2018 Russian FS Championship Men SP | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2018 Russian FS Championship Men SP

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
My jaw dropped at Samarin's total score and also his 4Lz3T. Having watched video of his SP and that of Kolyada's, I'm really impressed with his jumps and find Kolyada's jump errors not accounted for enough in his scores. Both PCS are high for their skills and artistry but this is a nationals.

Samarin's BV makes him a dark horse at the Olympics, depending on how others do on the days. Is he consistent?

He is.

vorravorra

Record Breaker
My jaw dropped at Samarin's total score and also his 4Lz3T. Having watched video of his SP and that of Kolyada's, I'm really impressed with his jumps and find Kolyada's jump errors not accounted for enough in his scores. Both PCS are high for their skills and artistry but this is a nationals.

Samarin's BV makes him a dark horse at the Olympics, depending on how others do on the days. Is he consistent?
Samarin's problem is in the FS, where his best BV is 90.06 (with three quads).

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Well there is huge inflation but it will be hard for Voronov to make it now without the arsenal of the top two. But Kovutun - wow. what a fiasco. With the fall of Patrick Chan Russia has a really good shot again at team gold come Olympics. Russia should beat Canada in women and men with Canada winning dance. THis leaves a battle in pairs where anything can happen between Duhamel and Radford versus S/K and M/T.

congrats alex samarin on winning the short--job well done.

good job mikhail and dmtri

good job sergei.

great job men. good luck in free

vorravorra

Record Breaker
Since when is a BV of 90 with 3 quads considered problematic? :scratch:
There was talk about him being a podium contender. He'll need substantially more than that. Plus a much higher BV with three quads is possible (the first things Sasha needs to do is to stop losing the third combo every time).

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Well there is huge inflation but it will be hard for Voronov to make it now without the arsenal of the top two. But Kovutun - wow. what a fiasco. With the fall of Patrick Chan Russia has a really good shot again at team gold come Olympics. Russia should beat Canada in women and men with Canada winning dance. THis leaves a battle in pairs where anything can happen between Duhamel and Radford versus S/K and M/T.

Firstly Team Russia needs to be at Olympics 2018. If the skaters compete as individuals, they wouldn't be allowed a national team.

Secondly, it's a bit early to call Russian win over Canada in Men and Ladies, n'est ce pas? Will Evgenia be good and ready? Will Samarin be good and ready for such a big event?

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Who were your favourites today from those generally non-hyped & little lower classified Men today?

Two names caught my attention:

Vladimir Samoilov: dazzling quadruple salchow and surprising amount of polish for someone that I watch for the first time (and who finished just 17th in his debut senior nationals as I read)

Artem Lezheev: his strong musicality left a lasting impression on me. No quad, but the quality of his elements is satisfying for sure. This random fall though before his last spin though ... oh well.

ewdokia

On the Ice
Wow! I think Kolyada will power through to first but Voronov has alot to make up to grab second. Am I correct that the Russian federation waits until the European championship to name the team? Of course, this is all skewed by the IOC's ruling to ban Russia. Still, I think 2 men will represent the country in whatever capacity they are allowed. Despite his GP wins, I think Voronov will have to position himself well at Nationals and Europeans to get that designation.

I unfortunately fear that Russian Fed will take any possible steps so that Sergei won’t even make the Team for Euros. They don’t want him on the team any longer. Sending him to Euros might endanger the position of Samarin, who they very obviously prefer. Don’t forget that the 3rd spot is decided by coaches’ council. So even in case Sergei finishes 3rd, they might still opt to send Dima Aliew instead of him. One can only imagine how hard it must be for Sergei to compete under such circumstances, i.e. knowing that the officials are just waiting for the slightest mistake. :(

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I unfortunately fear that Russian Fed will take any possible steps so that Sergei won’t even make the Team for Euros. They don’t want him on the team any longer. Sending him to Euros might endanger the position of Samarin, who they very obviously prefer. Don’t forget that the 3rd spot is decided by coaches’ council. So even in case Sergei finishes 3rd, they might still opt to send Dima Aliew instead of him. One can only imagine how hard it must be for Sergei to compete under such circumstances, i.e. knowing that the officials are just waiting for the slightest mistake. :(

Whoa. You go so fast from your fear to certainty to Segei's agony. You ask me to imagine someone else's emotional state resulting from your imagined scenario?