2018 Russian FS Championship Men SP | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2018 Russian FS Championship Men SP

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Well, give him some love *and* time. He can be a good performer someday. :) Though this score means Voronov's chance for Olympics can be squashed unfortunately. His PCS score doesn't make a sense though, but it's a National event.

"Someday," well, you can say that about everyone. I don't know if I want to keep following this sport that long, especially if the men's discipline continues the way it has lately.

Kara

Final Flight
I walk in, see those PCS for Samarin, and do a 360 degree turn before walking right back out.:slink:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Well, it's a nice program for Kovtun...if he sticks around he should keep it since he's barely competed. I wonder how much of his performance is really due to injury and how much due to lack of discipline. He was just at some kind of award ceremony or party right before flying to SPB :confused:

Whoa...64.72, even below Petrov! Yiiikes

starla16

Medalist
Well, it's a nice program for Kovtun...if he sticks around he should keep it since he's barely competed. I wonder how much of his performance is really due to injury and how much due to lack of discipline. He was just at some kind of award ceremony or party right before flying to SPB :confused:

he looks out of shape, when did he resumed trainings ?

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
he looks out of shape, when did he resumed trainings ?

I assume he's been training since before Skate America. Not sure how consistently though.

38.50 PCS - the Fed is really done with him. Well, he had his time as the favorite, nothing lasts forever...

starla16

Medalist
64.72 for Kovtun, second to last :disapp:
that's goodbye another Olympics and worst being dropped like a cold potato after years of being the poster boy

moriel

Record Breaker
64.72 for Kovtun, second to last :disapp:
that's goodbye another Olympics and worst being dropped like a cold potato after years of being the poster boy

Well, tbh i dont see why he would get a higher score for what he did on the ice.
When he was poster boy, he was landing more stuff.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
I'm curious to see what kind of PCS Misha will get IF he lands his quads. Samarin got a 4-point bump, so Misha is in for a 47+ if he lands his stuff? He'll probably get a 45+ with falls, so I can still see him scoring close to 100. But Dmitri was second to skate and still got a nice 2-point bump in PCS from his internationals scores, so I don't know what people were expecting from Samarin.

And I'm not talking about quality in skating, but the name of the game are the quads.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Misha will get skyhigh PCS regardless if clean. It's irrelevant because he is the Fed's darling.

vorravorra

Record Breaker
I'm curious to see what kind of PCS Misha will get IF he lands his quads. Samarin got a 4-point bump, so Misha is in for a 47+ if he lands his stuff? He'll probably get a 45+ with falls, so I can still see him scoring close to 100. But Dmitri was second to skate and still got a nice 2-point bump in PCS from his internationals scores, so I don't know what people were expecting from Samarin.

And I'm not talking about quality in skating, but the name of the game are the quads.
And CSKA :rolleye:

lost3iron

More Rock & Roll please!
On the Ice
Come on people Kolyada hasn't skated yet. Don't jinx the guy I like him. :)

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
"Someday," well, you can say that about everyone. I don't know if I want to keep following this sport that long, especially if the men's discipline continues the way it has lately.

I thought Kovtun couldn't dance at all but just skated through music, but his presentation skills are much improved. He is not any more the same person in the days that he bombed on his jumps, nothing to see from his programs. Too bad that his presentation and jump skills don't go together well at the same time though. Honestly, I don't have a high expectation from Samarin, but he can be a spoiler to shake off the game. That intrigues me.

lost3iron

More Rock & Roll please!
On the Ice
Who has skated to Erokhov's music? I can't remember

I can't believe I forgot Aliona!!!!