2014-2015 GPF Pairs Free Skate 12/13 | Page 18 | Golden Skate

2014-2015 GPF Pairs Free Skate 12/13

whatif

Medalist
Actually S/H consistently beat S/K in the junior. Only before Sochi S/K started to pull ahead and hold up there ever since.

That's simply not true. S/K were beating S/H ever since they both switched to seniors not after Sochi. S/H simply had tough transition to seniors.

Alba

Record Breaker
Yeah, Polish Eurosport is also willing to broadcast figure skating in the middle of the night or when everybody's at work :p at least GPF.

Yep. I see now they have the pairs at 22:25, and after the dance. So when is the dance live?

How did Sui&Han skated by the way?

That's simply not true. S/K were beating S/H ever since they both switched to seniors not after Sochi. S/H simply had tough transition to seniors.

Don't confuse people by giving them correct information. :rolleye:

whatif

Medalist
I doubt V/T will actually come back. Though if they are in shape they are the only ones who can beat clean D/R at this juncture.

Is this the last season for D/R?

apple123

On the Ice

When and where? S/H had won a bronze at GPF four years ago, while S/K were barely Russian's No. 4 for a few year.

whatif

Medalist
When and where? S/H had won a bronze at GPF four years ago, while S/K were barely Russian's No. 4 for a few year.

R u crazy or do you have something personal against S/K. The year S/H finished 3rd at Senior Grand Prix Final in Beijing, S/K were still competing at junior circuit and finished second at JGPF at the same event.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Do you have any idea if Trankov said something about his comeback during the competition? :D

He only said S/K and D/R are still his competition. So... :biggrin:

R u crazy or do you have something personal against S/K. The year S/H finished 3rd at Senior Grand Prix Final in Beijing, S/K were still competing at junior circuit and finished second at JGPF at the same event.

Just have a look at his/her post history ;)

Last edited:

apple123

On the Ice

I'm not sure you know what you are saying. You said I'm wrong, so I simply ask you when and where S/K beat S/H at senior before Sochi. Could you give me an example?

tulosai

Record Breaker
I'm not sure you know what you are saying. You said I'm wrong, so I simply ask you when and where S/K beat S/H at senior before Sochi. Could you give me an example?

Can we maybe take the bickering off the board and to private message? This is really irrelevant to this thread as a whole and is coming across as pretty petty.

apple123

On the Ice
I think all these discussion are relevant in this thread. I don't see the need to talk in private message. I'm asking for some fact. Even if the fact is against some poster's claim, it's still a fact.

Last edited:

Snow63

Record Breaker
So definitely no Russian Nationals or Euro?

Definitely no Nationals. Don't know about Euros or Worlds.
I personally think they will miss the whole season. They already have two competitive new programs, so it will be easier for them to prepare for the next season.

Alvyne

On the Ice
Country
Canada
Team event. Good for them. And they added 4STh at 29 with a lot of expirience in the bag. God know how long they were practicing it.
S/K will add it, don't worry. If not this season, then maybe next.

They only started practicing the quad over the summer... It became consistent quite rapidly.

apple123

On the Ice
Can we maybe take the bickering off the board and to private message? This is really irrelevant to this thread as a whole and is coming across as pretty petty.

As a few other posters point out, S/K outscored S/H 8 points alone in PCS. That puzzles me, especially considering the two teams competed against each other in junior many times and S/H always won. I'd like to find out why. I think that merits this discussion.

Alvyne

On the Ice
Country
Canada
I like Mozer's positive attitude towards D/R. Basically she admitted that if they can keep this up, they will win the Worlds but S/K are gearing towards fight next year against whoever.

But why wait until next year? If they practice harder elements and hit them, why not include them this year? Unless they are not very consistent...

whatif

Medalist
But why wait until next year? If they practice harder elements and hit them, why not include them this year? Unless they are not very consistent...

It's simply different strategy. Some coaches wants to perfect certain elements first. Others go opposite direction.

Snow63

Record Breaker

Of course they're not as consistent as these old elements. But she said it was their tactics from the start, and they're not going to change it. They're going for perfect execution and are adding difficulty bit by bit.