2023-24 Russian Nationals Women's Free Skate | Page 27 | Golden Skate

2023-24 Russian Nationals Women's Free Skate

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
So final list of

Who did better than their best skate at stages?

Valieva +11.77
Muravieva +10.59
Petrosian +10.22
Fursova +9.68
Sinitsyna +7.73
Vazhnova +5.56
Frolova +3.92
Yametova +3.26
Gushchina +2.30
Sadkova +0.11
Gorbacheva -4.15
Agaeva -5.31
Anisimova -8.29
Talalaikina -13.49
Kshetskaya -17.47
Zakharova -21.33
Kulikova -22.13
Khromykh -28.92

Interestingly, Valieva wins this one...:wink:

KhinSuShein

Rinkside
Happy to see that Mura was clean and landed her 3A! Now, let's hope she can land 3 of them cleanly at the final and not make any silly mistakes.

we need to pray that she's fully recovered in time for junior nats 😭
I saw in Instagram that she has been training since 4 weeks, posted by plushenkoofficial. Hope she is going to be fully recovered from now to February!

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
I think most people are rejoicing that she was correctly scored into third place. She has gotten some extremely generous scoring the last 2 years that more accurately reflects what she used to do on the ice not what she did at the current competition.
She already got correctly scored in cup stages this season. So it isn't the first time the judging is fair in a competition she took part.

Skating91

Medalist
So final list of

Who did better than their best skate at stages?

Valieva +11.77
Muravieva +10.59
Petrosian +10.22
Fursova +9.68
Sinitsyna +7.73
Vazhnova +5.56
Frolova +3.92
Yametova +3.26
Gushchina +2.30
Sadkova +0.11
Gorbacheva -4.15
Agaeva -5.31
Anisimova -8.29
Talalaikina -13.49
Kshetskaya -17.47
Zakharova -21.33
Kulikova -22.13
Khromykh -28.92

Interestingly, Valieva wins this one...:wink:

She was clearly in better shape than the stages. I didn't really see any difference between Muraviova or Petrosian compared to the stages.

Mathematician

Pilgrim on a long journey
Medalist
That's why Kamila should retire. She is now a brilliant show skater, not a competition skater anymore. This was her last medal. She isn't good enough for Adeliia and Sofia and the next girls are waiting to compete on the highest level. Kamilas time on top is over. Alina Z. was way smarter than Kamila and realized, when it's the right time to say "goodbye" (even "silently" but those, who wanted to understand, understood she was retiring in the well known interview) before losing all reputation. Even in Team Tutberidze there is finally a new Number 1.
Kamila should start enjoying her life.
Shes around tied for 3rd in the entire world with Kaori. What are you talking about? Complete nonsense.

Yes. She should retire with a last medal. She fought, she tried anything. Brave girl. If she will retire now, she can be proud she tried it a last time. But that's the maximum she could achieve.

She was the best and is now "only" number 3. The next 2 girls with amazing skills are waiting to compete as adults and Adeliia and Sofia will stay ahead of Kamila. So at maximum rank 4 or 5 next year (if she is allowed to skate after January). Why to compete for rank 4 when she was the best in the world? Makes no sense for me. If you cannot perform anymore on the same level, try something new. In business life that's pretty normal.
To know, when it's the right time to resign is part to be a great athlete. That's why Alina Z. for me is for the moment a bit greater than Kamila: She knew, when it's time to say "goodbye" and to go on with something new.

Compared to her shape at the beginning of the season and now I assume, Kamila enjoyed her life a few months ago also.
Yea I wonder why she should keep skating oh right there is this thing in life called doing what you love nevermind still being top 3 world wide.

Do you people even think before you type? Im sorry but...

Mathematician

Medalist
She was clearly in better shape than the stages. I didn't really see any difference between Muraviova or Petrosian compared to the stages.
Muravieva's 3A got more consistent

Adeliia is about the same as her 2nd stage, which is fine considering her sickness. Better overall skating but no 3A. Spartakiad should be massive for her.

Skating91

Medalist
She already got correctly scored in cup stages this season. So it isn't the first time the judging is fair in a competition she took part.

Last year Valieva was victimised by the judges only +3 on her 4T the best in the world.

Muraviova should have received -5 on the step sequence, the 3A was not clean, PCS punished for the fall.

Skating91

Medalist
Shes around tied for 3rd in the entire world with Kaori. What are you talking about? Complete nonsense.

Yea I wonder why she should keep skating oh right there is this thing in life called doing what you love nevermind still being top 3 world wide.

Do you people even think before you type? Im sorry but...

These people are emotional, bitter, idiots to suggest someone who is 3rd best in the world should immediately retire. Haha. Absolutely pathetic.

Mathematician

Medalist
These people are emotional, bitter, idiots to suggest someone who is 3rd best in the world should immediately retire. Haha. Absolutely pathetic.
Its just bizarre. Even worse than what you get on reddit.

And there is the other side of the coin. A certain user who was so emotional apparently Muravieva is now the most vapid skater on earth. Thats the reverse-reddit; just as annoying and sad. Next level cope.

Its interesting... how are we the ones who consider these FS events the highlight of our year, literally shaking for the top 3 and even still with that much investment we remain cordial? How empty then are the lives of these other people??

Skating91

Medalist
Its just bizarre. Even worse than what you get on reddit.

And there is the other side of the coin. A certain user who was so emotional apparently Muravieva is now the most vapid skater on earth. Thats the reverse-reddit; just as annoying and sad. Next level cope.

Its interesting... how are we the ones who consider these FS events the highlight of our year, literally shaking for the top 3 and even still with that much investment we remain cordial? How empty then are the lives of these other people??

These people frighten me. You would not want to know them in real life. Scary people.

Mathematician

Medalist
These people frighten me. You would not want to know them in real life. Scary people.
Oh, I'm sure I knew a few similar kinds of people in person. Poor times...

Glad that now I just enjoy the company of myself and our skaters...