Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Wow! Alexa and Brandon. Amazing!
I wonder if they will go for quad twist in the free skate 🤔

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
I'm so relieved. 13 was just too much for me.
I was about to say, don't like that! 18 is still young, and I wonder if Danny can really be committed to more than a couple seasons at this point, but...

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
what kind of figure skating fans are they? can't they get their food on the spot? i can't even! :drama:
I carried in a bag of peanuts, a bag of beef jerky and 3 diet cokes (worth 20 dollars in SAP center). I’m here for the duration. I bought 4 6 pack bottles of Diet Coke in Safeway last night for about $20. I just did the math, that would be $135 if I bought them all here. As my 19 year old stepdaughter would say “They be trippin!”

readernick

Medalist
While I enjoy them I also completely understand this perspective. They're not giving you that Shen/Zhao, Sui/Han, Gordeeva/Grinkov connection. This is why I think that if both teams skate clean ultimately the Japanese team will have the edge. Audiences ultimately want to be moved.
I see this. However, for me personally this program is really unique and inventive. Why do pairs always have to romantic? Why do they choose the same miserable or romantic soft rock? The fact that K/F have the most inventive and complex choreography this season makes me root for them. Also, the powerful aggressive programs suit who they are as skaters. I wish more pairs would be this brave with their choreo choices.

On the other hand, I love the Japanese pair but do wish they would get a new choreographer. Their programs work against their natural charm and skills. So, they may win the charm offensive but I don’t think their programs deserve the highest PCS. ( except clearly the SS because they are Japanese 😂)

Last edited:

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It would have been a weird pairing if she was only 13. In part because that would be REALLY young and it would be years before they could compete internationally.
But they already have. There are too many Ellie’s. My brain can only handle so much. They have ALREADY competed internationally and gotten a gold and silver in their two assignments
Danny - I own it, deal with it
That’s one of the reasons I love him. It’s a very Moonvine like quality. I approve. The other reason being his obvious love of skating. Some people think it’s a fake smile or whatever, but no. He smiles like that in practice as well. He just loves it.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
These two - Baram and Tioumentsev - look more junior-ish to me than the last couple of pairs.
I believe she was partnered with someone else last year and they skated juniors, but someone will have to fact check me on that because I don’t want to make another grave error. The development team really liked their SBS spins, I can tell you that.

slider11

Medalist
Alexis and Brandon are, for sure, the cream of the crop - but I would have had Plazas/Fernandez, Kam/O'Shea and McBeath/Bartholmay, in that order next.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Kam and O'Shea: thank you! Beautiful choreography, exquisite positions and energy! With more work, they can be world class! Or they might already be...
They have had two international outings and won one gold and one silver.

labgoat

Working on Costumes contest & REWATCHES
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I see this. However, for me personally this program is really unique and inventive. Why do pairs always have to romantic? Why do they choose same miserable or romantic soft rock? The fact that K/F have the most inventive and complex choreography this season makes me root for them. Also, the powerful aggressive programs suit who they are as skaters. I wish more pairs would be this brave with their choreo choices.

On the other hand, I love the Japanese pair but do wish they would get a new choreographer. Their programs work against their natural charm and skills. So, they may win the charm offensive but I don’t think their programs deserve the highest PCS. ( except clearly the SS because they are Japanese 😂)
It would be weird to see Alexa being lovey dovey with her FRIEND Brandon. Each team has its own personality. This one has an athletic style. I also love the Japanese team and their easy charm. I do think their music reflects their coaches vision of them more than their choice of music, but it is still a young team. I will be rooting for both teams equally hoping that each one achieves world champion status.

Lutzedge

Final Flight
Country
United-States
These two - Baram and Tioumentsev - look more junior-ish to me than the last couple of pairs.
Sonia is only about 14 years old though. They have skated Junior throughout the season, but competed Seniors at a US National comp and scored a huge score, so they were sent to Senior Nats. They have a ton of potential, but the ISU rules with ages are going to prevent them from competing Internationally till the 2026-2027 season.😭

slider11

Medalist
Sonia is only about 14 years old though. They have skated Junior throughout the season, but competed Seniors at a US National comp and scored a huge score, so they were sent to Senior Nats. They have a ton of potential, but the ISU rules with ages are going to prevent them from competing Internationally till the 2026-2027 season.😭
I also think they were buoyed by the judges- their skating skills, especially with the step sequence were sub-par. Perhaps there is a future but I am curious why the judges are pushing them now.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I see this. However, for me personally this program is really unique and inventive. Why do pairs always have to romantic? Why do they choose the same miserable or romantic soft rock? The fact that K/F have the most inventive and complex choreography this season makes me root for them. Also, the powerful aggressive programs suit who they are as skaters. I wish more pairs would be this brave with their choreo choices.
You make a good case for K/F and their choices.

I don't think pairs have to be romantic; there are lots of examples: Aljona and Robin weren't; also there are Ashley and Tim, whose connection came because of their mutual devotion to their music and their expression.

But to take it farther back, there's Tai and Randy. I didn't get a "romantic" vibe from them, and their chosen music was classical.

Still, Tai and Randy made me feel something. For me, that's an essential part of figure skating. Transferring emotions from the skaters, and the way they move, to the audience members.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wow! Alexa and Brandon. Amazing!
I wonder if they will go for quad twist in the free skate 🤔
I don’t know if they are still training it. It’s been so devalued (unless it was upped again in this last set of rule changes) that it’s not worth doing anymore. But hey if you’re leading by a crazy amount and feel like doing it go for it I say.