2018 Internationaux de France Free Dance | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2018 Internationaux de France Free Dance

LadyB

Record Breaker
Whatever happens, I’m so nervous for Piper & Paul! Hope they have another super amazing dance!:cheer2:

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
Hm in slowmo you can see they don’t skate that close together yet.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Ack sorry! I love the Postmodern Jukebox covers

It is alright. I love Tom Jones. When they were playing "It's not Unusual" in the break I got excited and thought someone was skating to it.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I think that Allison and Saulius have a very nice musicality and timing, she is also quite a performer:)

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
You may. How do you feel about badly done covers of songs?

There are some covers I heard earlier that are alright. Like the "With or Without You" one that was done last year by D/R. And the Disturbed version of "The Sound of Silence." But a number of them, ummmmm. I mean I appreciate that people are going out of the box with skating music and not just sticking to classical, ballet, opera songs etc, but sometimes people need to listen to see if it works. If someone can sell the heck out of it, then great.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Allison REED / Saulius AMBRULEVICIUS
Music: Crazy by Gnarls Barkley (Space Jazz Cover feat. Hannah Gill and Casey Abrams)
Choreography by: Marina Zueva, Massimo Scali
Costumes: Black dress with Illusion fabric Neckline and back with appliques for her, basic black fo rhim

Program Layout:

Love the music. Interesting jazz take.
Twizzles - nicely done with good spacing, sync and coverage. Need more speed. Level 4 for both, 1.25g
Curve Lift - level 4, .52 g
NT St Seq - Level 2 for both, .84g
Sounded like a weird music cut and is a definite tempo change into
Chor Char St Seq 1.66 It has a wonderful exit out of it that is "crazy"
SL Lift - Level 4, .55 goe
Diag St Seq - with twizzle out. Level 2 .69g
Dance Spin - level 3, .19 goe
Ro Lift - in a split position, level 4, .52g
Chor Spinning Movement - 1.04g
Chor Lift .42g

Nice. Love how it slowly builds. I found it charming.

Score: 93.50 and a SB

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
Maybe coaches complained yesterday because you can hear anything in the K&C now.

Lester

Piper and Paul are made of magic dust and unicorns
Final Flight
Mozgov, whatchu wearin'?

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
There are some covers I heard earlier that are alright. Like the "With or Without You" one that was done last year by D/R. And the Disturbed version of "The Sound of Silence." But a number of them, ummmmm. I mean I appreciate that people are going out of the box with skating music and not just sticking to classical, ballet, opera songs etc, but sometimes people need to listen to see if it works. If someone can sell the heck out of it, then great.

How do you feel about that dreadful cover of Amy Winehouse's back to black on the Great Gatsby soundtrack? That is just about my least favourite cover.

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
It is alright. I love Tom Jones. When they were playing "It's not Unusual" in the break I got excited and thought someone was skating to it.

Now I want to see someone skate to It’s Not Unusual...

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Allison REED / Saulius AMBRULEVICIUS
Music: Crazy by Gnarls Barkley (Space Jazz Cover feat. Hannah Gill and Casey Abrams)
Choreography by: Marina Zueva, Massimo Scali
Costumes: Black dress with Illusion fabric Neckline and back with appliques for her, basic black fo rhim

Program Layout:

Love the music. Interesting jazz take.

*side eye*

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Who let this lovely and handsome Russian man go on the ice looking like that?