2023 U.S. Nationals Sr. Pairs Short Program | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2023 U.S. Nationals Sr. Pairs Short Program

GGFan

Record Breaker
K/F will win obviously, class of the field and I don’t begrudge them that (or any of their well earned success!) to be clear. But I can’t seem to get invested in their programs, personally.
While I enjoy them I also completely understand this perspective. They're not giving you that Shen/Zhao, Sui/Han, Gordeeva/Grinkov connection. This is why I think that if both teams skate clean ultimately the Japanese team will have the edge. Audiences ultimately want to be moved.

Last edited:

labgoat

Working on Costumes contest & REWATCHES
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well I feel a bit better about current U.S. hopes, but still am worried about the future.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Lordy. Danny O'Shea has PRESENCE on the ice.

He makes a commanding figure with his excellent posture.
I love him so much I dragged myself down 85,000 flights of stairs, got one of the National Development Team to throw my bear to them, the kid couldn’t get it on the ice either, started my crawl/walk back up the 85,000 steps, sat down and watched P/F, continued my walk, got to the top, sat down and watched K/F, called the police to report a robbery in the judging, and finally got back to my seat. When you gotta throw a stuffie, you gotta throw a stuffie.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States