2014-2015 GPF Pairs Free Skate 12/13 | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2014-2015 GPF Pairs Free Skate 12/13

rosacotton

Final Flight
Jane Austen fans! :cheer: You're not nuts. You have Good Taste (and don't let anyone tell you otherwise!).
:)

It's like the Golden Skate Jane Austen Fan Club!!

He is! I adopted him and his brother, Darcy, at the same time. Thanks for 'getting it'... you'd be maybe surprised how few people do, even when they are together. My vet still has to be reminded every time that Darcy is NOT a girl... last time I was like no, it's like MR DARCY. His first name is actually Fitzwilliam but only his best friends call him that... and my vet looked at me like I was nuts... and now I also sound nuts here...oh well.

Cats named after Bingley and Darcy...super cool. Excellent taste. :dance: You are welcome! I admit to being more of a Bingley fangirl rather than a Darcy fangirl (Bingley doesn't get enough love and appreciation IMO), which is probably why I got it.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
:cheer: Sui/Han! Little mistake in the beginning, but beautiful overall. Best throws of the night so far.

Judging by the TES, I think they'll lose the free to Peng/Zhang, but it should be enough to keep them ahead overall.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Love Sui/Han :drama: They are so expressive. Unfortunate about the combo SBS jump. :cry:

Yes they are usually my favorite of the Chinese teams by far. I was so bummed they didn't get the Oly assignment last year. Though actually I MIGHT have preferred P/Z today... don't tell.

Lota

Record Breaker
I agree with Trankov here, while they were absolutely great technically, I find that I enjoyed the 2 previous Chinese pairs more... :slink:

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Well I enjoyed them :biggrin::thumbsup:

Wenjing SUI / Cong HAN ...................194.31 (FS TES 63.52, PCS 64.13)
Cheng PENG / Hao ZHANG ....................191.79(FS TES 65.62, PCS 63.71)
Xiaoyu YU / Yang JIN ..........................187.79 (FS TES 63.58, PCS 61.50)
Yuko KAVAGUTI / Alexander SMIRNOV ....184.54 (FS TES 63.88, PCS 64.69)

Last edited:

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
He is! I adopted him and his brother, Darcy, at the same time. Thanks for 'getting it'... you'd be maybe surprised how few people do, even when they are together. My vet still has to be reminded every time that Darcy is NOT a girl... last time I was like no, it's like MR DARCY. His first name is actually Fitzwilliam but only his best friends call him that... and my vet looked at me like I was nuts... and now I also sound nuts here...oh well.

No, you sound delightful :)

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Wenjing SUI / Cong HAN (CHN)

Music: Francesca da Rimini, Fantasy for Orchestra Op. 32 by P. Tchaikovksi

Pale blue costumes

4Tw
1T+1T - she does 1T+1T+2T, he does 3T+2T
3Li
3FTh
PCoSp3p - maybe bit short?
3S
3STh - nice!
FCCoSp3p - unison off/on
ChSq
BoDs
5RLi
5ALi

Big mistake on sbs 3T combo, but the other elements were solid. I also thought they seemed a bit hesitant, but still good overall

My impression was they thought their way through that program very very carefully. And that music just seemed too big for them today. Like you said, good overall, but...

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Wenjing SUI / Cong HAN 1st place (currently) FS 127.65 Overall score = 194.31

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
hello to all of you watching ;) I'm back just for 2 final couples and the rest of this skating circus, hope both Russians and Canadians bring their best

luvsasha

Final Flight
It's like the Golden Skate Jane Austen Fan Club!!

Cats named after Bingley and Darcy...super cool. Excellent taste. :dance: You are welcome! I admit to being more of a Bingley fangirl rather than a Darcy fangirl (Bingley doesn't get enough love and appreciation IMO), which is probably why I got it.

Bingley is the sweet one :love: I'd rather have a Bingley than a Darcy (nothing wrong with him, but he's just a little too broody for me).

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I'm surprised Sui/Han beat Peng/Zhang in PCS (when they couldn't do that in the short with a clean skate)... I guess it's second group magic at work.

Lota

Record Breaker
Trankov just said that Pang/Tong were planning to return for Worlds this year and that they already have 2 programs ready! :eek:

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Bingley is the sweet one :love: I'd rather have a Bingley than a Darcy (nothing wrong with him, but he's just a little too broody for me).

Totally OT, but perhaps we could orchestrate a Jane Austen book club in the Library section, going through each book every two weeks or something? :biggrin: Who else saw that Jane Austen Book Club movie?