2015 NHK Short Dance | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2015 NHK Short Dance

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
Great skates by Madison/Zachary and Maia/Alex! Their bows and the teddy bears were absolutely adorable! I can't wait for the FD tomorrow, hopefully the Shibs manage to recreate that magical routine from SC! :hap57:

GF2445

Record Breaker
Again, i feel like Penny and Nick's score was lower than it should be. I have them around 62-4 points in total.

atsumiri

Record Breaker
Shibs were so fabulous! Just Incredible. AND Their FD even better then SD!
i feel like B/S were much better then H/D..... They should be second. IMHO

andromache

Record Breaker
At this point I really prefer both H/D and Shibs to Chock/Bates this season. I don't know anything about ice dance so can't comment on which team is actually the strongest. Can anyone else comment on whether C/B are truly the frontrunners based on what's put out on the ice?

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
:luv17:

Alex's hair though. :disagree: Looks bad when flying around...

He needs that hair so he can be emo in the free dance. Without the shag, how can he run his fingers through it?

However, it wouldn't hurt for him to plaster it down Valentino-style during the short dance.

Dots

Final Flight
C/B are very good skaters, top three when they skate well. However, both of their programs are somewhat snoozy this year.

Both H/D and S/S have matched them step by step this year. I actually think the USA can put all three of its couples into the top 6 at worlds. The US is super strong this season.

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
In TES, all three teams are in that 33-34 range. But Chock and Bates has been averaging 36 pcs, vs. 34 for the Shibs and 32 for Hubbell/Donahue.

That buffer seems to be eroding though for the Shibs, albeit slowly. They scored 34 pcs here, compared to 33 something at SC.

slider11

Medalist
Good showing by the top 3! Not sure what happened to Coomes and Buckland but those waltz patterns were lacking. I think the SD is where Hubbell and Donahue shine, not so much in the FD. Not sure if it's the endurance piece but I think they lucked out with the decision to take their first place finish at TEB. We'll see how tomorrow goes. But Shibs were great and I think will shine with the Fix You performance.

Marta25

Medalist
Shibs were so fabulous! Just Incredible. AND Their FD even better then SD!
i feel like B/S were much better then H/D..... They should be second. IMHO

H/D received level 4 on both of their RW sequences, B/S had 4 and 3. B/S`s PCS were higher although they skated in the first warm-group, so I think they have still the chance to overtake H/D overall and qualify for the GPF.

Dots

Final Flight
H/D received level 4 on both of their RW sequences, B/S had 4 and 3. B/S`s PCS were higher although they skated in the first warm-group, so I think they have still the chance to overtake H/D overall and qualify for the GPF.

B/S have a better SD than a free dance. I actually think their Free Dance is the weakest of the top three, so I would be surprised if they overtake H/D. H/D are too strong this year.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
At this point I really prefer both H/D and Shibs to Chock/Bates this season. I don't know anything about ice dance so can't comment on which team is actually the strongest. Can anyone else comment on whether C/B are truly the frontrunners based on what's put out on the ice?

Somebody is going to have to REALLY bring it at Nationals for the American judges to kick Chock/Bates off the top of the podium. Remember, they won the SD at World's and finished second overall. With the French an iffy proposition for this season... USFSA isn't going to want to downgrade the team that is poised to win the WC.

That said, I agree with you that I personally enjoy both of these teams more. H/D hitting L4 on both the pattern steps... that's pretty big. the Shibs getting PCS of 34 internationally? It's going to be tight.

If the final standings at NHK end as they are now, US Nats will feature three dance teams that each have a gold and a silver on the GP circuit this season.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
B/S have a better SD than a free dance. I actually think their Free Dance is the weakest of the top three, so I would be surprised if they overtake H/D. H/D are too strong this year.

Totally don't agree. I think Bobrova/Soloviev's free dance is really strong. I think it may not be everyone's taste, but I think it will score well.

tvuckic16

Final Flight
Shibs were great! Well deserved first place!!! BS were very good also. I wish they were second, we'll see how the FD goes. Overall, happy with the outcome of the SD.

Dots

Final Flight
If the USFSA were crafty, they would be pushing for two teams to make the world podium.

Marta25

Medalist

I think B/S`s FD is stronger than H/D`s and B/S probably still have an advantage in the PCS department.

Marta25

Medalist

It probably will depend on the results at the GPF and if C/B are competitive with C/L and W/P. If C/B end up third there and the Shibs receive close scores to them, I could see them overtake C/B at Nationals.