry blossoms and magnolias and so on ;)

I was only defining Canadian Spring :) while describing Montreal season pattern. (Last night discussion turned into how people complain about things they have no control of and how they always try to change events and people while totally lacking self control, in behaviour, emotions, and thoughts. This young driver loves to discuss and learn and we have rather intellectual and spiritual discussions regularly.)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
(By Spring, I mean it has stayed above 0°C but hardly reaches 20°C or stays there.)

This is our current weather, given it is autumn. We're maxing out around 18C at the moment (though not today - it is very cloudy and threatening rain).

ines42575

On the Ice
Country
Uruguay
This is our current weather, given it is autumn. We're maxing out around 18C at the moment (though not today - it is very cloudy and threatening rain).

Our's too. This weekend is the ''Beach Season '' end :sad21: btw, there will be only 3.5 months before going to the beach again. Autumn means Churros and Torta Fritas :yahoo:

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Our's too. This weekend is the ''Beach Season '' end :sad21: btw, there will be only 3.5 months before going to the beach again. Autumn means Churros and Torta Fritas :yahoo:

mmmmm churros! :love:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^^^:cool14: :dance3: Dulce de leche is great, but just the plain ones are delicious too. Now you're making me hungry. Do you guys fill them with cajeta?