2018 Olympic Figure Skating Mens FS | Page 147 | Golden Skate

2018 Olympic Figure Skating Mens FS

nicfanz

Rinkside
Not a Hanyu fan but I'm glad he won and not Nathan. Nathan is all jumps and no artistry whatsoever. He is worse than Plushenko.

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
Lol. Everytime people said he can't, he did. So please continue. :popcorn:

Ophelia

Record Breaker
That was then! As good as Hanyu is today, I doubt he can replicate the 223 today my friend. He only has quad toe and quad sal at best to rely on. Nathan tried 6 quads, one was not perfect and with no triple toe attached to quad lutz this time. See where I'm coming from? Mathematically Nathan has the upper hand regardless if Hanyu scored perfect 10's on the PCS or how masterpieces his programs were tonight.

Um...Hanyu is also coming off an injury and only had 2 weeks to train quads, so mathematically Hanyu still has an advantage over Nathan given Hanyu's PBs. Hanyu also had a 5-quad layout planned and diluted it to 4-quad given his SP lead.

But keep trying to write Nathan into a maybe-champion.

Lota

Record Breaker
Gstjhbnshjfbv! I'm so angry, I slept through everything! Damn phone alarm clock, couldn't wake me up properly :cry: Looking at the results, everyone performed quite well too, wish I could've seen it live. In the wise words of Cher, If I could turn back time... If I could find a way~ :sad21:

Shandy

On the Ice
Anyone have a link to the medals? East coast NBC isn't showing it. 😭

Yes, this! Olympic Ice only showed 30 seconds of them all on the podium. I guess it doesn't merit featuring if there aren't any Americans...

jiawen2016

On the Ice
The performances were spectacular today ( my hands were hurting so much for clapping so hard), but why did the judges have to ruin it by unfair judging in the end :rolleye:

There is no word for the admiration that I have for Yuzuru! I guess it's some kind of orgasm as I get goosebumps from watching him skate. Just big Congratulations!

I was already in tears for Javi after his performance for his well-deserved Olympic medal, but now I cry more after seeing the protocols for the silver that he lost :(

I also really hope the judges will reward Boyang and give him what he deserves in Beijing if he can keep it up for another 4 years!

So proud of Nathan and Vincent's superhuman quads, and I'm actually kind of relieved that Nathan probably would not just leave skating and go to Harvard, as he might had he won the gold, since there is still an unachieved dream!

After Patrick won the team gold, I really had no expectation for him and was just staring at his foot for his amazing skating skills that probably won't be seen in years, but he gave us such a nice surprise for landing 2 3As!

My heart goes to Dima Aliev for staying so strong after the bad fall and Adam Rippon for just being Adam!

I'm also super happy for my little wild "black/white wolf" Daniel Samohin for landing four quads (SP + LP) and not having any disastrous falls!

zanadude

Medalist
Country
Japan
Instead of bashing the guys, why don't we just congratulate everyone for their hard work? I just don't understand why some here needed to go to the extent of belittling the guys. That's low.

Because saying that you love everyone equally is a lie, which cheapens everything else you say.

They got the mascots. The medal ceremony is usually around noon at the Medal plaza outside.

They will get their medals tonight.

FTnoona

Final Flight
If we are going to do hypotheticals, then might as well fairly apply it to Hanyu too. What if he hadn't gotten injured at NHK and was able to include the 4Lz and 4Lo in his freeskate or at the very least repeat his 2017 World FS. Competition isn't just a math game. You can win on paper, but if you cannot execute, it doesn't mean anything.

Ophelia

Record Breaker
If we are going to do hypotheticals, then might as well fairly apply it to Hanyu too. What if he hadn't gotten injured at NHK and was able to include the 4Lz and 4Lo in his freeskate or at the very least repeat his 2017 World FS. Competition isn't just a math game. You can win on paper, but if you cannot execute, it doesn't mean anything.

This.

If you're going to play the hypotheticals game, you need to apply it to everyone, not just cherry-pick one person and what-if-them onto the podium.