2023 U.S. Nationals Sr. Pairs Short Program | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2023 U.S. Nationals Sr. Pairs Short Program

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks for posting the Russian pirate link, and it's on replay too.

Wow, is 81 points a record for pairs SP at US nationals? Alexa seemed a little off to me, not her usual spitfire. But they were head and shoulders above the rest.

I liked Danny and Ellie, pretty good for such a new pair. So far the results are where I mostly thought they would be.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was about to say, don't like that! 18 is still young, and I wonder if Danny can really be committed to more than a couple seasons at this point, but...

Even if Danny closes out his figure skating career (I remember him saying he wanted to end his career on a happy note) within a few years, he and Ellie are doing so well out of the gate that Ellie would have a great record for a young pair girl. I'd imagine at that point, she'd have a lot of credibility and might actually have a new partner nearly as quickly as Alexa got Brandon! well, maybe not that quick ...

midori green

On the Ice
I’m pretty sure her mom is her singles coach…so, who knows?
I hope she stays with pairs as her primary focus. She has such great performance energy in her pairs programs, and that doesn't come through in her singles programs (yet, anyway). Daniel matches that energy well, too. They were fun during the JGP. I expect they will do junior worlds, then who knows with the age limit issue...

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Was it the big soft-looking one that she had? I tried to memorize what they were holding to find out which was from you.
Yes the big soft looking (and feeling) one with the sequins. I wanted to keep it! But stuffies must go to make room for the new!

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I don’t know if they are still training it. It’s been so devalued (unless it was upped again in this last set of rule changes) that it’s not worth doing anymore. But hey if you’re leading by a crazy amount and feel like doing it go for it I say.
The skating lesson posted them executing it over a week ago during practice. See below:

Don’t forget the Chinese team won the Olympic gold medal 🥇 due to this element. I would love to see them attempt this quad element. Pairs needs to move to the quad phase.

mrrice

Record Breaker
I haven't seen the programs but, that score for Alexa and Brandon. :jaw:I can't imagine they'll be caught after a score like that.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The skating lesson posted them executing it over a week ago during practice. See below:

Don’t forget the Chinese team won the Olympic gold medal 🥇 due to this element. I would love to see them attempt this quad element. Pairs needs to move to the quad phase.
Also I do not and will not ever watch TSL, so they could be talking about a quint twist and I would not know.

They were moving to the quad phase. Then moved away from it due to it being so undervalued that it wasn’t worth it to do. As I said they may have made it higher scoring but teams definitely moved away from it due to it being undervalued.

ChiGal

Rinkside
Well I have a restored faith in US pairs. The current lead competitors did well. However the earlier groups are definitely a work in progress.

Artistry

On the Ice
Hi why is there no commentary on some Peacock videoa of US nationals and Europeans and aome have it? Trying to watch with commentary, but Pairs is no commentary… thanks in advance, been a while. Peacock has decided to allow us replays? Cause few months ago there weren’t any.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hi why is there no commentary on some Peacock videoa of US nationals and Europeans and aome have it? Trying to watch with commentary, but Pairs is no commentary… thanks in advance, been a while. Peacock has decided to allow us replays? Cause few months ago there weren’t any.
Peacock is only showing the replays for a few hours after the event, so watch now while you can.

As for why commentary or "no commentary"? It's a mystery. No rhyme nor rhythm. I just click on each offering to find out. Good luck. I don't think there was commentary anywhere for Pairs SP. There was for RD for a while, then they cut her off mid-sentence! Sometimes, in the past, the boxes saying "World Feed" are the ones with commentary.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Peacock is only showing the replays for a few hours after the event, so watch now while you can.

As for why commentary or "no commentary"? It's a mystery. No rhyme nor rhythm. I just click on each offering to find out. Good luck. I don't think there was commentary anywhere for Pairs SP. There was for RD for a while, then they cut her off mid-sentence! Sometimes, in the past, the boxes saying "World Feed" are the ones with commentary.
Yes, Ashley is doing World Feed

Artistry

On the Ice

Thank you!

SkateTM0102

On the Ice

I think that’s Alexa and Chris, not Alexa and Brandon. There’s a lot of things Alexa and Brandon do extremely well, the twist in comparison to her and Chris’ is not one.

ramurphy2005

Unabashed Mainer
On the Ice
Country
United-States
can you tell which ones are available for 2 days? I personally have had replays disappear while I was watching, so I'm gun-shy
When you click on them, they tell you how long they're available.

Now, the pairs SP is saying 1 day, but it did say 2 days when I looked at it earlier. I'm guessing that means it still might be slightly more than a day, but still under 2 days since we've changed from Thurs to Fri on the east coast. It would be easier if they just listed it in total hours available the entire time.

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Knierim/Frazier's costumes are some of the worst Lisa McKinnon works of all time
I mean the costumes aren't that bad. My goodness. In any case, I'm more interested in these two stellar athletes and World champs, and the great performance they put out. I don't immediately want to find something to criticize.

Alexa/ Brandon were on point. I love them, and kudos to them. I truly appreciate them for coming back to the fray. They deserve every bit of the inflated 81 points, just like all the other inflated scores World champions, top Russians, Sui/Han, and the current fave Japanese team always receive.