2018 Canadian Nationals Senior Pairs - FS | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2018 Canadian Nationals Senior Pairs - FS

s_parks

Record Breaker
I/M and S/B have body of work over MT/M, which will be very interesting depending on how they place.

I/M finished 3rd at 4CC last year and 6th at worlds while S/B qualified for 2015&2016 gpf (seniors).

Oh, good point...not sure how convincing it'll be though, given how I/M just skated.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Kirsten Moore-Towers / Michael Marinaro

Music: Un Ange Passe by Alain Lefevre

Dove blue sparkly dress / white shirt, black pants

3Tw
2A+1Lo+3S - he wonky, twofoot on 3S<<
3LoTh - hangs on
5ALi
BoDs
PCoSp
3T - he twofoot
PCCoSp
3STh
ChSq
3Li

He had small problems with sbs jumps, but overall good skate that will take the lead

FS: 141.57, 209.85, 1/5

GGFan

Record Breaker
I prefer I/M but I gotta give MT/M2 props. They came and performed. They've improved quite a bit.

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
Wow - Great job by Kirsten and Michael! :) They have improved so much this year. I actually don't fear for Kirsten's life in lifts now. ;) They look great and had a nice feeling throughout their performance.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Moore-Towers & Marinaro

Tech: Good triple twist to open. 2A+1Lo+3S step-out from Marinaro (might be <). Alright 3Lo, Moore-Towers saved that landing. Very fast rotation in the lasso lift into a good death spiral. Marinaro double-footed the sbs 3T. Fairly good unison in the sbs spins. Very strong throw 3S and a solid carry lift to end the program.

Pres: I thought they both were able to carry to subtle tone of the music very well. It's not as dynamic or choreographically interesting perhaps, but it is very smooth, elegant, and soft. The side-by-side jumps were a bit messy from Marinaro today, but if they get the rotation on the 3S in the combo, they should be fine. A refined performance from M&M today.

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
Weird that announcer is saying that they guaranteed themselves a spot. Isn't it decided based on bawdy-awdy-awdy of work?