2018 NHK Free Dance | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2018 NHK Free Dance

oly2018

Final Flight
Has anyone else noticed that Marie France is not listed on some the introduction boxes as a coach for some the Montreal teams? I started to notice it yesterday, but couldn't figure out if this was already a well known thing. Patrice is listed with some other coaches, but not M-F

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Well, better than Skate Canada for sure. Still, it's interesting to me that Carreira/Ponomarenko, who these two were neck and neck with last season, have scored much better. C/P's high score is 177, ~18 points better. And their lowest score is 167, so ~8 points better. And they have a good shot at a GP medal next week with Chock/Bates out. Of course, S/A had an injury that affected their prep, so it's not an equal comparison.

Shpilevaya/Smirnov had 167.94 in their CS, for what it's worth.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Our disco babies really have one of the best choreographed character step sequences of the season. It really just gets you in the mood.

Really there is just a nice little GB Dance Renaissance happening right now. Nick and Penny must be proud. And the Kerrs.

ETA: And there goes the stream again. It's just like 2008 or so all over again.

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
This dance was SO FUN live. Love the ending!

I wish more of the very top teams would be brave enough to do stuff like this.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Super fun.

I don't understand why more teams don't skate to fun music. ID can be so.. dirgey sometimes.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Has anyone else noticed that Marie France is not listed on some the introduction boxes as a coach for some the Montreal teams? I started to notice it yesterday, but couldn't figure out if this was already a well known thing. Patrice is listed with some other coaches, but not M-F

Only for Fear/Gibson from what I've seen. They were training in Montreal only part-time in the past and Karen Quinn was their British coach I believe. Though now they are in Montreal full time as far as I can tell.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Man am I old.

Ice Dancers are actually dancing to my jams from back in the day. *real* EW&F. With Maurice White vocals and Philip Bailey back ups.

I don’t give a hoot what else this team does ever. They have my heart:drama: