Random Confessions | Page 32 | Golden Skate

Random Confessions

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
I fall asleep with TV or a movie lots of times and the content usually infiltrates my dreams, mostly an unpleasant exlerience. But recently fell asleep watching "Paterson" (Jim Jarmasch' latest film) and the content blended with my dreams in a cool way. It's about a young man and his wife living a quiet uneventful mundane life; he drives a bus for a living but is an aspiring poet and the film centers around the creative process. His stay at home wife dabbles in design, cooking, music in that order.. with iffy results (but they don't watch TV!.. hah) the whole thing is a tone piece, a love sonnet to the creatIve process, to those of us who are armchair artists and to time, the 4th dimension. The Bulldog, Marvin, is very effective comic relief. Also watched it through three times without falling asleep..
Once in a blue moon one must fall asleep to something like this..

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=E8_L9kqie7s

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Confession: I have absolutely no idea how much to price my furniture before that won't be too high, but also won't be way too low.

ETA: Also, craigslist scares me

Last edited:

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
I really like falling asleep to a movie but usually don't tell people that I LOVE falling asleep to Hitchcock's "Psycho". :hpull: Thankfully it doesn't invade my dreams.

Now THAT is one scary movie!!!!! I like Marnie though..:biggrin:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Now THAT is one scary movie!!!!! I like Marnie though..:biggrin:

Love Marnie! I am actually a HUGE Hitchcock fan and have a 12-movie collection (on VHS unfortunately). He was a genius. Some of the stuff is so 50s and 60s it's hilarious.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
NNF : i am obsessed with zucchini fritters ;)

hi:), good to hear, when I'll do my 'Foodie Tour' in North America, I will already know all your preferences:laugh::cool14:

I did zucchini bread yesterday, broccoli tart will be done on Thursday:)

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
So we're all a bunch of softies :eek::

:ghug:, no need for being embarrassed! The older I get, seeing how World is looking now, the more grateful I am that I still feel something positive, that I am moved. Because the easiest thing seems to be feeling negative emotions these days...

I have no access to YT at work and thus will watch those commercials You've all posted, but during Christmas time in Poland there was great, moving commercial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tU5Rnd-HM6A (I am not sure if there are subs, but the story is about a grandpa learning English to be able talk to his grandchild, living abroad)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
:ghug:, no need for being embarrassed! The older I get, seeing how World is looking now, the more grateful I am that I still feel something positive, that I am moved. Because the easiest thing seems to be feeling negative emotions these days...

I have no access to YT at work and thus will watch those commercials You've all posted, but during Christmas time in Poland there was great, moving commercial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tU5Rnd-HM6A (I am not sure if there are subs, but the story is about a grandpa learning English to be able talk to his grandchild, living abroad)

damn it... crying twice in the same evening... you guys!!!!

i guess i should confess that GS makes me cry ... a lot ;) lol

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
damn it... crying twice in the same evening... you guys!!!!

i guess i should confess that GS makes me cry ... a lot ;) lol

:ghug:

about GS and emotions...people there, their views on things, enthusiasm, being passionate about not only FS often move me, give an inspiration, expand my artistic/musical preferences, make me smile, laugh, teary...There's a lot to be told about it, but an important thing drawn out of GS for me is definitely a positivity of people here:)

Manitou

Medalist
Just completely random, out of the blue, I had a dream Carolina Costner was a guest on my son's wedding. What a ...
Why Carolina Costner????

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
And you had me tearing up watching all these commercials...

My confession: I like watching random k-drama in TV in the evening :)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I take too many pictures... trying to figure out which ones to print to display in my office has been a challenge... I've narrowed it down and now I'm polling on facebook to narrow it down to the final images! oy! lol